New JVC 4k laser projector

on jvc's uk site, a teaser video...

http://uk.jvc.com/specials/2016/dila/

Looks like a new casing and no doubt the laser thing, they have had a laser 8k unit for few years now so wonder how much this borrowed from that or a whole new ground up design given the 8k one was seriously pricey ! 

will be at IFA, wonder how stands up performance wise and similarly price wise as well !

• Like 2

Haha my bet is this laser Jvc is well beyond my realm and humble means :D

It will be competing with sonys $60k or is they $90k 5000es

Or they might surprise us to be more in line with the Epson (non4k) laser now that would be cat amongst the pigeons !!! :D

• 4 weeks later...

wow this is like the JVC HD1 at the dawn of blu-ray and was ground breaking ! certainly reads that way ! looks an amazing piece of work and ground up a huge effort I can imagine. 

amazing indeed ! as they say though though they dont know about price ... it will be expensive probably like the hd1 be a while before drops to "affordable" levels... :D

great to see JVC at the forefront though... I think sony just got kicked out the park ! hehe

3 hours ago, Steam said:

as seems to be the way ... the jvc yet again half the price of the sony equivalent ! 

either sony are really missing the mark these days. or jvc is right on the ball ! 

sure looks a blinder this one from jvc.... though unfortunately even with the much reduced pricing compared to the sony option...will likely be well well out of reach for most if not all enthusiasts....

that said those at the extreme end of the hobby am sure there will be nothing holding them back on something like this :)

On 9/7/2016 at 5:13 PM, :) al said:

either sony are really missing the mark these days. or jvc is right on the ball ! 

I don't think Sony are sweating just yet. But the sooner there are more manufacturers offering true 4K projectors at realistic prices, the better!

Edited by Hydrology

• 2 weeks later...

beastie ! 

oh yeah jvc never mucks around. we tend to see the new models before anywhere else in the world as well... and usually do very well price wise too.

just dont expect anyone to have any stock. I understand its something by order only. i.e. will bring one in the country if someone wants one :)