Sign in to follow this  
lebone

SOLD: FS: Anthony Gallo Acoustics Nucleus Reference 3 Speaker

Item: Anthony Gallo Acoustics Nucleus Reference 3
Price: $2000
Item Condition: Very good for it age.
Reason for selling: Surplus
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Bank deposit, Paypal (3% extra for paypal)
Extra Info:

Gallo Nucleus Reference3 Specifications:
Frequency Response: 34Hz - 50kHz +/- 3dB
Frequency Response(active bass): 22Hz - 50kHz +/- 3dB
Nominal Impedance: 8 Ohms
Sensitivity: 88 dB/1 Watt/1 metre
Power Handling: 350 Watts
Driver: Dual 4" carbon fibre midrange drivers Custom 10" dual voice coil bass driver
CDT Tweeter: 300 degree dispersion 3kHz - 50kHz
Midrange Driver Material: Carbon fibre
Dimensions: 889 mm (H) 203.2 x (W) x 406.4 (D)
Weight: 47lb/21.3 kg each
Connections: Gold plated all metal binding posts for secure wire connection
Finishes: Black / Stainless steel with black base.

A review of the unit:
http://www.audioreview.com/cat/speakers/gallo-acoustics/nucleus-reference3/prd_327589_3646crx.aspx
http://www.audioasylum.com/reviews/Speakers/Gallo-Acoustics/Reference-III/speakers/170211.html

Perfect working condition.
Only had to replace 4 dust cover on midrange drivers.
No foot spike and no screw to hold cage to the back of the speaker.

I did post this for sale about a month ago, but the post was deleted and I don't know why.
So I trying again.

Prefer pickup and will give priority to local.

Pictures:

post-150506-0-31271700-1471746285_thumb.

post-150506-0-66994000-1471746290_thumb.

post-150506-0-68633100-1471746294_thumb.

post-150506-0-47446600-1471746299_thumb.

post-150506-0-60167000-1471746304_thumb.

post-150506-0-21039000-1471746307_thumb.

post-150506-0-13990100-1471746311_thumb.

post-150506-0-30304300-1471746314_thumb.

post-150506-0-83024900-1471746316_thumb.

post-150506-0-93621100-1471746322_thumb.

post-150506-0-26055800-1471746327_thumb.

post-150506-0-37676800-1471746330_thumb.

post-150506-0-67219300-1471746334_thumb.

post-150506-0-21672000-1471746338_thumb.

post-150506-0-10433800-1471746341_thumb.

post-150506-0-22994500-1471746346_thumb.

Edited by lebone

I do not know if they sound as good as they look but if you were in Perth, I would be negotiating right now!

They are beautiful.

Only had to replace 4 dust cover on midrange drivers.

No foot spike and no screw to hold cage to the back of the speaker.

Why where the dust caps replaced?

Can you please explain about screw and cage??

Thanks

Are these 3.1's?

Do they need much power is would Mahi's drive them well?

Why where the dust caps replaced?

Can you please explain about screw and cage??

Thanks

1 dust cover started peeling off and other 1 fall off  when I got it.

I got it check over by a speaker repair guy and can't match the other, so have to replace all 4.

This doesn't affect the sound.

There 3 holes per cage where a screw can be used, but I do think it important as the cage did not move when play music.

You can replace if want to.  Better without the cage as it look so nice.

Are these 3.1's?

Do they need much power is would Mahi's drive them well?

Nucleus Reference 3 as label on the back, but some told me they maybe 3.1.

Don't know if Mahi's will do well.

I use a 80w, 110w and 250w amp with no problem. These can handle more but I don't drive my speaker loud.

Nucleus Reference 3 as label on the back, but some told me they maybe 3.1.

Don't know if Mahi's will do well.

I use a 80w, 110w and 250w amp with no problem. These can handle more but I don't drive my speaker loud.

They would be one of the last production runs just prior to the 3.1s. Gallo deleted the tweeter switch on the 3s at the end of their life cycle and I would suggest they are virtually identical to the 3.1s.

Only for the people who know there Gallo, as I can only state what the label is.

Just beautiful speakers, great photographs and a very nicely laid out listing. :thumb:

I wish I had the room for them :love

Yes, they are fascinating. Wish I had the spare bucks to give them a whirl as well.

GLWTS Parry.

PS- Parry is a gentleman and very easy to deal with.

Daz

Thanks guys.

I love to keep these but need the room, also how I position the speaker due to lack of space don't help.

Come on QLD guys.

Buy the damn things or I will!

Even though I do not have room for them (I already have hifi in every room of the house), do not have money, and it would be too expensive to ship.

They sure have high wife acceptance factor.

Should I send this post to my wife who is o/s now and get her to OK it to prove it to you?

Roman

;)

Come on QLD guys.

Buy the damn things or I will!

Even though I do not have room for them (I already have hifi in every room of the house), do not have money, and it would be too expensive to ship.

They sure have high wife acceptance factor.

Should I send this post to my wife who is o/s now and get her to OK it to prove it to you?

Roman

;)

Nah, just buy them and pay for shipping to Perth.

I'll buy them off you when your wife gets back and tells you to move 'em on :D

My wife prefer these over the diy speaker I using.

Some of my friend prefer the Gallo sound too.

I prefer Gallo over your diy speaker too.

Sorry to tell you this @@lebone but I'm listening to Phil Collins HD FLAC and have come to the conclusion you may have made a big mistake letting these go.

I very happy that you are enjoying the speaker.

Congratulations on the sale of your item. If you feel you have benefited from using this system for the sale of an item through our classifieds system then please consider making a donation, or purchasing some StereoNET Merchandise.

-------------------------------------

Donation Payment Option

You can make a donation via Paypal (using Credit Card or Paypal Balance), or Direct Deposit.

Click below to make a donation:
donate-button.png

-------------------------------------

Merchandise Purchase Option

You can purchase one of our official StereoNET T-shirts, or other StereoNET merchandise by clicking the following link:
SNA_merch.jpg

Thank you, your support is appreciated and every dollar makes a difference.