Sign in to follow this  
Guest Y B

FS: Manley Chinook Phono Preamp + Original Tubes + Bob's Devices 3440 SUT

Guest Y B

Item: Manley Chinook Phono Preamp + Optional Bob's Devices 3440 SUT

Price: $2000 + $330

Item Condition: 9/10. As new

Reason for selling: Something devilish is tempting me...

Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal + 3%, Bank Transfer, COD Only

Extra Info:

*The 1st owner has confirmed that he bought the Chinook in November 2014. It's not even 2 year old!

1. Manley Chinook Phono Preamp + 4x Electro Harmonix 6922 (Original) - $2000

2. Bob's Devices 3440 Step Up Transformer - $330

The Chinook is a great phono preamp. I searched for quite a while to finally have this replaced the Moon 310LP and it is a far far better phono preamp than the Moon 310LP. Add the Bob's Devices 3440 Cinemag and I have been smiling every time I put on a record since. A lot of resistance loading options and they are outboard! However, the two gains settings (45/60 db) are inside the box.

The Chinook with the NOS Amprex 7308 (pictured but not included, 4x original Electro Harmonix 6922 are included) and SUT work extremely well together but I found them a tad too warm for my liking in my system. I changed my power amp's tubes (more transparent and leaner sounding) not long after and they are now perfectly matched. No more of this overly warm characters in my system.

With the Chinook and Bob's Devices in my system, they made me realised the Rega Apheta a much better cart than I initially thought. All the imperfection I had with the cart had been corrected. It is now certainly not that far back from the Shelter 7000 I am used to. If I were to have the Chinook and SUT when I first had the Apheta, I would not have wanted to try anything else right after I received it, and be happy with the Apheta. Now I am.

*The Bob's Devices SUT is for sale with the preamp only unless the buyer choose not to have it, then it will be for sale separately after the preamp is sold.

*Will ship at buyer's cost. Have original box for the Chinook but not the SUT.

Pictures:

Chinook-1.jpgChinook-2.jpgChinook-3.jpgChinook-4.jpgChinook-5.jpgBobs-Devices-1.jpgBobs-Devices-2.jpgBobs-Devices-3.jpg

Edited by Y B

Can I be first in line for the SUT as a stand-alone sale?

Guest Y B

Can I be first in line for the SUT as a stand-alone sale?

Actually I promised a member I would let him know if I were to sell the SUT. You will be first after him.

Guest Y B

Still available. The member was seeking info. Cheers.

Actually I promised a member I would let him know if I were to sell the SUT. You will be first after him.

That's ok, just let me know.

Guest Y B

Something with tubes. :)

Guest Runaway

He ain't telling just yet.  Must be exceptional as the Chinook is a great piece of kit (even more exceptional with the Amperex 7308 which are quite costly NOS tubes) - and Bob's device at bargain price.  GLWTS (but don't think you need it!)

Yeah.............great preamp.

Guest Y B

The 1st owner has confirmed that he bought the Chinook in November 2014. It not even 2 year old!

On 06/08/2016 at 11:14 PM, Y B said:

The 1st owner has confirmed that he bought the Chinook in November 2014. It not even 2 year old!

Why'd he sell it?

Guest Y B
Still for sale???

It's no longer for sale.

Guest Y B

Why'd he sell it?

No idea.

I guess like me, when there is an opportunity to get a better gear cheaply then it's time for an upgrade, or just want to try something different to see what it does to you system.

1 minute ago, Y B said:

No idea.

I guess like me, when there is an opportunity to get a better gear cheaply then it's time for an upgrade, or just want to try something different to see what it does to you system.

Yeah.........some people are never satisfied!

(goes looking at catman's posts.........)

Sign in to follow this