Another Hi Fi shop to close?

Yeh I agree that the level of service in Hi-Fi shops is generally shabby (I'm in brisbane)
I went to one last week and decided I wanted to buy something (was thinking a lp as they have some in stock), just so I can support a store that sells stuff I'm interested in.
Well I wasn't even acknowledged so I didn't buy anything.

Makes me want to open a shop myself

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On 01/01/2017 at 5:58 PM, Paul56 said:

Earlier this year I purchased a Primaluna Dialogue Premium Preamplfier from Trevor . "Take it home for a month and bring it back if you are not happy " . No one can complain about that level of service .

I bought one as well 2 years ago! LOL! We should have a 'We bought bargain PrimaLuna Apps off Trevor Lees club'!.. I had a weird intermittent problem with mine where the Volume pot would'nt respond to the remote, I took it to to Encel who checked it out and didn't find a problem, in the end Herman VanDen Dungeon offered to fix it LOL! I also got my Opp BDP off him. I'm a bit bummed he's gone down the toilet I was ready to get a Ken Bruce-has-gone-mad bargain for one of those new fandangled UDP Oppo players..!!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Since the death of his parents who have always owned the properties he pretended was his, he inherited the premisise(multiple his folk were rich & carried him all his life, he lived with with his parents till over 60) therefore never needed to make a living. Good know what crap he's telling people now. Ive know him more than 40 years and worked with him to try to make his "business" profitable. Couldn't be done.

On 10 January 2017 at 10:49 AM, Kazz said:

Try being a woman and walking into some hifi stores, you either get totally ignored or spoken to in completely condescending, patronizing tones.

As Al said at least in Melbourne there are enough good b&m stores that I don't have to ever go into the other ones again, I have a couple of go to stores because I'm well looked after and not treated as a second class citizen, and they'll continue to get my money.  :)

Aargh this does. My ****** head in -I've seen this in cars and motorcycles sales industry and I can (sort of) feel your pain. Frustrating and stupid , mind you I've had a Honda salesman ask when I was going to get a real bike when I had a Kawasaki. 

Here in perth , hifi shops can't afford to be too "awkward".  The 2 shops here that had "personalities" as owners have long gone. I often pop into fav shops , say hello to salespeople and kick tyres. Quite often kick tyres has turned into buy something. 

2 hours ago, magical said:

Since the death of his parents who have always owned the properties he pretended was his, he inherited the premisise(multiple his folk were rich & carried him all his life, he lived with with his parents till over 60) therefore never needed to make a living. Good know what crap he's telling people now. Ive know him more than 40 years and worked with him to try to make his "business" profitable. Couldn't be done.

Always came across as "an indulged child."

1 hour ago, cafe67 said:

Here in perth , hifi shops can't afford to be too "awkward".  The 2 shops here that had "personalities" as owners have long gone. I often pop into fav shops , say hello to salespeople and kick tyres. Quite often kick tyres has turned into buy something. 

One shop was in Hay St, Subiaco ... and the other shop was on Stirling Highway, Claremont? :)

1 minute ago, Keith_W said:

One shop was in Hay St, Subiaco ... and the other shop was on Stirling Highway, Claremont? :)

Correct , tho actually both business still operate now out of their respective homes. One still selling stuff and the other making stuff. 

On 28/01/2017 at 10:16 PM, Rob JC said:

Yeh I agree that the level of service in Hi-Fi shops is generally shabby (I'm in brisbane)
I went to one last week and decided I wanted to buy something (was thinking a lp as they have some in stock), just so I can support a store that sells stuff I'm interested in.
Well I wasn't even acknowledged so I didn't buy anything.

Makes me want to open a shop myself

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There is one in Brisbane where I will never go again.  He defines the term 'cranky old bastard' for me.  

• Volunteer
39 minutes ago, Herbyj said:
Trevor Lees Audio
3.37 Google reviews

Audio visual equipment supplier in Hawthorn, Victoria

Address: 672 Glenferrie Rd, Hawthorn VIC 3122
Hours: 
Open ⋅ Closes 5PM

Phone: 0400 307 489

Website has a different address

Our show room is located at:
10 Cotham Rd
Kew, Victoria, 3101
Ph: 9853 2522

I need to know which one is correct so I know where to avoid going :ohmy:
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, bronal said:

Give the guy a break!  He must be about 70 now.  How many of you want to be working at that age?

I'd say early 60's actually. But I plan to work until I can no more, at least part time.

• Like 1

What a strange world, I hadn't heard the name Trevor Lees in probably 20 years since I last bought hifi gear off him till I saw this thread get bumped recently and suddenly Trevor also posts on one of the facebook pages I follow.

On 23/03/2018 at 2:01 PM, bronal said:

Give the guy a break!  He must be about 70 now.  How many of you want to be working at that age?

I'm pushing 60 and seriously considering a diploma for a change in "careers".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, t_mike said:

I'm pushing 60 and seriously considering a diploma for a change in "careers".

I'm mid 60's. Hopefully next week I start volunteer work with dementia patients. 6-10 hours a week. 

1 minute ago, Wimbo said:

I'm mid 60's. Hopefully next week I start volunteer work with dementia patients. 6-10 hours a week. 

You’ve worked in the HiFi industry, you’re half way qualified.