Marc

Recommended HiFi / AV Repairers

This is the space to recommend good repair technicians for hi-fi equipment. It'll be saved as a "sticky" so others can easily find the information.

As a general recommendation, the repair techs that many distributors employ can be very good and are often your best first port of call.

Sound System Services in CHCH are excellent for speaker repairs. Good prices, service, and workmanship.

Contact me by PM via AudioEnz for advice on repair of Craft Audio amps from the 1980s. I designed and built these, and I still have some spare parts. Until 2004 these were serviced by Plinius Audio while I was a part owner and director there. The new Plinius company have advised that they will no longer service these amps, and so enqiries should now come directly to me.

Gary Morrison

I recommend Searle Electronics in Whangarei. They fixed my Nakamichi tape deck and were courteous and prompt.

The following Akld techs (solid state) have been mentioned here:

(I have no personal experience or association.)

WOT ELECTRONICS

Warren Turley

Ph 528 5632

CHRIS MARQUET

Ph 818 5196

I can, however, confidently recommend the following valve/tube technician:

Clarry Schollum

Ph 817 2634

Titirangi

I can thoroughly recommend Chris Marquet, he's not the fastest in the west but end results always excellent. He has upgraded and repaired my Plinius 100's. He has built for a friend probably the best subwoofer complete with amplifier system, beware there is no boom which can be disconcerting if thats what you have lived with. Is very good on solid state and digital prefers top end or well made gear. He has his own brand of amplifiers well proven. He is very hard on overpriced average built gear, but he can make it better if its worth it. He's honest.

I second the recommendation for Chris, he replaced output transistors on my Classe P103 and brought it back to life when I thought it was stuffed.

Interesting character!!

jakenz;63005 wrote:
Can anyone recommend a hifi equipment repairer in Wellington.

Cheers,

Jake

Anyone? I have a Mirage speaker that has kicked the bucket and I would like to get someone to take a look at it locally rather than send it to Christchurch.

Cheers.

I have two good recommedations for hi-fi repairers in Wellington

Kaleidoscope - 22 Garrett Street, Off Cuba in the CBD

Have used Gary(?) twice for repairing my old Accuphase amps. Good reliable repair and very reasonable rate.

Marcus Wilson at Audio Analysis

http://www.audioanalysis.co.nz/

Marcus is the NZ repair agent for Conrad-Johnson among other things and has fantastic knowledge of all things audio and a great love of music.

If anyone is looking to get an old Pioneer or Sansui amplifer or receiver repaired, solid state or valve I will be more than happy to help you out.

As I am an enthusiast and have been collecting Pioneer/Sansui gear for years, I'm familar with most models. I can repair or rebuild the unit, depending on what the owner wants. I'll also repair Denon/Marantz/Hitachi/Kenwood/Sony/Yamaha.

You can PM me or email at shamrok@paradise.net.nz

Cheers!

Glen

I know this is't the right place to say this but I seem to be finding it hard to find some posts I know I read yesterday. the one about buying a DAC. please help and then delete this post

Lance Worsley;59693 wrote:
Axent audio. Auckland. All Loud speaker repair/reconditioning and testing. Components SS and valve. Turntables. 09 827 1220

I want to say I received fantastic service from Axent Audio recently. Mark worked on my Opera Consonance Cyber 800 monoblock as it started spewing some white smoke one night ! He knows his stuff with the valve gear and other vintage gear and I will be taking the other monoblock to him as he discovered a weakness in the caps used and they were heating up too much. Highly recommended !