Running Bare Wire

Quick question, just picked up this new amp and want to make sure the terminals are ok with bare wire. I think I can but want to make sure rather than find out by trial and error as it's valve, and I don't want damage caused by a dodgy speaker connection. 

My cables have BFA connectors on the amp end, I'm hoping I can just pop them off and run bare wire until I can pick up some better cables.

I presume the amp's terminal will also work with spades? I've always used bananas (and the BFAs while I had a Linn amp), thinking I might try spades next. 

post-153055-0-02879000-1462690354_thumb.

post-153055-0-86952500-1462690388_thumb.

Those existing plugs could be taken apart and then remove the cable. You could reassemble later if ever need be.

Yes bare wire will go nicely into those connectors.

Just make sure there are no stray strands from the cable ends when you tighten it up.

You can push the cable through those holes or wrap it slightly around as you tighten down.

Edited by rocky500

Yes bare wire will go nicely into those connectors.

That's great, thanks for confirming. 

Just make sure there are no stray strands from the cable ends when you tighten it up.

Do you mean make sure all strands are in the hole, or that none are sticking out the other side?

That looks very much like a Weston Acoustics amp (which I also have) :)

As Rob has indicated, just remove those connectors, twist the stranded wire thoroughly, insert through amplifier output terminal holes and tighten firmly.

Doesn't matter about wire sticking out other side of holes as long as it is not touching anything else metallic, like the amp case or adjoining terminal.

Pretty sure spades would work as well, if that is the way you decide to go.

• Like 1

@@LogicprObe

unfortunately I couldn't help myself either ...... I had to listen too  :wacko: 

What's worse .... the finger clicking, ....the gum chewing 'happy' hand clapping teens ....those shirt cuffs, ...his funky walk 'n dance moves .....or that terrible terrible song ..... 

It's now stuck in my head ... what ever you do ........don't watch that video .. :emot-bang:

• Like 1