Gieseler Audio

DAC Preamp wish list

Now to shortlist a suitable power amp to match. While funds build ever-slowly in the meantime, the Klein Dac/Pre will be feeding into my Exposure 2010S2 (integrated).

Sponsor

That Exopsure 2010S2 looks really nice Adam - bet it sounds good too.

Sounds fantastic. Can't wait till I can find some Polymax XHD batts and give the room some treatment - it's well and truly the weakest link at the moment.

Clay, I'll be watching the thread closely for updates after listening tests. How long are we talking here? Few weeks?

Either way do we have an idea of pricing yet?

Exciting stuff!

Matt

Edited by matt200sr

Sponsor

Hi Matt,

I'm expecting the boards to arrive late next week & then say another week for fine tuning, firmware tweeking etc.

Pricing; roughly arround 2k to 2.5k depending on what options are selected. I just need to catch up on some PSU, DAC orders & then I will work out an accurate breakdown.

Sponsor

The boards arrived late yesterday so I have made a start. This is a serious build with three PCB's & the main one being about double the size of a Klein DAC. For all the signal switching I'm using a nice Japanese Omron relay - a sealed unit with gold plated contacts.

Also a few other tasty components I will tell you about later.

Sponsor

Well finally after a super busy week filling DAC & PSU orders I managed to get the prototype up & running.

All good which is a relief as there was a lot of new PCB cad work & one mistake can stop everything.

I will take it home for the weekend & see how she sounds after an overnight run in.

post-112957-0-39523000-1469250126_thumb.

Edited by Gieseler Audio

Sponsor

OK it now has a few hours run in time & I thought mid morning while I'm nice & fresh would be a good a time for a quick listen with a bit of volume.

Now I'm totally biased as it's my product so take this with a grain of salt.

OMG! this thing is a major step up from a Klein DAC & way better than my beloved Konvertor valve output DAC.

The sound stage is totally amazing, it just goes way beyond the speakers with incredible height. Bass is massive & a bit overblown but that is typical signature of un run-in Silmic II caps. They need at least two hundred hours to sound right.

OK enough of my ranting, next move is to get it in a proper case & over to some independent listeners for some unbiased feedback.

It will take a little while as I have another busy week with orders & a BAS to do.

Edited by Gieseler Audio

Now I'm very excited !!........ Must be patient

Well done Clay