DALI Demonstration LP (Volume 4) Giveaway

• Administrator

DALI-Promo1.jpg

As part of the current DALI Promotion in addition to the CD giveaway, StereoNET has obtained a few copies of the sought-after DALI Demonstration LP. We're offering them up to creative StereoNET members!

See the details of the promotion here, and here.

Then follow the instructions to add your entry below. Winners will be decided by StereoNET Mods and Admin by September 30th as to the most creative entry. Keep it clean and family friendly please! The winners will be announced in this thread :) (open only to Australian residents).

DALILP.jpg

I'd love a copy....

many many years ago I got a dali demo cd, it was incredibly well recorded and with some great music on it. Would love to be able to get one of their releases on LP. I am sure it will be something pretty special ! 

• Like 1

I would love to finally own a Dali Demonstratoin LP

Never owned a demo LP of any kind 

In the past I have owned tape demos but never an LP 

My Garrard 401, whispered to me just now saying that it would also be pleased to have a spin noting it had 3 cartridges to try as well 

My fingers are double crossed 

• Like 1

Move over @betty boop et al, I need the Dali LP to coerce my wife to spend more time listening to vinyl with me.

An eclectic variety of artists superbly recorded, will make a nice change of being verbally berated with

"how many Tom Waits albums do you own? Can't we listen to something else?"

So, give me an eclictic Dali vinyl album, and help give my poor wife a break from Tom!

• Like 1

I need this LP because it has got one of my all time favourite "go to" demo songs on it, which I'm pretty sure I also put up for the HiFi Show playlist. Would love to have a beautifully mastered and pressed vinyl version. @betty boop went out and bought the album after hearing this track in my Home theatre a few years ago

• Like 1

I was thinking about how much I'd like to win one of these DALI Demonstration LPs when I stumbled across an old crossword puzzle I had done. Fate perhaps?

3271aaa53b5e1d5f278a5a001786819a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes please!! Because I said please? No seriously, this would be perfect to check my set up and make tweaks to get closer to what all of us are after......vinyl nirvana! Did I mention I said please? Cheers...

Edited by stevoz

I have lived on the ground, under the ground and in trees. I have spoken with Elvis, Brahms and Nelson Mandela. I have built model suspension bridges for charity, umpired airship races and seen battles to the death. In my spare time I give manicures to dugongs and paint pictures of vegetables playing poker. I have also run naked through 12 shopping centres and swum the entire length of the Birdsville track. But, in all this, I've never owned a Dali LP. Please make my life complete....

• Like 2

• Administrator
I was thinking about how much I'd like to win one of these DALI Demonstration LPs when I stumbled across an old crossword puzzle I had done. Fate perhaps?

Well I'm certainly impressed!

I'll eat your underspiced salami.

NB: Marc and his family make salami from a Balkan background perspective. I'm not chasing Marc's salami if you follow me but I'll eat his familie's salami if I can claim a copy of the album and always look him and his wife and sister straight in the face and say I enjoyed it immensely the smallish salmi I grabbed one year from his hands.

Actually I spread his salami on two homemade pizzas when I got home and called them Bose 1+2 and proceeded to burn them.

Scrumptious!

5 hours ago, Full Range said:

I would love to finally own a Dali Demonstratoin LP

Never owned a demo LP of any kind 

In the past I have owned tape demos but never an LP 

My Garrard 401, whispered to me just now saying that it would also be pleased to have a spin noting it had 3 cartridges to try as well 

My fingers are double crossed 

I did not want to bring out the BIG GUNS 

However my Garrard 401 was talking to " my actual and real " Salvador Dali painting hanging on my wall 

As its a self portrait called "Dali Dreams ( King of Coins ) 

Dali answered back to Garrard 401 saying that he would be honored to listen to some beautiful music from his name sake and to wake him from his slumber 

This is my prized Dali piece ( Limited Edition - Sighed and numbered ) 

image.jpeg

Edited by Full Range

I'd like to win this LP

I'd jump and say yippie

but chances are slim,

such a faint whim,

but I'd be happy with a CD

My turntable wont like it

It will probably pike it

The holes to big

will run like a pig

but for analogue I'll try it

Little shiny disc wish you were black

with a label and grooves on your back

common you'd be hardly

especially from Dali

you'd never see the sack

I like tall speakers

I like small speakers

demo lp from Dali

heard from here to Bali

would take some Dali speakers

Penned this prose doing I've been

Trying not to make a scene

But a Dali demo LP

would be much better than a CD

And would be fit for a queen

And a queen I'd be

for this fantastical LP

chances are slim

for me to win

Again, I'd be happy with a CD

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Hensa said:

this has to win surely (or is that Shurely)

On 9/1/2016 at 4:49 PM, Marc said:

open only to Australian residents.

I'm in Noo Zeeeyland, so am ruled out of winning this lp. 

That's just damn rascist!

So I've made  a complaint to the Australian Human Rights Commisioner https://www.humanrights.gov.au/complaints/make-complaint

Give me this lp and I'll withdraw my complaint! :) 

(Oh, and I'll also promise not to activate that malware virus I uploaded yesterday). 

• Like 1