SBS On Demand-currently watching

I've been on a steady SBS On Demand diet for the last few months!

Arne Dahl, Spring Tide, Midnight Sun, The Disappearance, Modus and Professor T. Enjoyed them all, especially Spring Tide and Midnight Sun.

Currently watching Trapped and will follow that with Eyewitness.

Is Romanzo Criminale still available (all seasons)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

45 minutes ago, Hensa said:

I've been on a steady SBS On Demand diet for the last few months!

Arne Dahl, Spring Tide, Midnight Sun, The Disappearance, Modus and Professor T. Enjoyed them all, especially Spring Tide and Midnight Sun.

Currently watching Trapped and will follow that with Eyewitness.

Is Romanzo Criminale still available (all seasons)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know re Romanzo, have a look tonight. I haven't noticed any expiration announcements on the links. I thoroughly enjoyed that series.

I also very much liked Jordskott.

http://www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/program/jordskott

• 4 weeks later...

Giving Eyewitness a go now

http://www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/video/839975491684/eyewitness

Well worth it.  Two rellies went to Iceland, Denmark and Norway recently.  Loved it.  One loved it so much he's planning a move to Norway imminently.  He's a proper geek so work shouldn't be too hard to find.  I'm stuck here building a house.  Sigh!

1 minute ago, static said:

Giving Eyewitness a go now

http://www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/video/839975491684/eyewitness

Well worth it.  Two rellies went to Iceland, Denmark and Norway recently.  Loved it.  One loved it so much he's planning a move to Norway imminently.  He's a proper geek so work shouldn't be too hard to find.  I'm stuck here building a house.  Sigh!

I love Eyewitness. But............. only 6 episodes of the season are available, no new episodes have been available for over a month now.

Don't know whats going on.

6 minutes ago, soundfan said:

I love Eyewitness. But............. only 6 episodes of the season are available, no new episodes have been available for over a month now.

Don't know whats going on.

We watched the whole series on On Demand but I canna remember of the top of my head how many episodes there are, have you watched them all?

There might only be 6.

18 minutes ago, Darren69 said:

We watched the whole series on On Demand but I canna remember of the top of my head how many episodes there are, have you watched them all?

There might only be 6.

I have watched 6 episodes. Watched ep 6 over a month ago....felt that there still hasn't been a satisfactory resolution, if they only made 6. 

:(

EDIT: Just did some research, they did only make 6 episodes. 

Edited by soundfan
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, soundfan said:

I have watched 6 episodes. Watched ep 6 over a month ago....felt that there still hasn't been a satisfactory resolution, if they only made 6. 

:(

EDIT: Just did some research, they did only make 6 episodes. 

Well we cant say anymore cos we might be 'spoilers'. :)

You would be like my partner, she hates shows or movies that leave you hanging a bit. :D

• Like 1

Deutschland 83, enjoyed the first two episodes!

http://www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/program/deutschland-83

http://www.sbs.com.au/guide/article/2017/01/31/venture-west-germany-spy-drama-deutschland-83

< Infused with a compelling mix of spy drama and great new-wave 80s pop music, Deutschland 83 is the story of a young East German soldier confronted with the freedoms of the West while working as a spy during the Cold War in the 1980s. 

A co-production between the US and Germany, it’s been hailed as a critical success, picking up a coveted Peabody Award, and a commercial smash when it aired in the UK last year - it soon became the most popular foreign-language drama in British television history.

Like US drama The Americans, another acclaimed 80s-set drama to which Deutschland 83 has been favourably compared, it positions the viewer on the side of the ostensible bad guy.

The main character in this, Martin (Jonas Nay), is a young man living in East Germany who has only known his country as one divided in two by the Berlin Wall. 

While he works as a border guard, it would be a stretch to describe him as a true believer in the ways of what US President Ronald Reagan infamously dubbed the ‘Evil Empire’.

But he is susceptible to being recruited as a spy by his cold-blooded, brilliantly manipulative aunt Lenora (Maria Schrader), an agent of East German intelligence agency the Stasi.

Patriotism plays a small role in Martin’s willingness to take part, but Lenora promising to fast-track medical treatment for Martin’s sick mother is a much greater incentive. >

regards Ian

• Like 1

We are up to picking a newie so we might try that one Ian, we couldn't get 'Heartless' to 'work' last night for some reason, or anything else for that matter. We kept getting a little yellow box 'video not available now' or something like that.

Eww, that's like the bad old SBS.  It's been way better since they introduced the sign-in thing.  Mind you, the marketing information they wanted from me, dob etc, they did't get.  Thanks for the info about Deutschland.  Next after Eyewitness.

It's been a saving grace since the ABC was Murdoched.

• Like 1

Happy dance of happiness time. The updated "SBS On Demand" app now supports Chromecast! No smart TV in the house so all SBS was via the laptop and HDMI cable, which was all a bit of a pain. I can see a Netflix "holiday" coming up for a few months.

First thing viewed was Jazz@Metropolis, which quite amusingly featured "London Jazz Collector", one of the few bloggers I tend to follow.

http://www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/search/jazz

Edited by enikoy

My wife and I have one episode of Midnight Sun to go. It has been awesome! If the opening scene with the helicopter doesn't get you in, if you are are a fan of scandi noir, nothing will! 

Edited by SPR08Y
  • Like 1