Panasonic OLED TVs -when will Australia get them?

us doesnt get them...quite possible we likely wont...

its severely hacked up in price over the donor OLED so not sure how well would stand up for value in any case ?

• Like 1

us doesnt get them...quite possible we likely wont...

its severely hacked up in price over the donor OLED so not sure how well would stand up for value in any case ?

Well that sucks. I am not a fan of LG - they are not known for their reliability.

• Like 1

I am not a fan of LG - they are not known for their reliability.

And after market service...I was once expected to wait 5 months for a new fridge door to arrive into the country!  I chose to throw the fridge out and get a new (non-LG) one...

Well that sucks. I am not a fan of LG - they are not known for their reliability.

we had a washing machine that finally died 12 years after we wanted it to die ... so perhaps they make good washing machines hehe

ps very unfortunately deep in the heart of that pana exterior lies a LG panel thats probably the biggest thing likely to fail in one of those ....

And after market service...I was once expected to wait 5 months for a new fridge door to arrive into the country!  I chose to throw the fridge out and get a new (non-LG) one...

not surprised ! what do they expect you to do for 5 months for a fridge door I wonder ?

yep LG would not be top of our list... we do have a LG fridge as it happens...10 year warranty it says...I just hope we have no problems with its door hehe

• Like 2

Ive had my LG plasma for 4 years without a glitch. Almost everyone of my friends and family that have bought TVs from me have by either luck or design, ended up with LGs and to the best of my knowledge, not one of them has failed.

In store, the TV major brand I've had most problems with has been another Korean brand which I shall not name. This brand also has been the standout when it comes to returns due to unsatisfactory PQ.

I can't testify as to the reliability of LG whitegoods but I sell their TVs with absolute confidence.

Cheers

M

• Like 5

Ive had my LG plasma for 4 years without a glitch. Almost everyone of my friends and family that have bought TVs from me have by either luck or design, ended up with LGs and to the best of my knowledge, not one of them has failed.

In store, the TV major brand I've had most problems with has been another Korean brand which I shall not name. This brand also has been the standout when it comes to returns due to unsatisfactory PQ.

I can't testify as to the reliability of LG whitegoods but I sell their TVs with absolute confidence.

Cheers

M

Yes, I also had a terrible experience with a Sammy Plasma  ;) that I purchased for my parents to use.

But to their credit, they did refund the full price of the TV when it was determined that the TV was faulty. It was just out of warranty.

Took the refund and purchased a Panny LCD. Not as good as a Plasma but my parents aren't fussy. 

• Like 1

When went looking for the Panna range at the Good Guys they said they won't be dealing with it.

I think it is madness on their part (Panasonic) to not sell their OLED TV in markets other than the UK. What are they thinking?

• Like 1

Cheers

M

Not so quick Unclemack,

My brother purchased a Samsung and and LG at the same time, the LG had just failed, it's just been replaced; outside warranty. All the Samsungs in my house and there are 4 haven't failed. One 32inch Samsumg went to a Springvale Nursing home for 4years that's constantly on, I had to pick it up due to my dads passing 2-3 weeks ago.

LG had some real issues in the peace, there Plasmas were failing everywhere and they were a regular on A Current Affair. they have obviously picked up there game.

Samsung isn't without issues either. My Son purchased the 1st 55 inch LED 3D that ever came on the market, out of the box one of the HDMI inputs wasn't working and was the whole unit was replaced the same day.

Sony is another that fails, every Sony product I've ever owned have failed and not repaireable or repaired by me to only last a little longer. There's a range of Sony LCD that just has all sorts of issues.

The thing with panels is that the bigger and thinner they get the easily it is to get damaged in transit or by incorrect opening of the box. Some of the Samsungs had specific instructions on how to get it out of the box safely.

I think it is madness on their part (Panasonic) to not sell their OLED TV in markets other than the UK. What are they thinking?

