House of the Rising Gimlet

So it was time for a revamp due to the arrival of new babies from Meridian which are now in place. I'm awaiting my new rack from the @Bear72 skunkworks, and the SGR sub will shortly be off on a short holiday for some servicing.

20160909_155735.jpg

Equipment in the photo are three Meridian speakers, DSP8000.2 left and right and a DSP5200 centre. In the equipment in the centre are a PSAudio PS5 and an Oppo 103D on the left, and my Meridian 861 prepro and its HDMI stripper on the right with a temporary NUC perched on top. Subwoofer is a rare SGR model. For those interested in such things, the large speakers have Audio Principe signature power cables, which you can see snaking across the floor to the left. The rack will put all the electronics in a single stack with appropriate isolation, and raise the centre channel up to just below the screen level.

More photos to follow once the rack is here and I tidy up the cabling.

Edited by Mr_Gimlet
  • Like 11

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

4 minutes ago, :) al said:

am sure the telly can move a few slots up on its mount to accommodate ?

Hoping so. I need a really, really long screwdriver to unlock the locking bolt. Unfortunately my tradie didn't have one when he helped me put the (64kg) speaker in place. I would like the speaker a bit lower for aesthetic reasons but need to see if the rack will work elsewhere