SBS On Demand-currently watching

On 9/15/2017 at 11:57 AM, soundfan said:

A brilliant French spy/political thriller series.

The Bureau.

I have nearly finished Season 1, Season 2 is available with Season 3 available late next week. Hope it maintains it's form, it really is quality drama.

IMG_0219.JPG

I quite agree.  In fact, I would go so far as to say it's one of the best series of recent years.  The French are staring to come up with some crackers.

One thing I've noticed is that they tend not to use smart phones a lot - I assume the reason is short battery life and bulkiness.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Shadow World

14 days left to catch this one , started watching it last night, very disturbing. See what British BAE Systems got up to with Saudi Arabia and other stories of massive arms trading and bribery

https://www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/video/467883075935/shadow-world

< A devastating and courageous exploration of the international arms trade – the only business that counts its profits in billions and its costs in human lives. >

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Guest Muon N'

Was on SBS FTA and not on demand but the doco' on the scanning of the Great Pyramid using Muons was an interesting watch :)

Likely available on SBS On Demand after It's airing.

watched Wadjda the other evening

https://www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/video/1085796931664/wadjda

great little movie. about a 10 year old girl growing up in saudi arabia. gives a good insight into life there and the challenges faced. a very cute film...

I was particularly taken I think because my daughter her self is a pretty similar age and I only just in the last year so taught her how to ride a bike...

how life in different societies can be so different !  to a certain extent am amazed this film was made and appears to be a saudi-german co production.

4 hours ago, Graceman said:

..and I've just been watching the excellent Spiral series 4.

Agreed.  The French are producing some excellent series - Spiral, Spin, the Bureau etc.

I missed the earlier series of Spiral and Jordskott.  I'm now catching up on series 1 of Jordskott before moving to Series 2.

For some reason it reminds me of Twin Peaks - maybe it's the location.  I don't find it as tight as the other Nordic Noir series and it's a little slow in comparison.  But I'm persevering.

Am loving the third series of Bosch, missed the second one somehow. It expires soon.

Then Jordskott!! Woohoo, soo happy to see that back, one of my absolute faves.

Not sure I have seen any Spiral. Loved The Bureau, highly recommended.

Guest Muon N'

I subscribed to On Demand earlier today, and now just emailed them to remove that subscription.

The number of scripts and cross scripting on any page to view anything is crazy! And i rather not compromise browser security to that level.

8 minutes ago, Muon N' said:

I subscribed to On Demand earlier today, and now just emailed them to remove that subscription.

The number of scripts and cross scripting on any page to view anything is crazy! And i rather not compromise browser security to that level.

Not sure what you're referring to.  All I ever get is a dialog box telling me the login has been improved, or sometimes a box asking if I really want to exit.

Guest Muon N'

@bronal  Scripts run behind the scenes, they are only visible if you look deeper or you have a script blocker add-on that shows them.

Anyway, these things don't concern 99% or people on the internet, I'm just pedantic regarding security and privacy.

Edited by Muon N'
Typo

1 hour ago, Muon N' said:

Yes, I tried to watch something on Ten's on demand last week and the same thing happened. I think Ghostery got up to 45 different scripts, and 3 were categorised as dangerous. I gave up and downloaded from i-tunes. I emailed 10's privacy concerns address but of course I don't expect a response. Most of it is Google's usual data mining, but there were some other creepies in there. I'm glad I'm not the only paranoid one out there.