Sign in to follow this  
Super Mustud

Cigar confession

Yeah I've got a small humidor. Got a few Partagas shorts in there but I think they were a dud batch or something as they burnt very unevenly, so hadn't enjoyed a good cigar for a few months before today. Have a couple of 5 Vegas Gran Reservas in there as well which I must try soon.

I seldom smoke these days, however I still enjoy one or two cigars each year.

This year I smoked a Zino Classic No 7 while cousin puffed away contentedly on a far more potent Bolivar.

These were stashed cigars from before the time the tobacco legislation of 2012 was rather foolishy (IMO) also applied to fine cigars.

Anyway, the more mild Zino suited me perfectly while the Bolivar was obviously also appreciated. Cousin gave me 5 of the Zinos. I should be OK for the next 2 years.

Anyone else enjoy a cigar over Easter?

I'm starting to have a little more time on my hands, at least when the Goddess has forgotten to remind me of something she had suggested I do, and I am recasting my mind to further aspects of the Good Life.

What does a valve and whisky man do when this occurs? It is obvious. One orders a humidor, some Cohibas, a box of Arturo Fuente Hemingways and some nice Zinos for the kiddies.

They should go well with the Hawaiian shirts that arrived last week and that nice Dianna Krall cd that the Goddess loathes.

But first I have some chores that I apparently want to do...

My bubinga humidor from Cuban Crafters arrived today. Gorgeous. Could not be happier. My expectation was nowhere near what I got. Laughably low price.

Mr Mustud is currently going through their site to look for jewellery boxes. I told her she needed the wall unit model.

My bubinga humidor from Cuban Crafters arrived today

Which one did you get?

Which one did you get?

This one, Mr G.

http://www.cubancrafters.com/products/BUBINGA-HUMIDOR-%252d-CUBAN-CRAFTERS-COLORES-MADERA-WOOD-HUMIDORS-%252d-SPANISH-CEDAR-INTERIOR-%252d-HOLDS-100-CIGARS.html

Note fingerprints on lid. Yes, I should have wiped them off. The humi is bubinga to match the speakers and cd & dvd cabinets made for me by Aranmar. I am very happy with the humi. And yes, there are more cigars on order. I have replaced the original humidifier with a Heartfelt beads unit.

Humidor-1_zps0d392b3a.jpg

Humidor-2_zps74fa1f47.jpg

Hmmm...how did this appear?

Edited by Super Mustud

Spinning Moulinie, supping on the old man's Tawny.

What do I smoke??

Spinning Moulinie, supping on the old man's Tawny.

What do I smoke??

I find myself in just the same predicament.

I tell myself "Save your lungs, fool. You will need them in the years ahead."

I find myself in just the same predicament.

I tell myself "Save your lungs, fool. You will need them in the years ahead."

Yes, but one doesn't normally inhale cigar smoke. Some will get there anyway, but it is not like with ciggies. You may already be aware of that, rehab, however some may not.

I think the Goddess will keep my cigar intake to well below any statistically measurable danger. I can still look at them, though. They smell lovely. A few more boxes of cigars have arrived. Happy to state that duty and GST was paid on all of them. The second humidor should be here in June. Once it is made in China.

Yes, but one doesn't normally inhale cigar smoke. Some will get there anyway, but it is not like with ciggies. You may already be aware of that, rehab, however some may not.

I think the Goddess will keep my cigar intake to well below any statistically measurable danger. I can still look at them, though. They smell lovely. A few more boxes of cigars have arrived. Happy to state that duty and GST was paid on all of them. The second humidor should be here in June. Once it is made in China.

While I am aware one does not deliberately inhale a cigar, it is not possible to completely avoid it. I smoked a (portion of) stale R&J at my Dad's flat up on Bribie the other week, late at night while I was clearing it out. My lungs did not appreciate it and they let me know later. I guess emphysema is in my genes.

I wish I could indulge some more, but it's for the best that I don't, except maybe once, every now and then...

While I am aware one does not deliberately inhale a cigar, it is not possible to completely avoid it. I smoked a (portion of) stale R&J at my Dad's flat up on Bribie the other week, late at night while I was clearing it out. My lungs did not appreciate it and they let me know later. I guess emphysema is in my genes.

