New Cables from LenehanAudio

Lenehan Audio

Hey guys. Just letting you know I went up to finally meet Mike after buying cables off him for years and having chats on the phone. First of all as you guys know, his ML5s are a special speaker. It's like taking off a layer and seeing through the music with about a 50 foot soundstage! 

Anyway I was picking up a pair of his xlrs to use between my deqx and my power amps. I knew straight away after I replaced them in my system they were another level. The music seems so much more focused and detailed. I was already using his new speaker cables too so this is saying something. Every step of the way I am getting better gains with mike's cables. 

I'm really enjoying my system with these in at the moment. Going to have to explore getting some of his rcas between by Dac and deqx and see if there is a jump there as well. 

Either way Mike, as you know, your cables are fantastic. Nice meeting you up there 

• Like 5

• 2 months later...

I too have Mike's Foil Flex speaker cables and interconnects, in conjunction with ML2 ref speakers and a Prima Luma Dialogue HP valve amp. What a combination! With the cables I used to have [Nordost and Chord], my system sounded fantastic. Well, that was until I was able to audition some Foil Flex cables thanks, to Mike. The rest is history. I'm sooooo happy with my system. Now all I need are the speaker toppers, the isolation platforms, the upgrade for my amp [done by Mike] and money for some tube rolling. By the sound of things, I don't think my wife will ever be able to retire. And it's all Mike Lenehan's fault, for being such a HiFi genius and making stuff that is so good at such bargain prices. Cheers Warwick.

• Like 2

On ‎11‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 5:42 PM, A J said:

He is a guru that’s for sure - I still think the Grandinote/ML5 combo I heard is probably the best I’ve ever heard

Sort of happy I never heard it. :D 

Would have been great to meet you though AJ.

Edited by Darren69
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Decided to give my QUAD ESL 2057s ( modernised 57s) an Aussie present! ?
With ribbons?.

I’ve had to run the speaker cable in front of the near speaker, because my components are on the side wall. Needed a slightly longer cable. Decided after 12 years with Chord Epic Twin to try something different a ribbon type cable from Australia - Lenehan Audio Foilflex SC with KLIE Copper Harmony bananas and ETI Copper spades. 

They sound absolutely superb!

ps. Note my high end cable lifters!?

4D8ED5D7-16B5-4869-80D3-9FD4AC96914D.jpeg

5D052E06-6344-42F3-95E9-C4CE897ACCD3.jpeg

D8152750-870D-4AB2-8B45-554C51D604BA.jpeg

5D0F5DAB-7ABF-4927-8C19-A91F979A6348.jpeg

• Like 1

Guest Muon N'

@vivianbl Nice!

Although, how close is that power cable to that bend in the cables that runs parallel? Just concerned it could be too close and running parallel. This stuff would be easy if we could see magnetic fields ;)

2 hours ago, Muon N' said:

@vivianbl Nice!

Although, how close is that power cable to that bend in the cables that runs parallel? Just concerned it could be too close and running parallel. This stuff would be easy if we could see magnetic fields ;)

Oh yes, I hadn’t noticed that as the power cable is behind the curtains! Will readjust to give more seperation.

I was trying to layout the near side speaker cable to avoid forming a coil! 

Finally got my Foil Flex XLR Interconnects and Speaker cables well and truly "burnt" in and am very happy with my investment. You will see in my system set up a major space problem so I came up (assisted by Bunnings) with a FoilFlex Speaker cable "stand". Amazing how much time and $ you can go through in retirement. Anyway keeps the cables in check.741541487_2019-05-0608_25_46.jpg.69266e89b0573c35d21e8dd35f14740b.jpg

2019-05-06 08.26.16.jpg

2019-05-06 08.25.32.jpg

2019-05-06 08.25.21.jpg

• Like 1

Bunnings sell a variety of anti-vibration pads ; these are the smallest 10cmx10cm (pack of 4 is $5) ; glue them to a piece of MDF on either side and mount two pieces of dowel covered in shrink-wrap in one side. The black rubber knobs I think come from Clark Rubber 50 cents each. Bunnings also sell round felt "feet" to stick on the bottom. Not sure if there is any sonic benefit but they are way cheaper than some cable stands on the market. Inakustik (Germany) make a really nice cable stand but at 10 for over $500....Bunnings is a winner!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, 075Congo said:

Bunnings sell a variety of anti-vibration pads ; these are the smallest 10cmx10cm (pack of 4 is $5) ; glue them to a piece of MDF on either side and mount two pieces of dowel covered in shrink-wrap in one side. The black rubber knobs I think come from Clark Rubber 50 cents each. Bunnings also sell round felt "feet" to stick on the bottom. Not sure if there is any sonic benefit but they are way cheaper than some cable stands on the market. Inakustik (Germany) make a really nice cable stand but at 10 for over $500....Bunnings is a winner!

Thanks for the info, but it sound a bit too DIY for a clumsy, lazy sod like me, :)