Gain settings to get the best SN ratio.

Hi Everyone

I want to properly set up my Pioneer LX-52 after putting up with the settings from my previous lounge for way too long.

I've gone through every aspect of options on the unit and have discovered I've got three sections for volume (four if you include the volume from my Pre-amp for the front speakers) and I need some advice.

To get the best signal to noise ratio, how should the volume setting be prioritised??

In my equaliser section, I have a volume for individual speakers called "Trim"

Then in the speaker settings section, I have the option to set the volume of the individual speakers as well.

Then of course, I have the main volume control.

On a separate note, I run my front outs to my pre-amp where the volume control is set to 12:00 o'clock and have set the volume within the speakers section accordingly.

In the same way when running digital music from a computer and they recommend having the volume of the PC at 100%, how should I run the various AVR volumes??

Turn your digital sources up to max, and your analogue sources up as high as possible (but not so they clip the analogue input on the AVR)

Set trim to zero if you are not using it for anything particular

Use the speaker volumes to balance the levels of each speaker as required - otherwise, set them to zero

• Like 1

Thanks Dave

Your description is pretty much how they are, so that makes me a happy panda.

I've misplaced the mic to run the MCACC measurements, but much prefer to run a manual setup anyways.

It threw me when I came across the additional Trim setting.

Thanks again.