The New Onkyo range of AV gear looks good. Even something as simple as built in Googlecast is great, I would be able to just select my media on Plex and cast straight to it. Better than Yamaha's Musiccast that really is annoying me big time, so slow to load all my music files.

Also being that Onkyo have a deal with MQA (their DAP has just been updated with MQA) their receivers should also be MQA compatible?

Hopefully Integra get the same sort of treatment soon.

Dropping Audyssey XT32 is unforgiveable.

Yeah, I won't be upgrading to the newest processor for this very reason. I was told it was because the trend in the us is to treat the room now. Really? How many would really do this? 5% of owners?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe the tech reason is because of the extra number crunching ability needed for ATMOS and DTS-X.

Apparently wasn't enough left to also support Audyssey. :unsure:  :(

Of course simply charging a few extra bucks for the required extra processing was too obvious I guess.  :emot-bang:

I'll be sticking with my Integra 80.3 for a while yet. :D 

Yeah, I won't be upgrading to the newest processor for this very reason. I was told it was because the trend in the us is to treat the room now. Really? How many would really do this? 5% of owners?

Heh.   EQ and fixing room issues, aren't an either/or type of thing.   You can't simply replace one with the other.

I believe the tech reason is because of the extra number crunching ability needed for ATMOS and DTS-X.

I just thought it was because Onkyo make their own competing system - and so they only provide that now.   Called AccuEQ or something.

Dave,

If that is the case then it sure ain't much of a contest!!!! :(

If this starts becoming a trend amongst other Manufacturers that are using Audyssey then discerning ATMOS and DTS-X fans may

need to have a look at outboard EQ solutions like DIRAC.

Over the years I have heard Sony's DCAC, Pioneers MCACC, Yamaha's YPAO and all versions of Audyssey (except Pro)

IME........XT32 trumps the lot.  

Edited by JohnL

Good Feedback, may wait to see what Integra offers.

Same as Onkyo. Newest flagship Integra processor (DHC80.6) which is the "update" of mine does include ATMOS but loses XT32 in favour of their own in house EQ system which measures 1!!!!! listening position :emot-bang: :emot-bang: :emot-bang: :emot-bang: :emot-bang:. I don't plan to run ATMOS anytime soon.

I had an opportunity to upgrade under warranty and decided to have my 80.3 repaired.

• Like 2

Same as Onkyo. Newest flagship Integra processor (DHC80.6) which is the "update" of mine does include ATMOS but loses XT32 in favour of their own in house EQ system which measures 1!!!!! listening position :emot-bang: :emot-bang: :emot-bang: :emot-bang: :emot-bang:. I don't plan to run ATMOS anytime soon.

I had an opportunity to upgrade under warranty and decided to have my 80.3 repaired.

Also, Onkyo/Integra's AccuEQ doesn't do any equalisation for L&R speakers. It's absolute bare bones because they were too stingy to add an extra processor for Atmos etc.  The joys of having a business now part owned by private equity.

• 1 year later...

I heard that they dropped the programmable remote now.  For me that was a great selling point. I use my current Onkyo remote for everything. And I have a Logitech Harmony elite. I'm now researching a new setup with Atmos and UHD,  and naturally gravitated toward Onkyo. Now I don't know. 

I have just picked up a second hand 1year old Integra 70.6. I personly dont have a problem with the lack of audyseey it is set up with the onboard system and imho sound the best i have heard in my room. I have never been a really big fan of audyseey my self felt it killed all the bass in my system.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, powerav said:

That's a bit rough but at least you have 12 months warranty on an older product.

I know, they had no more stock, so it was either return or repair. It was a good deal which would be hard to beat for a long time. So in for repair. Would be nice to have back for the grand final fingers crossed