I wish I could indulge some more, but it's for the best that I don't, except maybe once, every now and then...

My cousin will not let me smoke R&J's. He says they are for ciggie smokers who have already stuffed their taste buds and lungs.

They are popular in Asia!

Cousin prefers I stick with skinny Davidoffs, however my ego demands Cohibas as well. Will I ever get to smoke the Siglo vi's and Pyramide Extras now ageing at chez Mustud? Maybe one per year of each at most. But they are beautiful. As it turns out, a Siglo 1 does me quite nicely.

My cousin will not let me smoke R&J's. He says they are for ciggie smokers who have already stuffed their taste buds and lungs.

They are popular in Asia!

Cousin prefers I stick with skinny Davidoffs, however my ego demands Cohibas as well. Will I ever get to smoke the Siglo vi's and Pyramide Extras now ageing at chez Mustud? Maybe one per year of each at most. But they are beautiful. As it turns out, a Siglo 1 does me quite nicely.

Haha, thanks for the glowing tips. Yeah, she was a bit rough for an ex-smoker!

Sounds to me like you need to invite guests even more frequently, make a dent in the stash ;)

Sounds to me like you need to invite guests even more frequently, make a dent in the stash ;)

Do you think that Luc would enjoy a Cohiba and a single malt?

Do you think that Luc would enjoy a Cohiba and a single malt?

I have little doubt that would be true. This is SNA, where indulgence and ideology become strange bedfellows.

I am slowly but surely forming the view that a great hand rolled cigar is as close to luxury and complexity that one can access in current society.

Cigars and whisky have so much in common, and the aging and storage aspect of cigars, together with the history behind them make them intensely rewarding. I guess so long as you don't have them ever day. A bit like a woman.

Isn't it ironic that some of the finest pleasures in life can kill you when taken to excess. Like cigars, and women.

Thank the heavens for music! Just not too loud...

Isn't it ironic that some of the finest pleasures in life can kill you when taken to excess. Like cigars, and women.

Thank the heavens for music! Just not too loud...

I think that when Bill Clinton said that he did not inhale that woman he showed us the path to greatest pleasure.

Fine cigars are one of the few untapped paths to discerning gratification these days.

These arrived yesterday. Quite happy to pay import duty and GST. Still way under Aussie price and with correct labelling and packaging. I'm having fun.

Piramides_zpsa38af757.jpg

I hesitate to post this link in case there are kiddies reading (but why would they be in the Chill Out area?), however these prices are sensational. Only another 30 or so hours to go. I have placed my order for another 25 Siglo 2's for $192. The import and GST on that will be $59.69 (I know, I have ordered previously). That is a super price.

http://www.cigarsofhabanos.com/specials.aspx

Edited by Super Mustud

Cigars cost some money and stuff up your lungs.

But

I guess it is a lot cheaper and dangerous than grog, drugs, fast women and fast cars.

Bonus is that you can enjoy it in peace while listening to music.
Enjoy

Edited by Jventer

I hesitate to post this link in case there are kiddies reading (but why would they be in the Chill Out area?), however these prices are sensational. Only another 30 or so hours to go. I have placed my order for another 25 Siglo 2's for $192. The import and GST on that will be $59.69 (I know, I have ordered previously). That is a super price.

http://www.cigarsofhabanos.com/specials.aspx

Hmmm, I was eyeing off a box of ten Ciglo only IIs last week. They seem to be out of stock but the 5x5 isn't that much dearer now....

What am I going to do with 25 Cohibas?

Hmmm, I was eyeing off a box of ten Ciglo only IIs last week. They seem to be out of stock but the 5x5 isn't that much dearer now....

answered your own question

Haha yeah. The "flash sale" mustud alluded to earlier just ended :( but miraculously the 15 box (not ten) of ciglo II has reappeared, for $166.00.

Being a beginner, I'll try that and a $20 humidor to age them for a few months.

edit: cigarsofhabanos website is acting weird. Now the sale/availability of Ciglo II is reversed to what it was earlier!?!

Edited by rehabitat

Well, rehab, I am smoking a Siglo 2 outside, next to the heater, with a nice coffee and some Ardbeg by my side. That really is a mighty fine cigar. I doubt that insufficient consumption will be a major problem.