FS: Naim CDS3 CD Player and Naim XPS2 Power Supply

Item: Naim CDS3 CD Player with dedicated Naim XPS2 Power Supply
Price:
$6500 or best offer
Item Condition: Truly immaculate, always kept in a dedicated music room and doted over.
Reason for selling: I have moved to a full streaming solution
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, EFT, PayPal

Delivery Options: I would prefer pickup as the XPS2 especially is a heavy. However I can post at the buyers cost as both items have their original boxes.

Extra Info:

For sale is my Naim CDS3 with Naim XPS2 power supply. The combination is very analogue sounding, smooth yet detailed and dynamic. Both units are built to an extremely high quality and are in perfect condition.

The combination is widely regarded as one of the best CD reference sources. What HiFi summed up their review of this pair with “Overall, we have no doubt this is one of the best CD players money can buyâ€. You can see the full review here -  http://www.whathifi.com/naim/cds3xps2/review

The player has both RCA’s and DIN outputs so it can be used with any pre-amplifier / integrated amplifier and it plays all CD’s, HDCD’s, and CDR ‘s.

Both items come complete with all their original boxes, packing, accessories, transit screws, remote control, instructions, leads etc. etc. plus I will also supply a couple of spare brand new pucks for the CDS3.

I’m only selling these as I now used a dedicated music server.

Pictures:

post-118150-0-53601300-1465093566_thumb.

post-118150-0-67919100-1465093574_thumb.

post-118150-0-97761000-1465093581_thumb.

post-118150-0-53987800-1465093594_thumb.

post-118150-0-96766000-1465093603_thumb.

post-118150-0-36500900-1465093613_thumb.

post-118150-0-32239900-1465093623_thumb.

post-118150-0-38401200-1465093641_thumb.

• Like 1

Nice........What year of manufacture ??

cheers Tase.

Thanks Tase. The CDS3 was manufactured in 2004. I bought it from my Naim dealer in 2009 after the original owner traded it for a CD555. I bought the XPS2 brand new at the same time so that was manufactured in 2009.

Both have been fantastic and the only reason for sale is that I have transfered all my music to a dedicated server now and I just don't use the CDS3 anymore.

Cheer

Paul

Something tells me that CD players and CDs will go the same way as records and record players went. I remember back in early 90s people scrambled to get out of records and record players. And now look, records are so so popular.  

This player is truly a great player and is very sought after. Whoever buys this will love it. I have kept mine and will not sell it. GLWS and well done to the new buyer. 

• Like 2

Something tells me that CD players and CDs will go the same way as records and record players went. I remember back in early 90s people scrambled to get out of records and record players. And now look, records are so so popular.  

This player is truly a great player and is very sought after. Whoever buys this will love it. I have kept mine and will not sell it. GLWS and well done to the new buyer.

I agree and have thought long and hard about parting with it. I think it's already a classic player and will be sort after in the future a bit like the Linn Sondek.

I was going to sell my CD's as well, like I did with my vinyl, but have decided to hold on to them for now :-|

Cheers

Paul

if you don't mind me asking, what server / system are you using to replace this player.

thanks Kev.

Hi Kev

It's taken quite a lot of trail and error but I believe I've now got a system that comes close to the sound quality CDS3, but it doesn't better it. I use a dedicated MacMini with Audirvana playout software feeding a Chord Hugo TT DAC via a Curious USB lead. It was good that during my trails and experimentation I had the CDS3 to use as a reference and I wouldn't have contined down the server path unless I could get close to its sound quality. Once I got close I ripped all my CD's using dBpoweramp

Now I only wish that CD quality downloads were more readily available (as opposed to mp3 or HiDef/DSD) and that someone would develop a format that had ALL the album artwork embedded including sleeve notes etc.

Cheers

Paul