nzlowie

Raspberry Pi + Hifiberry DAC+!!!!!

2 minutes ago, Jventer said:

I knew you would find it!

(Lots of info over at Computeraudiophile. I am stuck in spdif land and very happy with their Digione.)

Can’t find anywhere in Australia that sells it though.:(

Can’t find anywhere in Australia that sells it though.

I thought I saw one at alltronics ?

On 09/09/2017 at 9:00 AM, Jventer said:

Ordered my Pi last night. Very excited. Ordered from Allo.com with a Digione and Volumio. Also ordered MoOde

Just becareful.with the volumio version installed on the sd card provided by Allo. They gave me an older version that didnt have the right drivers for the digione to work so i had to download and reintall a new image

1 hour ago, katattack74 said:

Just becareful.with the volumio version installed on the sd card provided by Allo. They gave me an older version that didnt have the right drivers for the digione to work so i had to download and reintall a new image

Thanks

It took me a while to figure out, but I was good, Have the right version. Got it working on HT system.

Have not tried MoOde yet.

My touch screen has died, so now I have the Pi and HiFiBerry Dac as a blank canvas, recommendations please guys.

Edited by Batty

I don't consider $99 for Allo a lot to pay. It is (as I understand) a good step up from the Pi Digi HATs. I don't need one but if I did I would be going for this. When you think how cheap a Pi system is, even if you add a linear PS which is recommended, a few extra bucks is money spent well. Three guys I have introduced Pis to are all incredibly pleased with the system.

On 10/27/2017 at 4:43 PM, bob_m_54 said:

MoOde

Does anyone know how to create an image of MoOde v4.0 (latest) to be loaded on an SD card for the Pi?

Been running the DigiOne card on a Rpi3 + 5v battery supply with MoOde OS, just simply sublime for the last 3 months.  Couple with the Ares dac, it fits the bill..

I'm on Moode to. I'm not interested in 4 if its not an image. 3? Is fine for me. 

9 hours ago, mwhouston said:

I'm on Moode to. I'm not interested in 4 if its not an image. 3? Is fine for me. 

It takes a bit of fuffing around on linux to load and edit files, something i dont have time for.

I ran large computer networks for an accounting firm for 20 years and wrote a lot of programs in DB languages and the old QB. My first Linux PC had a customised kernel I cut from scratch.

When I got into Pis, Rune, Volumio and now Moode I swore no hacks or config file edits. No mouse, keyboard or screen. Of it can't be done through the user menu system via my browser, then it won't be done. 

If 4 doesn't  come as an image or there is no super simple way to load onto my Pis, then I'll be on Moode 3.XX until something better and easier comes along. 

I do do love my Pis and find it hard to listen though anything else. But I'm over hacks, or programming of any kind. 

8 hours ago, mwhouston said:

If 4 doesn't  come as an image or there is no super simple way to load onto my Pis, then I'll be on Moode 3.XX until something better and easier comes along. 

I do do love my Pis and find it hard to listen though anything else. But I'm over hacks, or programming of any kind. 

Ditto.  I was happy to pay for MoOde v3.xx  and will continue to do so.  If MoOde continues on this path, i'll just swap back to Volumio if needed, but i'd prefer not too.