Don't get me wrong, I love Panasonic products, always been reliable and of high quality. But why would enyone buy a Panasonic OLED where the panels comes directly out of a LG factory at less than 1/2 the price. Unless you're a dedicated Panasonic diehard fan with money.

Supposedly the Pana motion processing addresses a flaw of the LG telly.

@@Sir Triode I think Pana has since completely pulled their whole TV line out of the states. Been a while since I slunk around AVS or similar though so I could be incorrect in my recollections.

• Like 1

Cheers

M

great feedback there um ... this kind of thing is GOLD.... with the LUKCY and the STAR part having fallen off some while ago hehe good to hear of their track record :)

Don't get me wrong, I love Panasonic products, always been reliable and of high quality. But why would enyone buy a Panasonic OLED where the panels comes directly out of a LG factory at less than 1/2 the price. Unless you're a dedicated Panasonic diehard fan with money.

apparently something about the pana processing... not something am convinced with quite frankly would want that validated wiht the annual flat panel testing to believe...otherwise its a bit like the german TV hogwash we were sold for years ... oh you are paying for the processing ....

• Like 1

Supposedly the Pana motion processing addresses a flaw of the LG telly.

@@Sir Triode I think Pana has since completely pulled their whole TV line out of the states. Been a while since I slunk around AVS or similar though so I could be incorrect in my recollections.

definitely the oled not sold there why it didnt get tested as part of the annual flat panel shoot out :)

But the article I posted above seems to say that they will start selling it at the end of this year.

are we going in circles :D ...no not sold NOW ...thats why wasnt part of the recent testing :)

I guess I am biased against Korean manufactured TVs after my bad experience with the Samsung I purchased for my parents. I'd rather have a TV  manufactured by Panasonic since I've had good experience with my Panasonic Plasma TV.

are we going in circles :D ...no not sold NOW ...thats why wasnt part of the recent testing :)

Yes but you alluded that it won't be sold in the US in your initial post.

"us doesnt get them...quite possible we likely wont..."

It will be sold (eventually) in the US but not now. :)

Edited by Sir Triode

Yes but you alluded that it won't be sold in the US in your initial post.

"us doesnt get them...quite possible we likely wont..."

It will be sold (eventually) in the US but not now. :)

I said the "US doesnt get them...."  does that mean it wont ? your article from start of the year says end of the year, pies says theyre pulling out...

time will tell I guess... till then can either play two up or give panasonic a call ? likely they wont even know...they didnt even know whether they were EVER even releasing their uhd blu-ray here...thats how much they seem to be on the ball ! 

• Like 1

I said the "US doesnt get them...."  does that mean it wont ? your article from start of the year says end of the year, pies says theyre pulling out...

time will tell I guess... till then can either play two up or give panasonic a call ? likely they wont even know...they didnt even know whether they were EVER even releasing their uhd blu-ray here...thats how much they seem to be on the ball ! 

They know full well whether they are releasing a product or whether they are not. They just don't want to give anything away. I have rung plenty of companies over the years and they say no idea, no plans,maybe never and then a couple of days later there are ads on TV and all over the Media about the same product I was asking about.

They know full well whether they are releasing a product or whether they are not. They just don't want to give anything away. I have rung plenty of companies over the years and they say no idea, no plans,maybe never and then a couple of days later there are ads on TV and all over the Media about the same product I was asking about.

not true...talked to the marantz guy at the show...was quite specific on model released (un announced)

sammy on their uhd player (said they will release even to the quarter ) as got closer even the date. not all companies are like this.

panasonic release of their uhd player has been all over the shop. wiht the release in the uk not back up with stock ... a fluffed release in the us ...i have no idea why they are treating their us customer base this way, there pretty frustrated. and then the release here ... moving all over the place. not even the retailers really even knew till the end. something is wrong there ...

• 2 weeks later...

The panel is only a part of a modern TV.

Arguably less important than the electronics and firmware.

With Panasonic's proven expertise in video processing, their OLED is most likely to out-perform an LG.

Quite unlike the badge engineered Leica/Panasonic camera clones.

:D

• Like 1