Sign in to follow this  
betty boop

Sony PS4 PRO

http://www.trustedreviews.com/opinions/ps4-5-ps4k-playstation-neo-news-rumours-price-release-date-games-psvr

some info...though biggest dud that appears no uhd blu-ray drive... have sony completely lost the plot ? microsoft seem to have managed even before them to fit one in their machine ?

1 hour ago, :) al said:

http://www.trustedreviews.com/opinions/ps4-5-ps4k-playstation-neo-news-rumours-price-release-date-games-psvr

some info...though biggest dud that appears no uhd blu-ray drive... have sony completely lost the plot ? microsoft seem to have managed even before them to fit one in their machine ?

WTF were they thinking....no UHD bluray capability.....failed for me and yes they have lost the plot...

From Sony Website:

"PS4 Pro does not support 4K Blu-ray Discs. PS4 Pro provides auto upscaling for standard Blu-ray Discs"

The BS is that Sony 'Found' that their customers preferred to download 4k content....where from was not given,.,,,, the fact that 4k content is HUGE and would fill a new 1 TB PS4 pro in no time flat, obviously didn't occur to the MUPPETT's that run Sony's PR.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2016/09/08/sony-reveals-why-ps4-pro-4k-video-doesnt-play-blu-ray-discs-feature-cant-be-added-in-a-system-update/

The Obvious reason for NO 4K playback via PS4 Pro is..... nobody want's it.

Sony knows it.....the ONLY reason for the PS4 PRO IS...... the Sony VR,  WILL NOT RUN WITHOUT the needed upgrade !

Edited by Tweaky

Sony continue to marginalise themselves....

never mind ....those chasing the very best audio and picture will continue to buy discs and other brand players and other brand display units while Sony make up their mind otherwise :D

My Daughter kept hassling me, she reckons it's part of her studies @  RMIT  for games designed.....yeah right!  

So, I had to returned some blurays that mt son got me a Xmas pressey, 3 blurays in total.  So I had an idea, what if I returned these for a PS4 Pro because I can borrow the movies cheap, save $90 on a PS4 Pro and keep my daughter smiling!

IMG_1195.JPG

IMG_1196.JPG

The things dads do for daughters......:unsure:

yeah, I know I'm a complete sucker......

Now we don't tell her mother what it I just did.....