Darren69

SBS On Demand-currently watching

The last (final?) series of Spiral was great.  Can't reallt see how they can come back from that.

Bad Banks was also gripping - well recommended and I think it will lead to at least one further series.

29 minutes ago, Graceman said:

The last (final?) series of Spiral was great.  Can't reallt see how they can come back from that.

Bad Banks was also gripping - well recommended and I think it will lead to at least one further series.

I thought series 6 of Spiral ended too abruptly, with too many loose ends untied.  Series 7 is already in production.

Spiral is like a Greek or Shakespearean tragedy.  All the characters have flaws which are their undoing.  Great stuff.

16 hours ago, bronal said:

I thought series 6 of Spiral ended too abruptly, with too many loose ends untied.  Series 7 is already in production.

Spiral is like a Greek or Shakespearean tragedy.  All the characters have flaws which are their undoing.  Great stuff.

Bad Banks! Two thumbs up!!

https://www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/program/bad-banks

On ‎22‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 5:55 PM, eman said:

Since I don't get any FTA TV here I just want to watch whatever is on at the time on SBS through the Net.   Can't figure it out though.  Don't they have a 'Stream TV' option somewhere ?

Hullo E man, SBS ON Demand came pre loaded into my Panasonic DMR-PWT560 along with ABC I View, Netflix and so on.

I don't dabble much into the On Demand TV even though I install a lot of TV Antennas as part of my job,  but good to see SBS has On Demand as there is quite a few good programs there

Have been very much enjoying 'Before we die'. As usual the storyline starts to unravel a bit towards the end but a very good series, worth a look. Great acting.

Just finished Manhattan (two series) as I'm running out of Nordic Noir/French series to watch.  It's not bad (for an American series), with good attention to detail (where they got all those 1940s cars from I don't know) but I found a lot of the characterisation to be monodimensional and the story a bit thin in the end.  They were obviously preparing for a third series, but it was cancelled because of poor ratings.

What's with all the ads and infomercials on SBS On Demand?  I've timed them at every four minutes!  I seem to remember that when SBS was allowed to supplement its funding with ads it was supposed to show them between programs or about every 15 minutes.  Or doesn't this apply to on-demand services?

Edited by bronal

Started 'Frozen Death' last night, French and dark and loving it.

Guest Hensa

56 minutes ago, Darren69 said:

Started 'Frozen Death' last night, French and dark and loving it.

Is that The Frozen Dead (which was excellent) or a different one? If the latter, I will search it out!

2 minutes ago, Hensa said:

Is that The Frozen Dead (which was excellent) or a different one? If the latter, I will search it out!

Haha, sorry mate you're right. Nothing for you to watch. Too many Coopers Stouts around the fire yestie arvo.

https://www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/program/the-frozen-dead

Thanks, hope all is good for you Brother H!

Guest Hensa
9 minutes ago, Darren69 said:

Haha, sorry mate you're right. Nothing for you to watch. Too many Coopers Stouts around the fire yestie arvo.

https://www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/program/the-frozen-dead

Thanks, hope all is good for you Brother H!

Bugger, was hoping it was a new one! All good with me! Hope we’ll be catching up again for the Melbourne Show!

19 minutes ago, Hensa said:

Bugger, was hoping it was a new one! All good with me! Hope we’ll be catching up again for the Melbourne Show!

Not for 2018 sorry mate, will have to live vicariously through your reports and piccies. :) 

Watched Episode 1 of Counterpart last night. Looks like it could be a good show. 

4 minutes ago, frankn said:

Watched Episode 1 of Counterpart last night. Looks like it could be a good show. 

Spooky, looked at that one first but chose Frozen Dead, we decided to check it out next.