What in Analogue Have You Bought Today?

Yes, they're pretty flat, the circle is very centered and they work just as well as my other more expensive and larger (hence more accurate) bubble level.

I like their small discrete size, so they can be placed on parts of the tonearm that my larger one won't accommodate.

8 minutes ago, Citroen said:

Yes, they're pretty flat, the circle is very centered and they work just as well as my other more expensive and larger (hence more accurate) bubble level.

I like their small discrete size, so they can be placed on parts of the tonearm that my larger one won't accommodate.

Put some reference points on them 12 & 6 and 9 & 3, set the bubble perfect for 12 o'clock then rotate 90 deg to 3 o'clock, check, rotate, check, rotate, check, if the bubble is perfect on all four settings you have a keeper 

17 hours ago, pcking said:

'It better be good ! ' ( the wife )

BER00092.png

The original is pretty damn good. The bass on 'Guns in the Sky' is phenomenal!! This one should be stunning......you're wife has a point!:P Having said that, I have the half speed version of Peter Gabriel's 'So' and it is fantastic.....:thumb:

Edited by stevoz
  • Like 1

Interpol: Turn on the Bright Lights (are Matador OK at production, haven't had great success with some US pressings)

Cat Power: The Greatest (my favorite female singer, haunting!)

Primal Scream: If they move....Kill em (My Bloody valentine/Kevin Shields) 7" - accidentally purchased it thinking it was the 12".

This will be a nice little listening session on Saturday!!!!

IMG_0857.jpg

• Like 2

Interpol: Turn on the Bright Lights (are Matador OK at production, haven't had great success with some US pressings)
Cat Power: The Greatest (my favorite female singer, haunting!)
Primal Scream: If they move....Kill em (My Bloody valentine/Kevin Shields) 7" - accidentally purchased it thinking it was the 12".

This will be a nice little listening session on Saturday!!!!
IMG_0857.thumb.jpg.ce1acf26465dd0a8360e3ba9c048db57.jpg

Turn On the Bright Lights is possibly my most listened to vinyl. The album changed for me after hearing it on that medium.
  • Like 2

On 11/17/2017 at 12:05 AM, ryzza22 said:

Turn On the Bright Lights is possibly my most listened to vinyl. The album changed for me after hearing it on that medium.

Listened to it last night and pleased with the sound quality. I have the self titled, El Pinto and have ordered Our Love To Admire last week. Will probably wait for Antics to be reissued at some point - can’t locate any decently priced now it’s out of print.

the piercing guitars on Bright lights were fantastic on a proper system (instead of the computer)

Edited by The Spider
  • Like 1

Just purchased on ebay (Oz 1st pressing):5a0e8bb08dc5f_OMDsItllShineWhenItShinescover.jpg.cd9fcba9dd486e33a94e55b396a543ee.jpg and from the post office this afternoon, one of these little buggers, currently being discussed here:  

Very cheap cost and seemingly quite well made (in China of course) from what I can see, except maybe the velour pads that aren't entirely flat and have a couple of small areas where ?glue has permeated through and may not be soft enough for vinyl contact......may have to cover these with a better velour.

• Like 1

Radiohead: King of Limbs - this will be my first listen to this album....also means I've completed my vinyl collection (OK computer through to Moon shaped pool)

Interpol: Our Love to Admire: very nice edition....now only Antics to get!

Primal Scream: XTRMNTR: Got to these guys through the Chemical Brothers remix of Swatstika Eyes. Great album....any Scream fans out there? Is Evil heat in the same industrial/electronica theme?

IMG_0901.jpg

Edited by The Spider
  • Like 1

On 17/11/2017 at 6:19 PM, stevoz said:

Just purchased on ebay (Oz 1st pressing):5a0e8bb08dc5f_OMDsItllShineWhenItShinescover.jpg.cd9fcba9dd486e33a94e55b396a543ee.jpg and from the post office this afternoon, one of these little buggers, currently being discussed here:  

Very cheap cost and seemingly quite well made (in China of course) from what I can see, except maybe the velour pads that aren't entirely flat and have a couple of small areas where ?glue has permeated through and may not be soft enough for vinyl contact......may have to cover these with a better velour.

Scratchy 'brushes ' ?

Brilliant !

How do they manage so many 'upgrades'  ?

BTW. Thanks for the review. 

• Like 1