Australian Hifi & AV Show Sydney 2017

Interesting to see that they've moved their time of year...a little competition is always healthy I guess, so hopefully the Chester Group lift their game.  Their Sydney show last year was a failure, so they'd want to do a bloody good job in Melbourne in a few months before I'd even consider Sydney next year - unless it competes in dates with the Stereonet show in Melbourne, that is, then I wouldn't even bother getting on a plane at all!

• 2 weeks later...
On ?3?/?09?/?2016 at 5:19 PM, Stump said:

Count me in for the weekend in Sydney! Unless the SNA Melbourne Show is on the same weekend.;)

Stump

The Sydney event will be far superior to the Melb show. What has Melbourne ever done better than Sydney?....   alright, besides their restaurants, what has Melbourne done ? ....alright besides the long list of world sporting events, what has Melb ever done ??.....alright besides their art galleries, what has Melb got ?...... alright, besides their live music scene, what has Melb got that's better than Sydney ? .........well.......see, I told you, nuttin !

Edited by Nigel
  • Like 6

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/16/2016 at 10:46 AM, Nigel said:

The Sydney event will be far superior to the Melb show. What has Melbourne ever done better than Sydney?....   alright, besides their restaurants, what has Melbourne done ? ....alright besides the long list of world sporting events, what has Melb ever done ??.....alright besides their art galleries, what has Melb got ?...... alright, besides their live music scene, what has Melb got that's better than Sydney ? .........well.......see, I told you, nuttin !

You forgot..alright, besides the SNA International Hifi Show what has Melb got?...alright, besides 2 Hifi Shows in one year, what does Melb have better than Sydney? 

• 3 weeks later...
On 16/09/2016 at 10:46 AM, Nigel said:

I heard the show will be held on Fort Denison.  Everyone will get a row boat as part of the entry price.

• 2 months later...

1 hour ago, Atjan said:

I don't find anything but the 2016 show googling. I suppose that means this is not happening then?

The details are online but anyway, 28th-30th of July at the intercontinental on macquarie street along with exhibitors and brands.

It's good for us to have a home based show this year as it allows for the costs to be minimised over the consecutive years. Going to Melbourne always costs around $10k and a home based show around $6k.  Last year's 2 shows in Melbourne were a stretch to say the least but the sales from the second show made the effort worthwhile. Sydney should be interesting as its been 4 years between proper shows here. It will be interesting to see how many Melbourne based companies travel up to exhibit as I think every sydney based company will and maybe with the second show in November, maybe they will simply choose to stay local.