2017 International HiFi Show Announced

• Administrator

http://www.channelnews.com.au/soundmag-joins-forces-with-stereonet-for-international-hi-fi-show/

SoundMag Joins Forces With StereoNet For International Hi Fi Show

4Square Media, the publisher of SoundMag has joined forces with The Sound Media Group, publishers of StereoNet in the running of the 2017 International HiFi Show which will run from November 3rd - 5th, 2017 in Melbourne.

A major success in 2016, the show will get the full backing of 4Square Media, as well as SmartHouse and ChannelNews, it will also be exposed to millions of JB Hi Fi and Virgin Australia customers who get access to digital versions of SmartHouse and SoundMag.

“Sound, in particular High Res Audio is making a major comeback with both consumers and audiophiles who are now moving to upgrade their listening experience with the advent of new digital sound technology” said 4SQM CEO David Richards.

“The International Hi Fi Show which was praised by vendors who attended last year’s show, will showcase not only the latest in two channel sound gear vinyl and turntables, but new networked and digital content systems, from vendors who are now benefiting from new audio chipsets, new network capabilities and sound enthusiasts who are stepping up to a new level of high res audio capability” said Richards.

1440135677799.jpg

“The audience that the International Hi Fi Show attracts is the same audience that is investing in premium 4K TV’s, top end speakers and amplifiers and are the same people who are buying premium top end headphones and have gone back to buying record players. This is the also same audience that both SmartHouse and SoundMag attracts.

The show which was developed by Marc Rushton the man behind the highly successful Hi Fi web site StereoNet, will be held at the Pullman Mercure Hotel in Albert Park, Melbourne In 2017.

A key element of holding the show in a location like the Pullman is that exhibitors get their own rooms to set up their gear and showcase their offering to visitors said Rushton.

HighEndExhibitioninMunich.jpg

The 2017 show will consist of two levels plus the lobby, boasting over 60 exhibition spaces and over 150 world?leading brands are set to be on show.

Rushton said: “The International HiFi Show smashed all expectations in Melbourne 2016 with many exhibitors and attendees declaring it the best HiFi show in Australia, ever. Melbourne is the HiFi capital of Australia and so makes sense to make it the home of the International HiFi Show’s Australian event.” he added.

The Pullman Mercure Hotel, is centrally located in Melbourne, overlooking the home of Australian motor racing, Albert Park Lake. Just minutes from the CBD and within easy reach of Melbourne International Airport, it was selected for its ease of access, car parking and public transport” said Rushton.

The 2017 show will be promoted across all of 4Square Media’s titles, on Billboards via a major PR push and on radio.

“The combining of SteroNET resources with those of 4Square Media allows us to reach large audiences that other Hi Fi Show exhibitors simply cannot deliver. 2017 will also see new digital publications developed by the two media groups” said Richards.

For more information, visit www.hifishow.com.au

• Like 5

Hmmm, two shows and one involving a road trip in the same month... Time to start dropping the hints and doing some housework....:thumb:

Edited by Hensa

59 minutes ago, Metamatic said:

Obviously targeting all the vinyl music lovers and audiophiles by presenting analog as the Past and the present as high res sound.    LOL

What a joke :D

1440135677799.jpg

But have you not heard the news, Metamatic? The party's over:

http://www.digitalmusicnews.com/2016/09/20/vinyl-records-drop-9-us-2016/

:sorry:

Edited by New Sensations

5 minutes ago, New Sensations said:

Can't leave, Shane. My vinyl collection has me anchored to Australia like a shipwreck to the ocean floor.

I would take em off your hands, but I have 90% of them :P

I think people have finally realised that most vinyl reissues sound worse than the original pressings and have stopped buying them. The majors do themselves no favours trying to make a quick buck.

Plenty of indie, dance, alternative, drum n bass, electronic music still being released on vinyl thou to keep us happy.

Edited by Metamatic
  • Like 1

I would take em off your hands, but I have 90% of them [emoji14]

I think people have finally realised that most vinyl reissues sound worse than the original pressings and have stopped buying them. The majors do themselves no favours trying to make a quick buck.

Plenty of indie, dance, alternative, drum n bass, electronic music still being released on vinyl thou to keep us happy.

I think it's only audiophiles who get into pressing quality differentials whereas the broader sales increases of the last 10 years have largely been effected by the mass market. The mass market care not for - or know of - first stampers and pink triangles. They buy picture discs ferchrissakes. Which is fine. Just a different market.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
21 hours ago, Benje said:

If any of the Adelaide crew are planning on going and want some accommodation, please let me know. 

@Kensell and @Elcamry have stayed nearby and found it a good location.

Benje

Looks like I will be going.Last stayed on Saint Kilda rd in a B/B for $29 per night.What are you offering??

Stump

https://www.airbnb.com.au/rooms/9931974