SOLD: FS: Wilson-Benesch Torus Infrasonic Generator + Amp

Item: Wilson-Benesch Torus Infrasonic Generator + Amp ex-demo
Price: $10,990 (RRP $15,320)
Item Condition: Excellent as per pics!
Payment Method: Any
Extra Info: Also throwing in a speaker cable to connect amp to sub, approx 2m, valued at $500. The sub amp can accept RCA line level, or speaker level input. If you're after a fast sub to match any speaker, even the most demanding applications (including panel speakers), this is your bad boy! Manley amp pictured is not included. 

http://www.krispyaudio.com.au/products/Wilson-Benesch-Torus-Sub-%252d-Ex%252dDemo.html 

Frequency Response:  10 - 150Hz (-6dB @ 18Hz). Impedance: Dual voicecoil, each is 8ohm so 4ohm or 16ohm is possible. Power handling: 1000W peak. Dimensions: 300 x 450mm (H x Diam). Weight: 32kg. Torus amp: 200w Discrete Bipolar discrete coupled, 90 x 430 x 300mm (HxWxD), 10kg.

post-121764-0-11668500-1469006928_thumb.

post-121764-0-11192900-1469006949_thumb.

Edited by Krispy Audio
  • Like 3

So this is a Sub? or is it more like those..I forget the term, the word vibrator keeps coming into my head :) but not of that nature, like the type of device that sends vibrations through the floor or sofa etc?

Guest yamaha_man

You have no idea how many people have walked up to it and thought about giving it a slap on the 'skin' :)

Or how many women want to sit on it once they work out what it can do.  ;)

Would love this!!!!!! One lucky bugger here has two of them! GLWTS brother Cam.

Those big manley mono's are very yummy too, 250 watter tubes. I think I priced some in a former life. Or did I dream it?

They call it an infrasonic generator, but yes it's a sub for all intents and purposes. The fundamental difference is that it uses a push-pull motor rather than relying on a conventional spider (high hysteresis suspension system) to stop the cone's movement. Some people talk about subs as being fast, which incites much debate! But this sub actually is fast if you're referring to being exceptionally well controlled, because its cone position is at all times controlled by electromagnetism. 

So the design is different to a regular subwoofer, but the frequency response of 10Hz - 150Hz still covers the range of an ordinary subwoofer (albeit very low at the low end). 

The 18" carbon fibre cone material is a sight to behold as well :)

• Like 2

Yes I've heard the Torus Subs in a full WB setup--it is a peer amongst the plodding lot of so called Sub Woofers--90% of them are all waffle and no Balls :P

Indeed it is that good it would be the top of my list that would replace my so far as I've heard my Fav Sub--The original Wilson Audio Pow Whow.

GLWTS

Willco

Heard one of these in a friends system  used in conjunction with a pair of "DC10 Audio" horn speakers. The Torus completely transformed the system!! It,s a VERY impressive bit of gear. .. :thumb:

This is great because when you get tired of listening to music you can have a bit of a rest and sit down.

• 2 months later...
  • Administrator

This item has been reported as SOLD.

Congratulations on the sale of your item. If you feel you have benefited from using this system for the sale of an item through our classifieds system then please consider making a donation, Thank you, your support is appreciated and every dollar makes a difference.