What in Analogue Have You Bought Today?

50 minutes ago, MattyW said:

Yes, the VN35HE NeoSAS is just spectacular in a Grace F8C. Very special indeed :)

Just as a matter of interest, Jico no longer make the SAS. The guy who was doing them has retired and they don't have anyone else. 

• Like 1

Rantan, I just bought the project 1xpression carbon classic, I was considering the classic as it’s on special price atm, I just love the classic look of the classic, I’m sure you won’t be sorry if you bought one, use it with a half decent cartridge and you won’t look back.

35 minutes ago, t_mike said:

Just as a matter of interest, Jico no longer make the SAS. The guy who was doing them has retired and they don't have anyone else. 

Damn, that's a real shame :(

46 minutes ago, t_mike said:

Was thinking of dabbing back at MMs using my v15iii. Probably useless now then

1 hour ago, MattyW said:

Yes, the VN35HE NeoSAS is just spectacular in a Grace F8C. Very special indeed :)

So it fits the F8C as well, Matty? That's interesting because I found the F8L stylus very tight in the F8C with it's differing body to the rest of the F8 range. Good to know it fits?......but the below news is not good.?

59 minutes ago, t_mike said:

So the Neo/SAS range was his last hurrah? Bummer!!? Hopefully some of these stylus craftsmen are passing on their skills.....too many are disappearing and seemingly not being replaced.

Edited by stevoz

2 minutes ago, Naim man said:

Rantan, I just bought the project 1xpression carbon classic, I was considering the classic as it’s on special price atm, I just love the classic look of the classic, I’m sure you won’t be sorry if you bought one, use it with a half decent cartridge and you won’t look back.

Yeah thanks mate, these were my thoughts as well and for the money it must be a good buy I think.

I won't pretend it is high end, but high end is 5-6 times more money and this should do me for 2-3  of years at least.

• Like 1

Bought yesterday at JB’s 20% off sale. I wasn’t keen on paying $28 full price for 21 minutes of music [emoji45], but $22.40 and with the included hi-rez download card made it worth it.

IMG_2097.jpg

• Like 1

His name is vaguely familiar, perhaps listed on jacket of a country album I have. Never heard any of his own recordings, so it was I picked it up in Rozelle, Sydney. As it turns out he was one of the producers in Sun Studios and has worked with Cash, Lee Lewis, Orbison et al, even writing many hit songs for them! Certainly looking forward to spin ...

IMG_20180723_161813166.jpg

• Like 1

On 20/07/2018 at 5:26 AM, Bass13 said:

The Best of The Pogues, on Vinyl....for when my drinking buddies come over..:hiccup

Best_of_Pogues_Cover.jpg.8affd94ff25c8d5b73b244a4fb16e7d5.jpg

I'm sure that sounds spectacular, on your system, Sam!  :thumb:

Andy

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Happy said:

Describe with some comparisons pls? :)

OK let's see.

Smooth and organic sounding, not overly warm or cool, balanced, with lots of air and space around instruments . Good timbre texture and tone and utterly non fatiguing. Compared to my Denon DL 301 II it is more organic, less etched and less hyper detailed.Music just flows naturally and one record becomes 5 before one is aware.

Compared to my Shelter 201 it is much more open and less warm with more detail. The Shelter is like comfort food that eventually becomes too comforting and the Garrott is a better balanced meal,with freshness at its core.

All in all the P77i is highly musical and eminently listenable without edge or a surfeit of personality to get in the way of the music. It doesn't editorialise and one word keeps coming to mid and that is balanced, but in this iteration balanced  is never boring or without emotion,which it delivers in spades.

Edited by rantan
typos
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, rantan said:

Ok let's see.

Smooth and organic sounding, not overly warm or cool, balanced, with lots of air and space around instruments . Good timbre texture and tone and utterly non fatiguing. Compared to my Denon DL 301 II it is more organic, less etched and less hyper detailed.Music just flows naturally and one record becomes 5 before one is aware.

Compared to my Shelter 201 it is mush more open and less warm with more detail. The Shelter is like comfort food that eventually becomes to comforting and the Garrott is a better balanced meal,with freshness at its core.

All in al the P77il is highly musical and eminently listenable without edge or a surfeit of personality to get in the way of the music.

Thanks

BTW hope you had those last miniscule ohms perfectly adjusted for the evaluation ya know otherwise no point whatsoever ;) 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Happy said:

Thanks

BTW hope you had those last miniscule ohms perfectly adjusted for the evaluation ya know otherwise no point whatsoever ;) 

Ummm - it's an MM, H ... so it expects 47K.  :lol:  No fiddling necessary.

Andy

1 minute ago, Happy said:

Oh some of MM dudes would raise their eyebrow to that Andy :)

True, H - I'm well aware that wood-bodied Grados prefer ~35K over 47K.  But if they're really serious about correct loading for an MM, H, IMO they need to start with a default load of 100K.  And have a setup which enables them to easily change this down to 35K - possibly even as low as 20K.

How many MM phono stages offer that (without 'T' connectors)?  :)

Andy

7 hours ago, andyr said:

True, H - I'm well aware that wood-bodied Grados prefer ~35K over 47K.  But if they're really serious about correct loading for an MM, H, IMO they need to start with a default load of 100K.  And have a setup which enables them to easily change this down to 35K - possibly even as low as 20K.

How many MM phono stages offer that (without 'T' connectors)?  :)

Andy

See I told you lol