DynAudio Emit M20 views?

Looks great, congrats!

btw if you end up getting the REL, they work best if connected straight to the speaker terminals, not the sub out.

Awesome thanks man, yeah ive already paid a deposit :) waiting for tax return haha then its all sorted and ready to go, what have you got your crossover set at?

Awesome thanks man, yeah ive already paid a deposit :) waiting for tax return haha then its all sorted and ready to go, what have you got your crossover set at?

Have it at halfway. Works well, the REL is great if watching movies or listening to EDM.

• Like 1

Yes they are a fantastic little combo, I picked them up today :) so good... Have them running in at the moment once no one is home :P

First impressions at home is wow!!! The acoustics have changed from the shop and the bass coming out of these things are phenomenal, even made me wonder do I really need a sub.. Well I am still getting a sub anyway lol as I want a 2.1 system and to see how the Rel T5i fits into my system, I managed to audition the Rel in shop and it sounded pretty good combo with the Dyn's and I know now that my room is going to be perfect for this little combo..

In terms of cables yes I was also sceptical but they do make a difference, I opted for the ETI hybrid cables over the full copper.

When I auditioned with the NAD it had plenty of power for the 160's but what didnt sell me is its lack of features, no DAC/optical inputs / no sub out

Have you thought of the CXA60/M20 combo, there is not much difference between the sonics of the cxa60/80 on the emits, the reason I went for the 80 was for a bit more power and upgrade features, mainly xlr inputs for combo with cxn in the future and if I decide to upgrade my speakers down the line hopefully the amp will still serve me well, The CXA60/M20 combo should be the same price brackets as the NAD356/M20 combo

Looks great   :thumb::)   Enjoy!!!! I bet your looking forward to really testing them out when you get them run-in!

Yeah I did think about the CXA60, but even so those still retail at approx $1,150. Whereas I have seen a few demo C356BEE with full warranty for $850 and I already have a decent DAC so don't need one built in to the amp. In regard to a sub out, the 356B has dual pre out and one can be connected to a external sub if you want so all good on that front.

I will go have a listen when I get a chance again at Living Sound at a Dyn/NAD combo so I can get an idea of the type of sound they would produce. What would you say the difference in sound characteristics was between your CXA/Emit & the NAD/Focus? (if you can remember that is)

Edited by rock

Looks great   :thumb::)   Enjoy!!!! I bet your looking forward to really testing them out when you get them run-in!

Yeah I did think about the CXA60, but even so those still retail at approx $1,150. Whereas I have seen a few demo C356BEE with full warranty for $850 and I already have a decent DAC so don't need one built in to the amp. In regard to a sub out, the 356B has dual pre out and one can be connected to a external sub if you want so all good on that front.

I will go have a listen when I get a chance again at Living Sound at a Dyn/NAD combo so I can get an idea of the type of sound they would produce. What would you say the difference in sound characteristics was between your CXA/Emit & the NAD/Focus? (if you can remember that is)

Did some more listening today and so good :popcorn:  :party  and yes can't wait till the Rel turns up to and integrate that into the system

The guys ay living sound won't be stocking Dynaudio anymore for some reason, but he still had the focus and old dm2/6 which is smaller than the m20 but I didnt listen to that on the NAD so can't compare differences, but the NAD did sound good but was out of my price range in all honesty too, but he only hooked it up to the NAD because I couldn't afford the Rega so he tried to get rid of it. But try and listen to the combo if you can, I'm not sure if they had the smaller NAD so you can listen to it but the focus was defiantly more detailed than the dm2/6 and better soundstage. 

• Like 1

Yeah, I think I'm gunna have to try and get down there to have a listen - I'll ring beforehand and hopefully they still have one of the Dyn's there to test out.

Have fun with your new system, looks & sounds great!!

• 6 months later...
On 7/7/2016 at 8:24 AM, rock said:

Couldn't agree more with that statement, I've only just found out that as well.

I am like you just looking to get into HiFi and thought I'd love the KEF Q300, well my ears also thought different. I haven't taken the plunge yet and won't for a while until we get back from an overseas trip, but at present I have preferred the Monitor Audio Bronze 2's from the few speakers I've had a chance to listen to, and they're nearly half the price of the KEF's, who woulda thought.

Looking to hopefully get a listen to the Emit M20's soon, hopefully this weekend if things play out the way I'd like them to.

Hi Jean,

I am new here. I have recently purchased CXA80+BT100 and Emit20 bookshelf thanks to your review :) I am wondering how long did it take for yours to run in? Or is running in not a thing anymore? What's your latest opinion on your setup if you don't mind sharing?

I am thinking of getting a decent CD player to play some of my CD from back in the days. Wondering what would be a good one without eating too much into my budget. 

Can't wait for my system to arrive.

Edited by jymy
spelling correction

Hi Jean,
I am new here. I have recently purchased CXA80+BT100 and Emit20 bookshelf thanks to your review [emoji4] I am wondering how long did it take for yours to run in? Or is running in not a thing anymore? What's your latest opinion on your setup if you don't mind sharing?

I am thinking of getting a decent CD player to play some of my CD from back in the days. Wondering what would be a good one without eating too much into my budget. 

Can't wait for my system to arrive.

Hey congrats :) on the purchase I'm sure you will love them, I played mine in for about 100 hours before cranking it right up ;)

I'm still extremely satisfied with my system but I did also add a rel t5i sub for the bass and movies works a treat.

Can't really talk about cd transport but I got a blue sound node2 running rca into the amp and living the sound, also have a nas drive with stored music for convenience.

In terms of speaker cables did you get some decent ones? I found for my preference I went with eti cables badger trailing difference ones and they really do make a difference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Lightmaster said:

Hey congrats :) on the purchase I'm sure you will love them, I played mine in for about 100 hours before cranking it right up ;)

I'm still extremely satisfied with my system but I did also add a rel t5i sub for the bass and movies works a treat.

Can't really talk about cd transport but I got a blue sound node2 running rca into the amp and living the sound, also have a nas drive with stored music for convenience.

In terms of speaker cables did you get some decent ones? I found for my preference I went with eti cables badger trailing difference ones and they really do make a difference

That's great to hear. I'm planning to add sub as well down the road.

As for speaker cables, I ended up with Chord Clearway. I have never used this cable before, so I am hoping it's decent enough for the setup. 

Finally set up the amp and speakers. Haven't fiddle with speaker placement yet. Maybe this weekend. Any recommendations? If I leave it close to the wall as pictured, is it best to have some sound deadening materiel place on the wall behind?  

@Lightmaster I will be installing the REL T9 tonight. Did you wire the supplied speakon connector to the CXA80 speaker B connection? And do you wire based on the attached diagram? 

Thanks in advance and apologies for the newbie questions. 

Cheers,

John

T9.jpg

speaker.JPG

Looks good they are way to close to the wall imo, give them some breathing space :) you can move them out when in use and place them back when not, that would be my recommendation.

As for the rel yes I used the supplied high level output and have wired as shown. With the rel, you will need to play around a bit to gets its setting right but once dialled in they sound great.

Also I would first find you speaker placement before playing around with the sub , have those to your liking first then bring in the sub

I also found this article on setting up and tuning the sub. Seem rather technical but worth sharing. 

http://www.avhub.com.au/features/hi-fi/how-to-set-subwoofer-controls-page0-405267

I think I'll just start tuning with ears and if I cannot get it right, I may order the CDs mentioned. 

Edited by jymy