Sign in to follow this  
SHF Staff

SYDNEY Hi-Fi CASTLE HILL 2016 USED, FLOOR STOCK AND DEMONSTRATION CLEARANCE

Sydney Hi-Fi Castle Hill is clearing out excess floor stock, trade in and ex demo products!

Mega%202.jpg

"Click Here" for the terms and conditions and to be directed to the clearance list.

Conditions apply while stocks last!

Please email Michael at castlehill@sydneyhifi.com.au for any assistance

Guest Runaway

VPI vinyl cleaning machine at $650? What a steal.

The Audio Physic Classic 30 look like an interesting design. I'm just not sure if I can risk it :)

The Audio Physic Classic 30 look like an interesting design. I'm just not sure if I can risk it :)

Great sounding speaker and they are on demonstration if you are local and wish to pop in and have a listen!

Apparently they sell them by the truck loads in Europe, just not that well known here. I had a listen to the classic 10 a while ago and they had a big sound for such a slim speaker. The finish on them is superb.

VPI vinyl cleaning machine at $650? What a steal.

Damn I wish I would have read this yesterday.. now sold..

Great sounding speaker and they are on demonstration if you are local and wish to pop in and have a listen!

I would definitely do that if I was in Sydney, but ADL to SYD for a demo is a bridge too far :)

Guest yamaha_man

I loved the Audio Physics room when l was in Sydney buying my TAD's.

Small footprint with a rather large sound. Very well priced also.

@@rantan purchase with confidence, they're a great speaker with a killer finish.

Was hoping for some Kharma on that list, might have been the trigger I've been waiting for :P

Guest yamaha_man

Was hoping for some Kharma on that list, might have been the trigger I've been waiting for :P

Don't hold your breathe waiting for that to occur mate.

Apparently they sell them by the truck loads in Europe, just not that well known here. I had a listen to the classic 10 a while ago and they had a big sound for such a slim speaker. The finish on them is superb.

They do indeed. In Munich I was invited to the Audio Physic dinner with Radiance AV and met dealers from around the world. They're all very passionate about this brand and for many of them it's their number one seller.

Sadly Australia has a small population with every brand in the world essentially available. Makes it hard for brands to stand out on merit and performance alone among so many crowding the marketplace.

Guest yamaha_man

They do indeed. In Munich I was invited to the Audio Physic dinner with Radiance AV and met dealers from around the world. They're all very passionate about this brand and for many of them it's their number one seller.

Sadly Australia has a small population with every brand in the world essentially available. Makes it hard for brands to stand out on merit and performance alone among so many crowding the marketplace.

They impressed me when i heard them, well worth an audition if within budget.

Guest yamaha_man

How were the Kharma speakers at the show mate, surprised there isn't more talk about them on the forum.

I've read many comments about how good the Kharma/Chord system was, both on StereoNET and other forums.

Kharma & Chord @ Sydney HiFi was a big eye opener for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kharma and Karan is a huge combo. One of the best I have heard anywhere.

It's a shame the Karan integrated isn't for sale.

Guest yamaha_man

I did have my sights set on some Karan mono blocks once upon a time but the circumstances weren't in my favour unfortunately.

Stunning pieces of kit l must admit.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By alexb
      Item: Little Dot Mk II Headphone Amplifier
      Price: $SOLD
      Item Condition: Mint
      Reason for selling: Selling head-fi rig
      Payment Method: Pickup, EFT, Cash, Paypal (buyer pays all transaction fees & postage)
      Extra Info:

Great condition and one of the best value headphone amplifiers available. Australian variant with 220v power supply. Upgraded Value Electronic CV4010 KQDD/K and 6H6 VIII tubes.

The device has a single volume knob on the front along with a blue LED and of course, the 6.3mm port. At the back you can find the input and output RCA pots as well as the power button. The specifications of the amp are as follows:

Input: Gold-Plated Unbalanced Phono (RCA) Jacks Output: 1/4" Gold-Plated Stereo Headphone out Driver Tubes: 6JI Power Tubes: 6N6 Frequency Response: 20HZ - 50KHz (-1dB) THD+N: 0.1% (50mW into 300 ohms) Suitable Headphone Impedance: 32 - 600 ohms Pre-Amplifier Output Impedance: 10K ohms Power Output: 300mW into 300 ohms 200mW into 120 ohms 100mW into 32 ohms Average Power Usage: 28 watts Dimensions: 210mm (length) by 110mm (width) by 130mm (height) Weight: 2.5 kg or 5.5 lbs.  
      The Little Dot MK II boasts a SEPP (single ended push pull) circuit (in similar vein to the rest of the MK-series tube amplifiers) greatly increases sound quality, dynamic range, output impedance, and harmonic distortion. The Little Dot MK II also provides gain control of 3, 5, and 10 via internal DIP switches for fine-tuning so you can maximize synergy with almost any headphone you have, whether it be 32 ohms or 600.

