Darren69

SBS On Demand-currently watching

8 minutes ago, Muon N' said:

I subscribed to On Demand earlier today, and now just emailed them to remove that subscription.

The number of scripts and cross scripting on any page to view anything is crazy! And i rather not compromise browser security to that level.

Not sure what you're referring to.  All I ever get is a dialog box telling me the login has been improved, or sometimes a box asking if I really want to exit.

@bronal  Scripts run behind the scenes, they are only visible if you look deeper or you have a script blocker add-on that shows them.

Anyway, these things don't concern 99% or people on the internet, I'm just pedantic regarding security and privacy.

Edited by Muon N'
Typo

1 hour ago, Muon N' said:

I subscribed to On Demand earlier today, and now just emailed them to remove that subscription.

The number of scripts and cross scripting on any page to view anything is crazy! And i rather not compromise browser security to that level.

Yes, I tried to watch something on Ten's on demand last week and the same thing happened. I think Ghostery got up to 45 different scripts, and 3 were categorised as dangerous. I gave up and downloaded from i-tunes. I emailed 10's privacy concerns address but of course I don't expect a response. Most of it is Google's usual data mining, but there were some other creepies in there. I'm glad I'm not the only paranoid one out there.

I just have a PVR with it all 'loaded' so am not sure what is happening with you guys.

Series 2 of Jordskott is bonkers!

Witchcraft, parasites, zombies, non-humans, elemental powers, secret organisatons!

I find Series 2 to be quicker off the mark, whereas Series 1 took some time to get going.

On ‎18‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 2:31 PM, bronal said:

Series 2 of Jordskott is bonkers!

Witchcraft, parasites, zombies, non-humans, elemental powers, secret organisatons!

I find Series 2 to be quicker off the mark, whereas Series 1 took some time to get going.

Just finished it and bloody loved it, ready for Series 3!!! One of my all time fave SBS On Demand series.

I love how dark it is.

Got any darker??

1 hour ago, Darren69 said:

Just finished it and bloody loved it, ready for Series 3!!! One of my all time fave SBS On Demand series.

I love how dark it is.

Got any darker??

I think we'll have to wait a while.  Series 2 has only just finished screening.

BTW I thought the final episode was a bit muddled.  Almost as if they had to tie up the loose ends in a hurry.

3 minutes ago, bronal said:

I think we'll have to wait a while.  Series 2 has only just finished screening.

BTW I thought the final episode was a bit muddled.  Almost as if they had to tie up the loose ends in a hurry.

I concur, yes, a lot happened all of a sudden haha, however-

Spoiler

I did like the twist about the kids and Toms daughter etc. Old mate got 'keyed'. I thought that was clever re- how he thought he got his bro back to life, I thought that was just silly until I realised he was losing his mind, very well done.

Just finished watching both series of Berlin Station.  I thought the plot line was well thought through and very topical.  Excellent viewing.

Have been enjoying series one, just completed S1, eps 10. Series2 over the holidays!

Tried a couple of episodes of Chance, haven’t gotte in to it.  

Just watched Ride upon the Storm another first class Danish drama.  Found the first episode struggled slightly but after that it was really good and the last episode - excellent!

The Vietnam War. Another US and French stuff up.

And the Yanks still haven't learnt to keep out of other countries problems.

Over the too hot and humid weather in Melbourne lately, watched the French Series "The Bureau", if you like Le Carre you'll like The Bureau. It is contemporary espionage, the acting is second to none and the story's entwining themes is subtle and well thought out. The second season has been hailed in France as some of the finest French TV ever made. It treats everyone as grown ups and the drama is situated in the grey areas of what is becoming the predominant geography of world politics.

Like Le Carre it is about the game, a closed game, as to whether the world, you and I benefit from the activities of these international agencies is a moot point it seems.

Have a watch.

3 hours ago, allthumbs said:

Over the too hot and humid weather in Melbourne lately, watched the French Series "The Bureau", if you like Le Carre you'll like The Bureau. It is contemporary espionage, the acting is second to none and the story's entwining themes is subtle and well thought out. The second season has been hailed in France as some of the finest French TV ever made. It treats everyone as grown ups and the drama is situated in the grey areas of what is becoming the predominant geography of world politics.

Like Le Carre it is about the game, a closed game, as to whether the world, you and I benefit from the activities of these international agencies is a moot point it seems.

Have a watch.

A superb series, and the best foreign series I have watched now for a couple of years.

This show was mentioned upstream somewhere already. :)