Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Darren69

SBS On Demand-currently watching

Recommended Posts

Series 2 of Jordskott is bonkers!

 

Witchcraft, parasites, zombies, non-humans, elemental powers, secret organisatons!

 

I find Series 2 to be quicker off the mark, whereas Series 1 took some time to get going.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎18‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 2:31 PM, bronal said:

Series 2 of Jordskott is bonkers!

 

Witchcraft, parasites, zombies, non-humans, elemental powers, secret organisatons!

 

I find Series 2 to be quicker off the mark, whereas Series 1 took some time to get going.

Just finished it and bloody loved it, ready for Series 3!!! One of my all time fave SBS On Demand series.

 

I love how dark it is.

 

Got any darker??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Darren69 said:

Just finished it and bloody loved it, ready for Series 3!!! One of my all time fave SBS On Demand series.

 

I love how dark it is.

 

Got any darker??

I think we'll have to wait a while.  Series 2 has only just finished screening.

 

BTW I thought the final episode was a bit muddled.  Almost as if they had to tie up the loose ends in a hurry.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, bronal said:

I think we'll have to wait a while.  Series 2 has only just finished screening.

 

BTW I thought the final episode was a bit muddled.  Almost as if they had to tie up the loose ends in a hurry.

 

 

 

I concur, yes, a lot happened all of a sudden haha, however-

 

Spoiler

I did like the twist about the kids and Toms daughter etc. Old mate got 'keyed'. I thought that was clever re- how he thought he got his bro back to life, I thought that was just silly until I realised he was losing his mind, very well done.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Just finished watching both series of Berlin Station.  I thought the plot line was well thought through and very topical.  Excellent viewing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have been enjoying series one, just completed S1, eps 10. Series2 over the holidays!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's next up for us! Working through Chance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tried a couple of episodes of Chance, haven’t gotte in to it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Just watched Ride upon the Storm another first class Danish drama.  Found the first episode struggled slightly but after that it was really good and the last episode - excellent!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Vietnam War. Another US and French stuff up.

And the Yanks still haven't learnt to keep out of other countries problems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Over the too hot and humid weather in Melbourne lately, watched the French Series "The Bureau", if you like Le Carre you'll like The Bureau. It is contemporary espionage, the acting is second to none and the story's entwining themes is subtle and well thought out. The second season has been hailed in France as some of the finest French TV ever made. It treats everyone as grown ups and the drama is situated in the grey areas of what is becoming the predominant geography of world politics.

 

Like Le Carre it is about the game, a closed game, as to whether the world, you and I benefit from the activities of these international agencies is a moot point it seems.

 

Have a watch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, allthumbs said:

Over the too hot and humid weather in Melbourne lately, watched the French Series "The Bureau", if you like Le Carre you'll like The Bureau. It is contemporary espionage, the acting is second to none and the story's entwining themes is subtle and well thought out. The second season has been hailed in France as some of the finest French TV ever made. It treats everyone as grown ups and the drama is situated in the grey areas of what is becoming the predominant geography of world politics.

 

Like Le Carre it is about the game, a closed game, as to whether the world, you and I benefit from the activities of these international agencies is a moot point it seems.

 

Have a watch.

A superb series, and the best foreign series I have watched now for a couple of years.

This show was mentioned upstream somewhere already. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Am watching Mars, and (having watched the short version 'live') have The Ghan Director's Cut ready to go.

 

Heavily into red landscapes here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Might have to give Mars a go. So many good shows there at the moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hunt for the Wilderpeople is currently on telly. 

 

Funny as bro!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎26‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 10:20 PM, Monk said:

Hunt for the Wilderpeople is currently on telly. 

 

Funny as bro!

 

 

Watched last night, bloody cacked myself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Since there's been no FTA TV here since analog ended i thought I might get on to SBS online. 

Can't even get passed the first screen of Create Account !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Muon N'

I had issues trying to create an account, can't recall what they were though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, eman said:

Since there's been no FTA TV here since analog ended i thought I might get on to SBS online. 

Can't even get passed the first screen of Create Account !

Really?  No FTA at Bega since way back? I didn't know that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Darren69 said:

Really?  No FTA at Bega since way back? I didn't know that.

Bega is OK  but smaller towns got screwed because there might be a hill nearby.  Happened with the mobile phones too.  Forced to use satellite too if I want NBN.  Ripper progress. 

 

Side note.  I've got SBS On Demand registered now.  Just got to work it now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Muon N' said:

I had issues trying to create an account, can't recall what they were though.

Got onto SBS and they did it for me. 

Found out can login with Facebook too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know it has been mentioned earlier but I have been slow to catch up and watching 2 episodes a night of The Young Pope with headphones, because Sorrentino takes so much care with the music and the incidental sound effects and always manages to make Rome seem new. The acting from all concerned is outstanding, Jude Law's American accent and NYC attitude is fLAWless and the Minister of State Veiole is a great comedic foil not to mention Keaton or Cromwell who do such a great job.

 

I agree with Ian McP I think who mentioned The Great Beauty, worth a look and a second and third look. I will have to get hold of Youth and Il DIvo, I have hunted down a special at Fishpond 5 films of Sorrentino under $40.00

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jude Law is an excellent actor, The Talented Mr Ripley was a fantastic movie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jude Law is an excellent actor, The Talented Mr Ripley was a fantastic movie.
My all time fav film and soundtrack. It's actually that film and music that got me into jazz.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saw the first episode of Knightfall as the first TV I've seen in a few years.  Bloody hell , what a fictitious load.  Have to just take it as 'impressionistic' 'artists imagined construct' if I want to keep watching.  Lot sauce getting squirted about.

 

Maybe someone will put on a proper documentary.

Edited by eman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Classifieds Statistics


    Currently Active Ads

    Total Sales (Since 2018)

    Total Sales Value (Last 14 Days)

    Total Ads Value (Since March 2020)
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...