SOLD: FS: Chord 2Qute DAC

Item: Chord 2Qute DAC (Black)

Price: $1250
Item Condition: Excellent, no scratches or marks. No faults or any issues.
Reason for selling: Upgrading
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info: Purchased July 2015, have original packaging, USB cable, USB Key, Power adapter, and documentation. 
Can ship, provided buyer pays additional for shipping and insurance etc.

Pictures: Just the one, pictured back in box. I can take it out and photo it anyone really wants to see. Note this is a BLACK unit.

post-113750-0-19349600-1470749631_thumb.

Anyone who wants this DAC should buy this one, best thing about dacs, they really don't wear out, so this for half price, man.......

hi i guess i missed out even though i pm you at 3 in the morning( actually saw it when you first listed but tried to resist) -anyway congratulations on the sale

I have never heard a chord dac properly

Hi Speedgod66. You are correct, you were first off the rank, I incorrectly advised another interested party that they were first, and now have let them know that they weren't. I'll PM you shortly with next steps. Sorry for the confusion.

Edited by SiraariS
  • Like 1

I've gone with the Meitner MA-1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Excellent choice, I am very happy with mine.

Just noticed in your signature you have the Karan. Getting better all the time, that should be a very nice combination.

Edited by Nap250

Excellent choice, I am very happy with mine.

Just noticed in your signature you have the Karan. Getting better all the time, that should be a very nice combination.

Indeed. A couple of fellow SN members came over and were surprised that upgrading the DAC produced such an improvement overall. Previously they had been pushing for me to upgrade the speakers because - quote "all DACs sound the same". Not quite seriously but the general advice was speakers would produce the most improvement. I stuck to the DAC upgrade with fantastic results. And they agreed whole heartedly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

As I've said here before, Rob Watts the Designer of the 2qute tested it running off a battery, and there was zero improvement.

Now, I dunno about you guys, but that guy has a good ear, has the best of the best equipment to test his gear with, and if he's says there's zero need to improved the power source, I'd tend to believe him. After all, he or Chord don't make their own upgraded PSU, so it's not like they are trying to get you to buy one of theirs.

It's been debated over at headfi for ages, and he always comes in and says your waisting your money, it's not needed.

If it was, being the biggest 2qute fanboy on here, I'd be upgrading in a heartbeat.

If you ever get to try one, you might be surprised too. :)

Here's the thing, the Hugo runs of a battery, same DAC as the 2quote, minus the Headamp, pre etc, and the 2qute sounds better than it, using its wall wart.

If I had a PSU here, I'd try it, just to humor you.....

No offense, but your word, over the designers?

Don't think so.

Edited by Sime

Here's the thing, the Hugo runs of a battery, same DAC as the 2quote, minus the Headamp, pre etc, and the 2qute sounds better than it, using its wall wart.

If I had a PSU here, I'd try it, just to humor you.....

No offense, but your word, over the designers?

Don't think so.

If you were closer and freight wasn't so costly,  I would send you one to try out.

It might be just me, or not having a switchmode PSU in the system has benefits to my system.

Nice to know if it also makes a difference for someone else too. (Just not in my head :) )

I have tried 3 so far. A more expensive Terradak, a cheapy chinese one and now Keces.

Don't think I heard a difference between all 3 but just having the linear PSU is what helped my system.

Edited by rocky500

<p>Congratulations on the sale of your item. If you feel you have benefited from using this system for the sale of an item through our classifieds system then please consider making a donation, or purchasing some StereoNET Merchandise.<br /><br />-------------------------------------<br /><br />Donation Payment Option<br /><br />You can make a donation via Paypal (using Credit Card or Paypal Balance), or Direct Deposit.<br /><br />Click below to make a donation:<br />donate-button.png<br /><br />-------------------------------------<br /><br />Merchandise Purchase Option<br /><br />You can purchase one of our official StereoNET T-shirts, or other StereoNET merchandise by clicking the following link:<br />SNA_merch.jpg<br /><br />Thank you, your support is appreciated and every dollar makes a difference.</p>