Bluetooth Adapter for Rega Brio-R or Rega DAC

Hi all,

I'm after a Bluetooth adapter that I can connect to either my Rega Brio-R or Rega DAC so I can stream music and movies wirelessly from my laptop. Is there such a product that exists?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
S

One of Arcam's little devices will do the trick admirably - the r-Blink. You can either come out of it via digital coax into the DAC or analogue into the Brio-R. Keep in mind BT adaptors only stream audio, not video. I assume when you mentioned movies you just meant the audio component.

Gee the r-Blink is pricey.

Are there any units that just have the Bluetooth component and not a built in DAC?

They will all have a built-in DAC of some description to provide an analogue output. Obviously the Arcam is a step above the cheap crap out there, and is something I chose based on the quality of your other components. Rastus has provided some good links above.

If you can use wifi, grab a Chromecast Audio, now that is a sweet bit of kit for $59.

I was going to add the Google Chromecast, but I was reading some posts on another forum where people were saying they did not like the 'sound' produced by them and that there were issues with not enough apps supporting the 'casting' yet. Now I don't know as I have not used one, I use a Raspberry Pi and WiFi for streaming music. I do know there are two different types: the Chromecast (original) and Chromecast Audio...

What is Chromecast?
Chromecast is a media streaming device that plugs into the HDMI port on your TV.

https://www.google.com.au/intl/en/chromecast/tv/#?discover

What is Chromecast Audio?
Chromecast Audio is a small device that plugs into your speaker for streaming music over Wi-Fi.

https://www.google.com.au/intl/en/chromecast/speakers/#?discover

And they are WiFi, not Bluetooth. You may need to check out some of the reviews online for both products I've supplied here, like I said I don't know what they are like.

Edited by rastus

• 3 years later...

• 1 year later...

If you have an Apple TV, you can attach the optical Toslink cable from Apple TV to Rego DAC For streaming audio from iPhone or MacBook.   Alternatively you can get a cheap android TV box (with optical socket) to do the same, but you need to download a cheap air play or air pin pro app to the android box for streaming from Apple devices.  I have been streaming this way with no problem.