Sign in to follow this  
Super Mustud

Cigar confession

Well, rehab, I am smoking a Siglo 2 outside, next to the heater, with a nice coffee and some Ardbeg by my side. That really is a mighty fine cigar. I doubt that insufficient consumption will be a major problem.

Nice, and I read that they should mature nicely. Same for the Secretos I ended up buying. Ciglos were sold out.

Making the most of things while the bucket wielding Goddess is away, Mustud?

Edited by rehabitat

Nice, and I read that they should mature nicely. Same for the Secretos I ended up buying. Ciglos were sold out.

Making the most of things while the bucket wielding Goddess is away, Mustud?

I'll pm you when the next sale starts. That will give you more time.

I'll pm you when the next sale starts. That will give you more time.

Cheers Mustud, I appreciate that. I think I should be right for a while with the 25 Secretos on the way. I am a reformed cigarette smoker of six years and so discipline, as you know, is the key to long term enjoyment. That is the mantra, anyway ;)

However, if you are interested in sampling some, I will let you know when they arrive.

BTW listening to Boulez/Rite of Spring as I type. Magnificent.

You are alive. That makes it an occasion.

You are alive. That makes it an occasion.

Sounds good to me. I am hoping to go out to an intimate jazz gig tmrw night, providing I can escape early from a family do. The venue serves rare whisky, I am led to believe.

Here's to life, and living. Cheers

Sounds good to me. I am hoping to go out to an intimate jazz gig tmrw night, providing I can escape early from a family do. The venue serves rare whisky, I am led to believe.

Here's to life, and living. Cheers

Make sure you toast the end nicely to ensure a good draw all the way through. Nothing worse than a cigar that starts all wrong.

Enjoy!

I  was at this fantastic Chritmas Party at the ABC ................I was very young............and quite drunk........when a bigwig brought around a box of Cubans.................you had to take one!

Anyway............about half way through this very fine cigar...............I started to feel sick................and yes, I was smoking it like a cigarette,

Thus, after a good couple of chucks, I was an embarrassment for the rest of the night.

I  was at this fantastic Chritmas Party at the ABC ................I was very young............and quite drunk........when a bigwig brought around a box of Cubans.................you had to take one!

Anyway............about half way through this very fine cigar...............I started to feel sick................and yes, I was smoking it like a cigarette,

Thus, after a good couple of chucks, I was an embarrassment for the rest of the night.

Any embarrassment that only lasts a night is hardly worth the effort. A decent embarrassment lasts a lifetime.

Well, I do remember propositioning the wife of a famous director as well!

Well, I do remember propositioning the wife of a famous director as well!

No embarrassment in that if the performance is adequate.

Currently smoking a Zino 3 with a glass of Bowmore Darkest while reading up on Indonesian history and catching up on SNA.

Outside on the front porch with the gas heater going next to me.

Sad to say that I have had to pull out of next Saturday evening's herf in Melbourne at the back of Collins Quarter due to a family commitment. And I had chosen 2 special Cohibas for that night. Ah well.

Currently smoking a Zino 3 with a glass of Bowmore Darkest while reading up on Indonesian history and catching up on SNA.

Thinking of buying some Bowmore Darkest 15 (without cigars - scared of smoking again). How do you like it?

Thinking of buying some Bowmore Darkest 15 (without cigars - scared of smoking again). How do you like it?

Not what I would regard as one of my standards but more of a character whisky. When the mood suits it is grand. Not a huge amount of peat and has a heavier flavour profile than say Laga or Ardbeg. A good change. I am enjoying it tonight. I might have it once every month or so.

Not what I would regard as one of my standards but more of a character whisky. When the mood suits it is grand. Not a huge amount of peat and has a heavier flavour profile than say Laga or Ardbeg. A good change. I am enjoying it tonight. I might have it once every month or so.

Mood changes are standard with whisky flavours. I am leaning towards the other side of peat ATM. Is it sherry influenced?

Mood changes are standard with whisky flavours. I am leaning towards the other side of peat ATM. Is it sherry influenced?

Not after a Zino 3. But yes, has more of sherry influence, well bourbon actually in this case, than most Islays. Smooth but with deep flavour.

Not after a Zino 3. But yes, has more of sherry influence, well bourbon actually in this case, than most Islays. Smooth but with deep flavour.

Have to try it then.

Why not go the Macallan Sherry 10 yo? No longer in production but still available at a very good price here.

http://www.nicks.com.au/Product/View/The-Macallan-Sherry-Oak-10-Year-Old-Single-Malt-Scotch-Whisky-(700ml)/477298

The newer Macallan is matured in bourbon casks, so this is one to try and buy more of quickly if you like. I think that sherry barrels are something like 10 times the price of bourbon barrels, so that tells you the way of the future.

Why not go the Macallan Sherry 10 yo? No longer in production but still available at a very good price here.

http://www.nicks.com.au/Product/View/The-Macallan-Sherry-Oak-10-Year-Old-Single-Malt-Scotch-Whisky-(700ml)/477298

The newer Macallan is matured in bourbon casks, so this is one to try and buy more of quickly if you like. I think that sherry barrels are something like 10 times the price of bourbon barrels, so that tells you the way of the future.

Thanks for the tip, will try it too.

Spent a very enjoyable evening tonight with ferchersan at the Opera House, where we saw the Brodsky Quartet perform some Shostakovich.

Afterward at the bar on the Quay nearby, we each smoked a Rafael Gonzalez Petit Corona, firstly with a Duvel Trappist ale then onto an Hennessey XO cognac. What an amazing combination, the cognac elevating an already fine cigar to another level.

Life is grand.

Spent a very enjoyable evening tonight with ferchersan at the Opera House, where we saw the Brodsky Quartet perform some Shostakovich. Afterward at the bar on the Quay nearby, we each smoked a Rafael Gonzalez Petit Corona, firstly with a Duvel Trappist ale then onto an Hennessey XO cognac. What an amazing combination, the cognac elevating an already fine cigar to another level. Life is grand.

Shostakovich+cigars+cognac=decadence

Down at Inverloch for the day as the new washing machine and dryer get delivered tomorrow. Mrs Mustud stayed at home as there were a few things she wanted to do.

So what to do this afternoon?

Open a lovely Savvy and smoke an Upman 46 Magnum of course. These ones are 2005 vintage and are smoking beautifully. Beautiful out on the porch with the sun and the birds chirping.

I have decided to not bother with anything other than Cuban from now on. Yes, every now and then you get one that does not draw very well, however the flavour suits me just so well.

I hope the washing machine delivery goes well.

Edit. And yes, there should be 2 "n's" in Upmann.

Edited by Super Mustud

Nice. Isn't it wonderful the way a cigar makes one stop and appreciate the good things?

I read on "another forum" that if your Cuban draws tight when cold, pop it in the fridge for a couple of hours and all will be well. This comes direct from the Pres.

Nice. Isn't it wonderful the way a cigar makes one stop and appreciate the good things?

I read on "another forum" that if your Cuban draws tight when cold, pop it in the fridge for a couple of hours and all will be well. This comes direct from the Pres.

What would he know? He's got a monkey smoking a cigar as his forum logo. While wearing a hat. Everyone knows that monkeys do not wear hats.

A monkey with style. That savvy must have been good. :)

I like their other logo, with Gargett flipping the bird, in fine Churchillian style. Cheeky.