Does anybody know if VAF's showroom still opens on Saturdays?

emesbee

The reason I ask this is because I called in there today (Saturday 2nd July) around 2:45pm, and they were shut. Shutters were down and the place was in darkness. No signs posted out the front to explain.

Opening hours according to the VAF website:-

MONDAY TO FRIDAY 9.00AM TO 5.30PM
SATURDAY 9.30AM TO 5.00PM

and no mention of any closures on the website.

I have sent VAF an email to enquire, but don't expect a reply straight away, so thought I'd ask on the forum in case somebody knows.

Perhaps they've all got the election day blues, and Nicked off to the Hi-Fi show in Melbourne.  :)

The reason I ask this is because I called in there today (Saturday 2nd July) around 2:45pm, and they were shut. Shutters were down and the place was in darkness. No signs posted out the front to explain.

Opening hours according to the VAF website:-

MONDAY TO FRIDAY 9.00AM TO 5.30PM
SATURDAY 9.30AM TO 5.00PM

and no mention of any closures on the website.

I have sent VAF an email to enquire, but don't expect a reply straight away, so thought I'd ask on the forum in case somebody knows.

Perhaps they've all got the election day blues, and Nicked off to the Hi-Fi show in Melbourne.  :)

All the VAF team are either in transit or actually at the show in Melbourne AFAIK. I am sure it's a one off, as I have been there a few times on a Saturday

All the VAF team are either in transit or actually at the show in Melbourne AFAIK. I am sure it's a one off, as I have been there a few times on a Saturday

All of them? Does this mean their Adelaide showroom will be closed until the Melbourne show is over? Surely not.

I was seriously considering taking advantage of their 20% off offer on one of their subwoofers.

At the very least, they should put something on their website to inform their customers.

All of them? Does this mean their Adelaide showroom will be closed until the Melbourne show is over? Surely not.

I was seriously considering taking advantage of their 20% off offer on one of their subwoofers.

At the very least, they should put something on their website to inform their customers.

The show special pricing will be available until the end of July so no need for concern :)

Just had a look at the Hi-Fi show website, which says:- 'International HiFi & AV Show, Melbourne in 2016 from July 1st - 3rd'

VAF's email offer says 'International HiFi Show Melbourne on July 1-3' and 'for the four weeks around the International HiFi Show, from Monday, June 20, to Saturday, July 16'.

Hmm, ok, guess I didn't read the email closely enough. Didn't realise the hi-fi show was this weekend. Must have been distracted by the election stuff.

I do think it would be a good idea if VAF would put this sort of information on their website though. Just something like 'Showroom closed on ..... due to .....' under their operating hours tag would be sufficient.

Yes, Most of us are in Melbourne for the show. Ted, Liz and Amanda still in Adelaide but we closed for this Saturday only. Back to normal next week. Sorry for not promoting the day more widely, and please don't be concerned about missing out on the offers. The show is going great BTW. Marc from StereoNet has done a great job. We expect to post a bunch of photo's for those who couldn't make it. Thanks to the all the SA, NSW and ACT StereoNet members who made the journey across for the show, it was great to see you all again.

Cheers,

Phillip

• Like 2

Yes, I should probably have read VAF's email more closely, but I would still have made the assumption that their store would be open, given no information to the contrary.

I daresay there might be potential Adelaide customers who would be unaware of the Melbourne show, and wonder why the store is shut when the website indicates otherwise.

Perhaps I am making a bit of an issue of it, but I do think it is important to make sure the information on the website is accurate.

Yes, I should probably have read VAF's email more closely, but I would still have made the assumption that their store would be open, given no information to the contrary.

I daresay there might be potential Adelaide customers who would be unaware of the Melbourne show, and wonder why the store is shut when the website indicates otherwise.

Perhaps I am making a bit of an issue of it, but I do think it is important to make sure the information on the website is accurate.

Thanks emesbee. Apologies for any inconvenience. It looks to have been an oversight.

Cheers,

Philip

• Like 1

Yes, Most of us are in Melbourne for the show. Ted, Liz and Amanda still in Adelaide but we closed for this Saturday only. Back to normal next week. Sorry for not promoting the day more widely, and please don't be concerned about missing out on the offers. The show is going great BTW. Marc from StereoNet has done a great job. We expect to post a bunch of photo's for those who couldn't make it. Thanks to the all the SA, NSW and ACT StereoNet members who made the journey across for the show, it was great to see you all again.

Cheers,

Phillip

Thanks for the information Phillip, that explains the situation, so no need to reply to my email.

Glad to hear things are going well, the photos look good. Will try to call in to the showroom next Saturday (circumstances permitting).

Cheers.  :)

Edited by emesbee