WTL - UMIK 1 microphone

Happy

Anyone in Sydney from whom I can loan one? I have one already but I have a feeling there's something wrong with it. Would like to confirm if it's the mic or not. Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a small HP laptop DM1 and it ended up being the laptop that was causing weird readings with my umik-1.

Is it possible it could be the PC you might be using too?

No idea....I use Apple.

The issue is this. Somehow the graph showing after the in-room measurement from my listening seat with Dirac Live (using DDRC-22D) would show a massive decrease in dB from 10kHz.

I thought either the drivers were somewhat faulty. But when I jacked up the problematic region in the miniDSP I could hear some unnatural HF peak/bump and noises, yet the graph remained the same after another measurement.

I haven't captured the graph yet but the issue is similar to this thread: https://www.minidsp.com/forum/hardware-support/11834-umik-1-high-frequency-response-mit-25-db

I've made an enquiry with miniDSP.

I also have a behringer ecm8000 if you want to compare. You will need an audio interface though

Thanks. miniDSP asked for some graphs which will be provided. They also suggested that I try another cable with a shorter length. 

The issue is this. Somehow the graph showing after the in-room measurement from my listening seat with Dirac Live (using DDRC-22D) would show a massive decrease in dB from 10kHz.

Do you have the mic oriented vertically or pointed at the speakers?

Do you have the mic oriented vertically or pointed at the speakers?

pointed at the speakers but a bit upper.....does it have to point at the speakers horizontally? like parallel to the ground?

pointed at the speakers but a bit upper.....does it have to point at the speakers horizontally? like parallel to the ground?

Horizontally with the 0 degree calibration file, vertically with the 90 degree calibration file. You did load the calibration file into DLCT?

Horizontally with the 0 degree calibration file, vertically with the 90 degree calibration file. You did load the calibration file into DLCT?

Yes. Maybe I should try the strictly horizontal measuring this time. Since the tweeters and mid units are pointed downwards from the above normal tweeter level I thought it should be tilted upwards

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...