Some cheap tube amps have what is called a hybrid design, where the power is provided by a transistor based circuit and the driver circuitry is tube based. Examples of these designs are the headphone amps with only a single vacuum tube (the driver tube). Not only does the Little Dot MK II have a fully tube based design (both power and driver elements are tube based) it actually has independent circuitry for the left and right channels.

So essentially, you have 1 power tube and 1 driver tube for the left channel and 1 power tube and 1 driver tube for the right channel. This is called an SEPP design (think of it as 2 + 2 design).

Photos:

• By dles1972
      Item: FS: Elemental Watson Gen 2 Hybrid Tube Mosfet Headphone Amp
      Price: $150
      Item Condition: mint (besides dust) 
      Reason for selling: no longer needed 
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info: very nice sounding headphone amp. This replaced my Nuforce HDP headphone amp, it just walked all over it when I was A/Bing them which is no small feat if you take 6moon's opinion of the Nuforce's headphone amp being very good indeed. I have barely listened to headphones in a stationery set up in last few years so it's just not being used. Would be lucky to have put 30 hours on it. Purchased new from Jaben for $320 odd...... 
      Can ship...... 

By trimming down on unnecessary luxuries and focusing on core performance, the Watson is able to operate in a dual mono configuration, with a military grade NOS 6AK5 tubes being the center piece of each channel™'s gain stage. Not only does this deliver rich harmonics typical of single ended class-A valve amps but also reduces warm up time of the valves significantly whilst extending the life of each valve to operate at their peak performance for more than 1000 hours per channel.
      Class A Valve/MOSFET hybrid tube desktop headphone amplifier Supports 30- 600 Ohm impedance headphones. Dual Mono Construction Delivers rich harmonics in single-ended topology. Western Electric Triodes Uses two Bell Lab/Western Electric 6AK5 valve tubes yields and produces excellent high-frequency performance. Smart Power Design Eliminates any 'Pop' sound when switching power on/off. Thus, no concern for pulse energy damage to your headphones. Compact and light-weight Easy handling size and small footprint. Portable.  
      Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By CAVL
      Item: JDS EL DAC, ATOM, HIFIMAN HE-4XX, AUDIOQUEST DRAGONGLY RED.
      Price: EL DAC $220 AUD, ATOM Sold, HIFIMAN HE-4XX Sold, DRAGONFLY RED Sold + Shipping.
      Item Condition: JDS EL DAC and ATOM bought on Jun 2019 with 2 years transferable warranty, they have been on my bedside table and are in very good condition, covered when not in use, HE-4XX bought on July from Drop.com has had very little use, I chose another headphones and put this ones in the box, Dragonfly red came in a bundle and box still sealed.
      Reason for selling: Downsizing.
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, Bank Transfer.
      Extra Info: Equipment will be sent on original boxes once the payment is done.

• By Zoet
      Item: Linn Katan 
      Price: $380 price dropped postage included to Eastern states
      Item Condition: 8/10
      Reason for selling: NLR
      Extra Info: I’ve owned these speakers since new Original boxes so they will be well packed All tools included. Were part of an Aktiv system 

• By Vladas
      Item:
      MASTERSOUND INTEGRATED BOX R
      Parallel Single Ended in "Class A" Integrated - Made in Italy

Power: 2 x 35 Watt
      Tubes complement: 2 x ECC802 - 6 x EL34
      Input: 3 line + Phono MM
      Output: 1 line
      Load imped.: 4-8 ohm
      Bandwidth: 18 hz / 25 khz 0 db
      Output Transformer: MastersounD
      Automatic Bias
      Supplied with remote control - R version
      Negative feedback: 0 db
      Dimensions: 43,6 x 40,9 x 18,5 cm
      Weight: 24 Kg
      Made in Italy

Price:  $3000 (RRP - $5200)
      Item Condition: Brand New - still in the box
      Reason for selling: Change of financial situation
      Extra Info: 

Pure Class A  2x35 Watt PSET (Parallel Set) which is used in the very high end tube
      amplifiers like Aries Cerat $30K USD. This gives you uncompromising power to run in pure class A almost any 89+ db speakers.  Lack of power is Achilles weak spot of most tube amplifiers and I believe PSET is the best solution used by the very high end manufacturers. Legendary Mastersound brand - makes PF100 tube amplifier $50K USD. Fabulous musical EL34 tubes. To my knowledge, this model is absolutely the best value for integrated tube amplifier in that price range; made in Italy but priced similarly to comparable Chinese models. Includes very good phono pre-amplifier - same as in the flagship models.  This is Box R version with remote control (cost $330 AUD extra).

Links below shows additional information about The Box and Mastersound brand in general:
      http://www.mastersoundsas.it/1/reviews_4451773.html
      https://soundapproach.com/mastersound-box-r-integrated-amplifier-class-a.html
      https://www.technologyfactory.eu/en/mastersound/integrated-amplifiers/mastersound-box/a-5384-10000401
      https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/axpona-2018-integrated-mastersond-box