What in Analogue Have You Bought Today?

There are a few product specific threads on SN, but I thought it would be nice to start a thread devoted to any purchases to do with analogue. Anything! AK have a similar thread, and I have even nicked their title as it really can't be called anything else! Post on anything that you have bought either to improve your systems sound or just purely because you wanted it:P, and of course LP's. It could be the most expensive TT on earth, a set of headshell screws or anything in between! Anything you want to share that isn't relevant to a specific thread (and of course you can still report the same purchase on the relevant threads!). I'll kick it off with some recent LP purchases (admittedly, not exactly today? *The Psychedelic Furs (self titled), *Eurythmics-1984, *The Psychedelic Furs-Forever Now, *Joe Walsh-The Smoker you Drink, The Player You Get, **Kansas-The Prelude Implicit (new release!), **Kansas-Bryn Mawr (live FM broadcast), **Wishbone Ash-The Very Best Of Live( in Geneva) and **Simple Minds-Big Music.   ..NB: * denotes used, ** denotes new. My most recent equipment purchase was an ADC XLM ll cart. :thumb:Over to you.......share with all, your latest and proud analogue purchases....and remember, anything and everything, new or used, big or small!;)

Edited by stevoz
  • Like 1

This on vinyl. Had heard some of his stuff and like it. Mikey Fremer's recommendation (which I tend to trust, music wise) will have it "out of stock" in no time. A$39 shipped from importcds-au on Ebay.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSGoedcVcbzDJgFCKf6jGz

http://www.analogplanet.com/content/heigh-ho—blake-mills-goes-work#J0vbZ0rXHyMqkIkr.97

Edited by enikoy
  • Like 1

I managed to find coupla LPs that's been a bit hard to find... Blodwyn Pig's "Ahead Rings Out" and David Lindley's "El Rayo X". Hope they make it safely across the great Ocean and to my door!

Had them on cassette long ago, so looking forward to getting reacquainted.

• Like 1

with fond recollection of an excellent conversation with @65eclipse at the weekend, covering great female voices among other things -  A Dionne Warwick compilationA Shirley Bassey compilation. Feck I hate the lack of control over formatting of my posts on SNA 2. Give me WYSIWYG paragraphs!

Edited by ThirdDrawerDown
Old Dutch language was asterisked
  • Like 2

Did a massive Osmose Productions mail order yesterday after shifting a network tuner and having money sitting in my Paypal.

Enslaved, Immortal, Solstafir, Einherjer, Finntroll.  So lots of nice new metal vinyl. Although the Enslaved & Immortal is repurchasing some classics on vinyl.

Also did my first dicogs order last week for some Ghost and Ensiferum.

Probably a weekend's solid listening when all 11 albums come in :D

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, altorus_ said:

Did a massive Osmose Productions mail order yesterday after shifting a network tuner and having money sitting in my Paypal.

Enslaved, Immortal, Solstafir, Einherjer, Finntroll.  So lots of nice new metal vinyl. Although the Enslaved & Immortal is repurchasing some classics on vinyl.

Also did my first dicogs order last week for some Ghost and Ensiferum.

Probably a weekend's solid listening when all 11 albums come in :D

11 albums.....that's some heavy metal!:P

• Like 2

Got a copy of Sinatra At The Sands on vinyl from Amazon.

UMe re-issue, pressed in the Netherlands.

It sounds a bit blah -  digital, not as good as the same album on DVD-A.

One disc is fine, one is noisy.

Replacement time !

:D

• Like 1

Just sold my 5th DIY Tripath T4 amp and you would think I have had enough of Class D amps. Made 7 Ckass Ds in total. Well apparently not. I saw the Mola Mola a challenge so last night ordered a couple of these for my own Mola Mola.

http://hifimediy.com/amplifiers/T3-mono

Edited by mwhouston

Arrived today, an excellent copy of Jeannie Lewis "Free Fall Through Featherless Flight" (1973). Try saying that quickly three times in a row!:P A beautiful album by an immensely talented Aussie singer, one of the most commercially unrewarded, that's for sure. Just check out 'Gary's Song' and 'Do Not Go Gentle'. Great stuff!

• Like 2

On 01/10/2016 at 7:01 AM, Newman said:

Wish it was a gear thread. 

It is.....it's an everything analogue thread! Quoted from the OP, " anything and everything, new or used, big or small!;)"

Edited by stevoz
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, stevoz said:

Arrived today, an excellent copy of Jeannie Lewis "Free Fall Through Featherless Flight" (1973). Try saying that quickly three times in a row!:P A beautiful album by an immensely talented Aussie singer, one of the most commercially unrewarded, that's for sure. Just check out 'Gary's Song' and 'Do Not Go Gentle'. Great stuff!

One of my all time favourite albums.   Absolutely superb

• Like 2
  • Love 1

It is.....it's an everything analogue thread! Quoted from the OP, " anything and everything, new or used, big or small![emoji6]"

Sure... all I meant by wishing it was a gear thread was that LP purchases could dominate, and they tend to turn up in Currently Spinning anyway. No biggie [emoji9]

Sent from my HTC_0P6B using Tapatalk