Darren69

SBS On Demand-currently watching

Binge watched series one of Valkyrien on an Emirates flight a few weeks back. I suspected SBS would pick it up!

Also caught five episodes of Taboo (BBC First) very good too! Tom Hardy and a host of Brit character actors in fine form.

Wish it would be would be available free to air. Maybe it will as it was made by the same crew as Peaky Blinders which eventually did.

regards Ian

We enjoyed Valkyrien, it's always slightly amusing the slightly odd storylines that the Nordics come up with but they are so fresh and watchable compared to our western drivel.

Time for a new selection tonight!!

15 minutes ago, Darren69 said:

We enjoyed Valkyrien, it's always slightly amusing the slightly odd storylines that the Nordics come up with but they are so fresh and watchable compared to our western drivel.

Time for a new selection tonight!!

Try "Below The Surface". :thumb:

2 hours ago, soundfan said:

Try "Below The Surface". :thumb:

We were tossing up between that one and Trepalium and the latter won out but that just means we'll watch Below The Surface next. :D

Trepalium was a bit slow to start and almost abandoned it due to that 'I have seen this sort of thing before' feeling but it got interesting maybe halfway through the first show so we'll stick with it.

This one is pretty creepy so far.   Sometimes it's a little frustrating, dwelling on the " what would it be like " or " wouldn't it be bad" when you would prefer more action.

i have not read the book.  Something tells me that there will not be much in the way of resolution.  It all seems a bit too much without hope.

IMG_0001.JPG

Then last night we watched another episode of ‘thicker than water’ (like a Nordic 'Bloodlines', quite enjoyable) and then the first episode of the new season of Fortitude!! Woohoo, love that one. However, might have to go back and watch the last few episodes to refresh my mushy memory.

Binge watched the entire season of Valkyrien on a recent flight back from Europe, hmmm, looks a certain for SBS I thought.

Sure enough!

https://www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/program/valkyrien

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2017/aug/11/valkyrien-this-latest-scandi-noir-success-is-more-like-breaking-bad-than-borgen

another original Nordic noir, highly recommended!

Farang has been enjoyable. Didn't hit the heights of others but still infinitely better than anything other mobs/channels can offer.

On 07/08/2017 at 10:41 PM, Briz Vegas said:

This one is pretty creepy so far.   Sometimes it's a little frustrating, dwelling on the " what would it be like " or " wouldn't it be bad" when you would prefer more action.

i have not read the book.  Something tells me that there will not be much in the way of resolution.  It all seems a bit too much without hope.

IMG_0001.JPG

All too grim for me, recently saw Elisabeth Moss in The Square, much more fun!

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2017/may/19/the-square-review-ruben-ostlund-elisabeth-moss-cannes-2017

A brilliant French spy/political thriller series.

The Bureau.

I have nearly finished Season 1, Season 2 is available with Season 3 available late next week. Hope it maintains it's form, it really is quality drama.

IMG_0219.JPG

Just finished Ouro-Amazon Gold, a quick one and loved it, The Bureau is next!

1 hour ago, Darren69 said:

Just finished Ouro-Amazon Gold, a quick one and loved it, The Bureau is next!

Ouro Amazon was excellent. SBS is a gold mine for great foreign drama series.

I reckon you'll love The Bureau. :)

I reckon Jordskott and 1864:Denmarks War are my faves so far but I do love them all. Yet to see a bad one, we have nearly watched all of them, haha.

Very bad for your health! :D

Edited by Darren69

On 9/15/2017 at 11:57 AM, soundfan said:

A brilliant French spy/political thriller series.

The Bureau.

I have nearly finished Season 1, Season 2 is available with Season 3 available late next week. Hope it maintains it's form, it really is quality drama.

IMG_0219.JPG

I quite agree.  In fact, I would go so far as to say it's one of the best series of recent years.  The French are staring to come up with some crackers.

One thing I've noticed is that they tend not to use smart phones a lot - I assume the reason is short battery life and bulkiness.