Noticed in news from Munich, courtesy of marantz Deutschland that there is a new marantz premium SA series...

Including a new SA-10 disc player...

post-125306-0-48414300-1462615459_thumb.

And it's matching integrated

post-125306-0-12585700-1462615494_thumb.

Both with balanced connectivity...wonder if case of long live the SA-11 and welcome to New SA-10 ?

• 1 month later...

Looks to be nice gear.  This range I think is to continue Marantz high-end products - not available until January 2017.  More pictures and discussion in this thread:

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f6-dac-digital-analog-conversion/sa-10-digital-analogue-converter-disc-player-new-premium-series-marantz-28504/

Ken Ishiwata : http://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=13&v=h_-aShUYDEo

Interesting. I suppose the player will be above the SA-11S3 in terms of pricing and performance, maybe in the 4000-5000€ range.

This page has a more close up picture of the back and some more info:

SPECIAL: Die High End 2016 – Impressionen von Dali, Denon, Elac, Marantz und Panasonic | AREA DVD

The player has a newly developped Marantz-exclusive disc drive ("SACD-M3") and the external DAC input supports up to DSD256 and 32/384 PCM.

Marantz-SA-10-Back.jpg

What's so special about the new PM-10 ? Well, the Dual Mono amp has a separate power supply for the preamp and volume. You can also find inside the amplifier symmetrical and fully analog circuitry with HDAM, taken directly from the Marantz SC-7 (the Legendary series).

Marantz-PM-10-Inside.jpg

Furthermore, the SA-10 includes the Marantz developed SACD-M3 disc-transport technology, supports (SA)CDs, has aUSB-B port for Hi-res audio in PCM/DXD format (32bit/384kHz) and DSD (up to 11.2 mHz). SACD player will, like the PM-10, be available in the fall. The price of this is unfortunately still unknown. Â»

• Like 1

some good info :)

yeah price ? probably the scary part ! 

with a long passion with marantz disc spinners .... am very interested in what this turns out like, no doubt what they had at munich was a development mule.

I wonder if the mule will visit our hifi show locally .... marantz definitely seem to have their new premium range on show it would seem but that looks a level below the sa11 whereas the 10 series a level above :)

I'm so excited - the new marantz player can play dsd files from discs!!!

The SA-10 has both disc playback and USB input, with format compatibility all the way up to DSD11.2/256 – even with files burned onto data discs, thanks to a new SACDM-3 transport – and upconverts all incoming file formats to DSD11.2 before conversion to analogue.

However, does anybody know - are the sa10 XLR output wired pin2 hot?

Edited by jeromelang

I would suspect that Marantz would follow their previous practice............ but I cannot remember what it was - its printed on the back of all their SACD/products that support XLR

Here you go

post-113319-0-68314400-1466735401_thumb.

post-113319-0-75623300-1466735418_thumb.

The s1 annoyingly had that , my Luxman similarly pin3 hot ! No big deal just configured my xlr cable to swap pins one end :)

Marantz on the s2 and s3 made it assignable if I remember. And their flag ship amps I owned a the big Denon Avp also allowed assign ability for pin outs so they covered both ways :)

• 5 months later...

http://www.whathifi.com/news/marantz-reveals-more-details-10-series-reference-range?utm_content=bufferf62e4&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

bit more info on the new sa10... and matching amp. prices in the new year. looks like in the uk in feb with a 6k GBP price

On 24/06/2016 at 0:12 PM, jeromelang said:

I'm so excited - the new marantz player can play dsd files from discs!!!

However, does anybody know - are the sa10 XLR output wired pin2 hot?

Marantz like most Japanese gear including Accuphase tend to follow the arcane practice of wiring pin 3 hot, so unless you run all marantz / all accuphase etc the output will be inverted and require inversion. I believe at least accuphase give you a phase switch. 

Edited by CryptiK

Hi cryptik that was case with the sa11s I believe changed with the sa11 s2 sa11s3 as give choice :)

same with d&m products eg the flag ship $15k denon Avp-a1hd they let you choose :) 

ps my luxman d06 dacs player is pin3 hot. Had to get my xlr cable rewired one end !

