SBS On Demand-currently watching

Pros and Cons  * * * *

https://www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/program/pros-and-cons

< Erik and Nina live as law-abiding citizens in their small house with two kids and arguments over the dishes. In the midst of all of this, Jacqueline – their old fellow conspirator from a past life as con artists – resurfaces and pressures the married couple into a new, grandiose con. >

Very convoluted con and very funny, highly recommended!

Edited by Ian McP
  • Like 2

On 16/10/2019 at 7:13 AM, Darren69 said:

Yes we will do Series II soon, very much enjoyed 1. Have been catching up on Bosch but the latest series sorta stops in the middle. Might be more shows loaded soon I guess. Love the Lieutenant in Bosch, he plays a very interesting character.

Bosch still going ? Been planing to catch This one :)

Not SBS but ABC iView

Frank Zappa on ABC iView - Rewind to 1973

Frank Zappa made a guest appearance on Monday Conference in 1973, fielding questions from the public about the rock revolution and its influence on youth, sex, drug, and political cultures.

https://iview.abc.net.au/show/rewind/series/4/video/AC1826H038S00

At times it seemed questions were being asked without looking to understand any answers Frank gave.

Very insightful and I found it fun too.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just finished Hierro, set on one of the Canary Islands. Volcanic lunar landscapes. Recommended.

EN.WIKIPEDIA.ORG
WWW.SBS.COM.AU

{{ meta.description }}

<Candela, an unconventional judge with character, is sent to the remotest possible posting, El Hierro, an island that is full of peculiar characteristics, where she doesn’t quite fit in. As soon as she arrives, she must face a murder case. The victim is Fran, a young man who was going to get married on that very day. Everything seems to suggest the culprit is Díaz, Fran’s boss and father of the bride, a shady local businessman who had served sentence for murder as a young man. <

• 2 weeks later...

Best of 2019: SBS On Demand's most-watched movies

https://www.sbs.com.au/movies/article/2019/12/06/best-2019-sbs-demands-most-watched-movies

apart from lion. which is an absolute treat, i havent watched any of the others ... so better get on with it :D 

On 14/12/2019 at 10:00 AM, Graceman said:

Just watched the final episode last night.  Very well done but I thought it left too many hanging endings.  Are they making a second series?

https://www.geektown.co.uk/2019/11/01/sky-renews-mark-strong-fronted-series-temple-for-season-2/

< Sky One and NOW TV will be returning to Temple, as the UK broadcaster announces the original drama starring Mark Strong, Daniel Mays and Carice Van Houten has been renewed for a 2nd Season.

Produced by Hera Pictures, the series tells the story of Daniel Milton (Mark Strong), a respected surgeon who finds himself drawn into the underground world of doomsday preppers and bank robbers when he tries to save his wife’s life, by setting up an illicit clinic with obsessive yet surprisingly resourceful misfit Lee (Daniel Mays), in the vast network of tunnels beneath Temple tube station in London. They are soon joined by Anna (Carice Van Houten), a guilt-ridden medical researcher whose past is entangled with Daniel’s and fugitive bank-robber Jamie (Tobi King-Bakare). Daniel does his best to juggle this dysfunctional family as his moral boundaries as a husband, friend and doctor are challenged. >

• Like 1

On 19/12/2019 at 10:58 AM, betty boop said:

Best of 2019: SBS On Demand's most-watched movies

https://www.sbs.com.au/movies/article/2019/12/06/best-2019-sbs-demands-most-watched-movies

apart from lion. which is an absolute treat, i havent watched any of the others ... so better get on with it :D 

started to watch some of these. started with the Viceroy's House

no doubt a bit of a production. quite some actors. what a frenzied time in india no doubt ! quite an insight of not only the times but also what the viceroy faced....

wondering what next on the abs list there to watch tonight :D 

We are watching Modus. There are two series. 

Thoroughly  enjoyed Series 1- set in Sweden. 

We are on episode 3 of series 2. The US President visits Sweden. It looks like they have written  the part for Hilary  ?

• 3 weeks later...

My wife and I just binge watched - well over 3 days _ "Face to face"

It is just incredible !!!  Possibly the very best Nordic Noir we have watched. Totally gripping and you can not get any darker then this. 

• Like 1

On Becoming a God in Central Florida.

Enjoyed the black comedy that cuts to the bone of The American Dream. Showcases the mentality that ensnares so many in the on-selling business models based on multi level marketing (read pyramid schemes)  Kirsten Dunst does a great job. I felt it bogged down a bit mid way through, but overall a great series.

But hey, maybe Im just a stinker thinker!

• Like 2

Hi All,

Started watching Years and Years, particularly that they have Trump elected for a second term and on the last few days of his Presidency decides to drop a nuclear bomb on the Chinese, man-made island in the Pacific.

Also watching Wisting, a Scandinavian police drama about an American serial killer who moves to Norway, and upon finding a body, the FBI becomes involved as DNA matches a colleague who formerly worked with the serial killer in the US of A.

JJ 

• Like 3