SBS On Demand-currently watching

Das Boot! How good was that? Episode 3 had us on the edge of our seats!

And the ending..... can't say any more!

The Teach series 1, just started series 2 is intriguing, those Poles, gruff and forthright in their manner, very different to the polite Swedes/Danes in the police dramas

https://www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/video/1374467139506/the-teach

new 4th series of The Bureau!

https://www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/search/The Bureau

need some time to catch up, so much to watch!

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Janjuc said:

HI All,

Currently watching 'The Orville', an interesting 'spoof' / Sci-Fi series which interestingly has a look at current social issues in most episodes.

JJ

+1 for Orville

soo much better than the latest Star Trek series (lots of potential but ultimately boils down to militarisation of discourse).

I find Orville is what Star Trek always tried to do however only occasionally pulled off.

Series 2 seems to have stopped at 6th episode -  will there be more???

On 03/01/2019 at 12:02 PM, Ian McP said:

Das Boot! How good was that? Episode 3 had us on the edge of our seats!

And the ending..... can't say any more!

I believe it's a good series, however I'm such a fan of the film - I decided not spoil / diversify the experience of it.

Maybe just stupid -  but there it is.

On 22/09/2018 at 7:42 PM, Bronal said:

I don't watch SBS FTA, just On-Demand, and it's my clear perception that the number and length of ad breaks is on the rise.  Has anyone else noticed this?

That's spot on. I feel OnDemand/streaming is still more-less a cowboy domain. It seems to be whatever rules broadcaster self imposes or think they will get away with - goes. At the end of the day, still marginally and sometimes heaps better than FTA.

Recently saw Fahrenheit 11/9 on SBS streaming, Michael Moore's Trump movie. Although not without Moore's silly antics and grandstanding, it is quite an engaging watch - better than any of his previous efforts. If you can stomach Moore (no pun intended) - a recommended checkie-outie doco.

• 4 weeks later...

Just finished season 2 of Trapped.  I love how these Nordic shows unfold at their own unhurried pace, not forced, like so many US series.  But they're never boring.

Season 2 is not as claustrophobic as Season 1, but just as good.  People seem like people.  Life seems real. 

Edited by Bronal
  • Like 1

I watched the the first episode of project Blue Book last night.  Another US series let-down.  I hope it picks up a bit.  The storyline is very thin.  I notice SBS appears to be drip-feeding episodes one at a time.

27 minutes ago, Bronal said:

I watched the the first episode of project Blue Book last night.  Another US series let-down.  I hope it picks up a bit.  The storyline is very thin.  I notice SBS appears to be drip-feeding episodes one at a time.

Bummer

I taped it last night in the hope it was going to another left field series.

Looking forward to the return of Killing Eve next month

1 hour ago, glenm64 said:

Bummer

I taped it last night in the hope it was going to another left field series.

Looking forward to the return of Killing Eve next month

Yep, after all the hype advertising wise it was quite a disappointment! No comparison to the excellent and inventive Counterpart!

Pagan Peak is mighty scary! https://www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/program/pagan-peak

Hanging out for The Good Fight's return season https://www.sbs.com.au/programs/thegoodfight