• Like 1

It's the same with my PM11S2. Interestingly the manual says that the signal may be phase inverted, in which case refer to "analog output connector phase switching". Only thing is nowhere in the manual is "analog output connector phase switching" mentioned apart from there.

the sa10 and pm 10 are pin 2 hot :) 

Marantz-SA10-rü-1024x819.png

Marantz-PM10-2.jpg

not that I think its a major issue if wasnt pin 2 hot and was pin 3 hot instead. since if using both amp and disc player together it would have been non issue. if using with something that is say pin 2 hot then just matter of getting pin 2 and 3 swapped at one end of an interconnect :)

• 4 months later...

Anybody heard or seen in captivity yet ? 

Have seen a couple of small reviews where it gets the thumbs up - tho they also seem a bit rehas the marketing talk too

But at nearly $10k so it should ? 

http://clefhifi.com.au/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=2958

Edited by cafe67

appears CAV have the set, and in black ? didnt know came in that colour...

17990679_1409389459117830_60995695423836

"Nigh 50kgs of Audio purity. The Marantz PM10 and SA10 are now on demo in the 164 Lygon St premises of Carlton Audio Visual.
The amp is a 200 watts 8 Ohm 400 watts 4 Ohm dual mono design. The preamplifier section has its own power supply and so has the volume control ... it is purely analogue so as there to lower noise levels.
The CD player is actually a play everything digital device with outstanding build quality.
Just unpacked and running in today ..."

• Like 5

according to marantz au posts,

"At last! We proudly announce the PM10S1 Reference Series 200W@8Ohm Amplifier is here and on demo now - only at Carlton Audio Visual (in beautiful Black) and Clef Hi-Fi South Melbourne (in gorgeous Gold). Our matching SA10S1 reference SACD player is also on demo in both stores! Call in for listen #becausemusicmatters"

at cleff,

18033493_1423760334346939_24918517163851

and cav in lovely black,

17952973_1423760437680262_85842273472150

I must admit a real surprise to see in black, and looks amazing in both but to be honest for some reason I seem to associate their premium stuff always with gold  ! its almost like am not sure should be in any other colour :D 

though good there is a choice....

I wonder if the blue highlights can be switched off ! hehe

• Like 1

Guest thathifiguy
29 minutes ago, :) al said:

according to marantz au posts,

"At last! We proudly announce the PM10S1 Reference Series 200W@8Ohm Amplifier is here and on demo now - only at Carlton Audio Visual (in beautiful Black) and Clef Hi-Fi South Melbourne (in gorgeous Gold). Our matching SA10S1 reference SACD player is also on demo in both stores! Call in for listen #becausemusicmatters"

at cleff,

18033493_1423760334346939_24918517163851

and cav in lovely black,

17952973_1423760437680262_85842273472150

I must admit a real surprise to see in black, and looks amazing in both but to be honest for some reason I seem to associate their premium stuff always with gold  ! its almost like am not sure should be in any other colour :D 

though good there is a choice....

I wonder if the blue highlights can be switched off ! hehe

I actually love the highlights!

15 minutes ago, thathifiguy said:

I actually love the highlights!

Cheapens the look for me. Makes them look too much like the entry models. Maybe just a warm white LED would set them apart more. For instance I believe all Commodores have blue lights/dash, whereas my SS Redline has red lights/dash

If I had the dosh to lay out, I'd go gold.

Edited by blybo

25 minutes ago, blybo said:

If I had the dosh to lay out, I'd go gold.

same :)

the manual is already downloadable on marantz uk and i see it can configured so the lamps are always off :)

47 minutes ago, Raffinator said:

A bit Melbourne-centric.... why doesn't Len Wallis get to show them? They have the Yamaha 3000 combo and it would be fun to go head-to-head.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

qualifi is in melbourne. maybe they have some in sydney LW etc. probably worth an ask :)