What in Analogue Have You Bought Today?

19 hours ago, guru said:

Flip it over and it's just plain silver. I tried to convince Les to make a plain black one but no go so far. I also have been chopping up the small equipment feet to use under tonearm boards as a constrained layer to great effect.

I must have bought an early prototype- mine is much plainer. 

3DB34A46-1B31-42C0-9699-233CCA58E673.jpeg

• Like 1

Just got David Bowie's Blackstar,  Goldfrapp's felt mountain, Coldplay's  A rush of blood to the head and Blue Velvet ost LP version from amazon australia for buy one get one free. It was a great deal:)

• Like 2

Can't agree more, best work ever and makes him an incredible legend. But I believe that it is thinking about the life and death at the edge of Bowie's life that gives Blackstar great depth.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Hazzzy said:

Blackstar is the best Bowie album ever(dare I say).

Shame he was dying at the time it was made.

Couldn't agree more, Lazarus being my favourite track, such dark melancholic song yet with very powerful and punchy bass. 

1 hour ago, Naim man said:

Just bought a Project 1xperience carbon classic no cart, I will fit my Ortofon 2m black on it.

A 1Xpression or a 2Xperience? Can't find a 1Xperience.....either way, nice kit!?

Is it this......a 1Xpression?

Image result for pro-ject 1 xperience turntable

Or this........a 2Xperience?

Image result for pro-ject 2 xperience turntable

Edited by stevoz

I have just had a reply from needlestein in the US who is repairing my Grace Level II BR/MR stylus, which looked like this:

1299135389_GraceLevelIIBR-MRUSBm-scopepicofcarttipdamage.jpg.32cc48ec4b57fa010f911186443ef501.jpg

He has inspected the diamond and says it looks fantastic and has successfully epoxyed the diamond back into position with correct azimuth. He has now test played it on his system and here is his report (and I'm very excited!):

"Congratulations!  I am happy to report 100% success.  It tracks flawlessly at 1g.  Sounds very smooth—up there with the best I've heard.  Reminiscent of the Stanton 681-EEE IIS in smoothness, yet detailed.  Extremely quiet in the groove.  Can hold its own against anything."

Now that is the sort of appraisal that one is seeking after a repair job such as this........??

Here is a pic of it 'grooving'.....?
1414159236_GraceLevelIIBR-MRafterrepair.thumb.jpeg.3f964f8036f9702e6f24aaca9485bccb.jpeg

Will be on it's way back to me soon.....:frantics::hyper:

Edited by stevoz
  • Like 5

13 minutes ago, unclekanus said:

Picked up this random batch of vinyl beauties from the importcds-au bargain bin today. Pretty happy with this lot.

All up $81 delivered?........plus GST?

importcds-au are great. I buy a LOT of stuff from them. The GST component is extremely annoying as, due to the fact that you'll still never get them that cheap here in Oz, the GST change is going to do absolutely nothing for local retailers, just line the governments pockets......a pointless cash grab at best.

Edited by stevoz

49 minutes ago, stevoz said:

Just got another (cheap) CD for car use.....:)

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/KAYAAOSwndZaUF1P/s-l640.jpg

OOps, off topic for vinyl and turntables, but I picked up 88 CDs, mostly Euro pressings, for $1.00 the other day. Over 85% would be mint condition too.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, bob_m_54 said:

OOps, off topic for vinyl and turntables, but I picked up 88 CDs, mostly Euro pressings, for $1.00 the other day. Over 85% would be mint condition too.

True.....and I started this 'analogue only' thread!? Oops indeed! Oh well.....great score btw.?

Edited by stevoz
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, stevoz said:

I have just had a reply from needlestein in the US who is repairing my Grace Level II BR/MR stylus, which looked like this:

1299135389_GraceLevelIIBR-MRUSBm-scopepicofcarttipdamage.jpg.32cc48ec4b57fa010f911186443ef501.jpg

He has inspected the diamond and says it looks fantastic and has successfully epoxyed the diamond back into position with correct azimuth. He has now test played it on his system and here is his report (and I'm very excited!):

"Congratulations!  I am happy to report 100% success.  It tracks flawlessly at 1g.  Sounds very smooth—up there with the best I've heard.  Reminiscent of the Stanton 681-EEE IIS in smoothness, yet detailed.  Extremely quiet in the groove.  Can hold its own against anything."

Now that is the sort of appraisal that one is seeking after a repair job such as this........??

1414159236_GraceLevelIIBR-MRafterrepair.thumb.jpeg.3f964f8036f9702e6f24aaca9485bccb.jpeg

Fantastic Steve. Cant wait till you get it and express your opinions.:thumb:

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Citroen said:

Can you change the title to What ANALOGUE have you bought today? to scare off the digitalis alumni? ;)

Done! Changed it to 'What in Analogue' etc. AK tag removed as well....I got banned from AK a while back so they can get stuffed!?

If anyone is wondering why they banned me......I made a 'way too general' comment about Americans in the 'heat of the moment' after they voted Trump into office.....they didn't take it too kindly.?

Edited by stevoz
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, stevoz said:

Done! AK tag removed as well....I got banned from AK a while back so they can get stuffed!?

If anyone is wondering why they banned me......I made a 'way too general' comment about Americans after they voted Trump into office.....they didn't take it too kindly.?

Your becoming an angry old man like me.?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, stevoz said:

I picked up a Grace F-8F a while back, with a knackered stylus, before I realised how difficult it was to obtain a new one. The problem is, the whole cantilever is missing from the stylus, so it sits here in my draw. The cartridge is in very clean condition too, so it's a bit of a shame.

f8f.jpg.06e91f2ba0dfba7a170619b040280519.jpg

@bob_m_54 Genuine Grace F8 replacement styli turn up on ebay every now and then.....you just have to keep checking regularly. I scored a little used one fairly cheaply a while back for my F8C and recently saw a set of three lightly used in their original Grace container (E, C and Ruby) go up for auction on the 'bay recently. They went for $780 or thereabouts though!? 
294111852_GraceF8stylussetRubyEandC.thumb.jpg.abb578214c80b5089cf8eb982c364ec6.jpg

Keep looking....they're out there and it's worth it to experience/enjoy the Grace sound.?

Apparently the replacement Shure VN35HE fits the F8 body with a little modification.....and by all accounts the Jico Neo/SAS version sounds incredible on the F8. @MattyW has done this and says it's stunning.?

You can always get it rebuilt by Garrott's or other with whatever cantilever/stylus profile you want.....again not too cheap.?

Edited by stevoz
  • Like 1