Sign in to follow this  
Pops110

Sydney Marathon 2016.

Just wondering if there are any fellow SNA members doing the Sydney Marathon this year?

I will be heading over for it from Perth on the 14th. Was hoping to catch up with some members and have a listen to some systems but don't think I'm going to have time. :(

Hope to see some of you out there, is there any points in the run I need to be aware of? I have never been to Sydney so the course is a bit of an unknown, all adds to the fun I suppose :).

Have been ticking along ok with my training, just completed the Perth Half Marathon in my second best time, so looking good.

Cheers Dave.

I'll be running along side you Dave...... in spirit!

Cmon Linc, 5 weeks training, you'll be right it's only 42 kms. ;)

Cheers

Sweeeet. What sort of time are you hoping for.

It should be good running in another city, a bit of a change. Have done most of the runs in Perth so know them like the back of my hand. :)

It's fairly flat so I'm led to believe, so I'm hoping for a semi decent time.

Cheers dave

Not long now till the big one. Ramping up the training a bit now. Confident I can get around the 3hr 45 mark which will be a 15 min improvement on my first marathon.

My last few big runs.post-113906-0-01220400-1471786727_thumb.post-113906-0-03036100-1471786740_thumb.post-113906-0-13314100-1471786816_thumb.

Just finished a little while ago. Beautiful course to run, was spectacular going over the bridge and finishing at the opera house. 

Was on target for a really quick time, but started cramping at about the 32 km Mark. Still made it under 4 hours, set a pb so pretty happy. I think I'm broken now. ;)

image.png

Just finished a little while ago. Beautiful course to run, was spectacular going over the bridge and finishing at the opera house. 

Was on target for a really quick time, but started cramping at about the 32 km Mark. Still made it under 4 hours, set a pb so pretty happy. I think I'm broken now. [emoji6]

image.png

Nice work mate! I'm impressed! I would have had a heart attack about 6 steps off the start line.