Sign in to follow this  
Darren69

SBS On Demand-currently watching

2 minutes ago, Tony ray said:

Have been loving Project Blue Book.

The only problem is all the Election Adds.

What's it like then, any good?

@Luc not your usual bland cookie cutter yank stuff, still slightly clichéd but very watchable, IMO.

Doesn't hold a candle to the better French and Nordic series on there but blows mainstream viewing out of the water. I still see 'Little Finger' a bit when I see Aiden Gillen acting but I am getting better. :D 

Its a bit slow in parts when its his wife and her friend but I love all the Sci Fi stuff.

40 minutes ago, Luc said:

What's it like then, any good?

The first season of Project Blue Book trundled to a close this week.  There are so many unexplained plot lines that there obviously be a second series (and enough material for many more if  several more if they lift their game). 

For example, who is Susie Miller, Mimi Hynek's mysterious pseudo-lesbian friend?  Is she the communist spy, rather than the hapless next door neighbour?  Why did she kill her partner?  It certainly seems like it in the early episodes but I get the impression that she has 'turned' by the end of the series.

Why was nothing more made of the alien-like body seen suspended in a tank?

And so on.

For me, the weakness in the series is that the whole thing is too cloaked in mystery to the extent that it becomes a jumble.  Also, the running time of just over 40 minute fer episode is too short to do justice to the storyline of each event.

Don't get me wrong - I kind of enjoyed the series and will watch the next one, but was left with the feeling that it could have been so much better.

I like it, I also like the mysteries that continue and are yet to be explained...or not, I'm OK either way as the reality is not everything may be explained :alien:

Ah yes! Suzi :fear:

Watched " The Telegram Man" on SBS. Only a short story but excellent.
Do yourself a favour

Am enjoying 8 days, excellent stuff.

8 Days was fantastic, thoroughly recommend and Chernobyl also excellent.

I vaguely remember the incident back when I was in Yr 10 at High School but obviously not the horrific detail and have been ignorant to the legacy of all those cities, towns and forests that still sit in the exclusion zone. If we assume Wiki is accurate-

Compared with other nuclear events: The Chernobyl explosion put 400 times more radioactive material into the Earth's atmosphere than the atomic bomb dropped on Hiroshima; atomic weapons tests conducted in the 1950s and 1960s all together are estimated to have put some 100 to 1,000 times more radioactive material into the atmosphere than the Chernobyl accident.

The exclusion zone remains haunting- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chernobyl_Exclusion_Zone

Though I do remember the talk of the cloud travelling the earth and affecting us all. Remember nuclear annihilation due to a Yank-Russia dust up was a very real possibility at the time.

63 Up

amazing series.   My wife and I have seen the lot.   She shed a few tears in this. 3 part season.

Regards Cazzesman