Jump to content

Darren69

SBS On Demand-currently watching

Recommended Posts

Giving Eyewitness a go now

 

http://www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/video/839975491684/eyewitness

 

Well worth it.  Two rellies went to Iceland, Denmark and Norway recently.  Loved it.  One loved it so much he's planning a move to Norway imminently.  He's a proper geek so work shouldn't be too hard to find.  I'm stuck here building a house.  Sigh!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, static said:

Giving Eyewitness a go now

 

http://www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/video/839975491684/eyewitness

 

Well worth it.  Two rellies went to Iceland, Denmark and Norway recently.  Loved it.  One loved it so much he's planning a move to Norway imminently.  He's a proper geek so work shouldn't be too hard to find.  I'm stuck here building a house.  Sigh!

 

I love Eyewitness. But............. only 6 episodes of the season are available, no new episodes have been available for over a month now.

Don't know whats going on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, soundfan said:

 

I love Eyewitness. But............. only 6 episodes of the season are available, no new episodes have been available for over a month now.

Don't know whats going on.

 

We watched the whole series on On Demand but I canna remember of the top of my head how many episodes there are, have you watched them all?

 

There might only be 6.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Darren69 said:

 

We watched the whole series on On Demand but I canna remember of the top of my head how many episodes there are, have you watched them all?

 

There might only be 6.

I have watched 6 episodes. Watched ep 6 over a month ago....felt that there still hasn't been a satisfactory resolution, if they only made 6. 

:(

 

EDIT: Just did some research, they did only make 6 episodes. 

Edited by soundfan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, soundfan said:

I have watched 6 episodes. Watched ep 6 over a month ago....felt that there still hasn't been a satisfactory resolution, if they only made 6. 

:(

 

EDIT: Just did some research, they did only make 6 episodes. 

 

Well we cant say anymore cos we might be 'spoilers'. :)

 

You would be like my partner, she hates shows or movies that leave you hanging a bit. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Deutschland 83, enjoyed the first two episodes!

http://www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/program/deutschland-83

http://www.sbs.com.au/guide/article/2017/01/31/venture-west-germany-spy-drama-deutschland-83

< Infused with a compelling mix of spy drama and great new-wave 80s pop music, Deutschland 83 is the story of a young East German soldier confronted with the freedoms of the West while working as a spy during the Cold War in the 1980s. 

A co-production between the US and Germany, it’s been hailed as a critical success, picking up a coveted Peabody Award, and a commercial smash when it aired in the UK last year - it soon became the most popular foreign-language drama in British television history.

Like US drama The Americans, another acclaimed 80s-set drama to which Deutschland 83 has been favourably compared, it positions the viewer on the side of the ostensible bad guy.

The main character in this, Martin (Jonas Nay), is a young man living in East Germany who has only known his country as one divided in two by the Berlin Wall. 

While he works as a border guard, it would be a stretch to describe him as a true believer in the ways of what US President Ronald Reagan infamously dubbed the ‘Evil Empire’.

But he is susceptible to being recruited as a spy by his cold-blooded, brilliantly manipulative aunt Lenora (Maria Schrader), an agent of East German intelligence agency the Stasi.

Patriotism plays a small role in Martin’s willingness to take part, but Lenora promising to fast-track medical treatment for Martin’s sick mother is a much greater incentive. >

regards Ian

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are up to picking a newie so we might try that one Ian, we couldn't get 'Heartless' to 'work' last night for some reason, or anything else for that matter. We kept getting a little yellow box 'video not available now' or something like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eww, that's like the bad old SBS.  It's been way better since they introduced the sign-in thing.  Mind you, the marketing information they wanted from me, dob etc, they did't get.  Thanks for the info about Deutschland.  Next after Eyewitness.

 

It's been a saving grace since the ABC was Murdoched.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...