FS: Vitus, RI-100 Integrated Amp

SOLD
SOLD

Item: Vitus RI-100 Amp
Price: $9000
Item Condition: Excellent
Reason for selling: System Synergy
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, EFT, Paypal + Fees
Extra Info: I recently purchased this lovely amp from another SNA member. My thinking was to simplify my system and sell my Pre / Power combination to recoup some funds.

After spending time setting up the system with the RI-100 I have found that it just does not suit my current system so I am putting back on the market.

I would suggest that you need speakers that are 90db or better sensitivity(please see comments below) a bit bright in the top end and a little bass shy and this would be a great setup. The sound is a little laid back but has prodigious bass. 

The amp has really nice flexibility in naming inputs, setting input levels for each device, a simple remote that does the job well (apple) and overall very easy to use.

I am happy to deliver the amp to Melbourne or arrange freight from 3690 to other destinations. It comes with original box and packing (surprising this is a single box)

I am the second owner and it was purchased from the distributor in Melbourne from the previous owner a little over a year ago.

Update on my previous comments about the speaker sensitivity.

After reading both the specs on the Vitus input voltages and the output level of my DCS player (always handy to read the manuals!) I found that my DCS player had the balanced  output set to 2 volts, after I reset this to 6 volts (the Vitus requires 5.3 volts on its balanced inputs) the output to the speakers is now much more reasonable. It does not play quite as loud as my Pre / Power but it is now very good and remains clean with no hint of stress and at higher levels than most people would require. 

As I had been using a pre / power setup before the Vitus the low output of the DCS hadn't come to light.

http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/vitus-audio-ri-100-integrated-amplifier/

http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue70/magico_vitus.htm

Pictures: To Follow (Stock image for reference)

post-104770-0-51210500-1461885904_thumb.

Actual item for sale

post-104770-0-76054700-1461851587_thumb.

RI-100 Manual.pdf

Edited by srms
  • Like 3

Thanks Egg,

I am interested but would like to know if anyone in Sydney has one I could listen to. My speakers are 86db.

300W from this beast is plenty for 86db at almost any reasonable listening level you could want... I've no idea why the OP seems to think your speakers need to be at the 90db sensitivity mark.

Unfortunate for the OP - as I bought this also with the intent of system simplification and am very happy. 

Of note, they are now selling the DAC module for this unit in Australia which you can separately purchase to get a stunning DAC built in.

• Like 3

300W from this beast is plenty for 86db at almost any reasonable listening level you could want... I've no idea why the OP seems to think your speakers need to be at the 90db sensitivity mark.

Unfortunate for the OP - as I bought this also with the intent of system simplification and am very happy. 

Of note, they are now selling the DAC module for this unit in Australia which you can separately purchase to get a stunning DAC built in.

This beast should have no issue dealing with <90db sensitivity speakers.

I had the same amp driving my ATC SCM 20 85db, with great results. It was a great combination. This amp will drive anything. I only sold it to move up to their class A mono blocks. Vitus does make a great amp, and or products. Who ever buys this amp is buying quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Analysis
  • Like 3

I had the same amp driving my ATC SCM 20 85db, with great results. It was a great combination. This amp will drive anything. I only sold it to move up to their class A mono blocks. Vitus does make a great amp, and or products. Who ever buys this amp is buying quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also owned one of these amps and the only reason that I do not have it now is that I was fortunate enough to be able to go to the next level with the SIA-025 earlier this year.  I do not know exactly what the sensitivity of my speakers is but they are less than 90db.  The secret of Vitus equipment is the transformer that delivers all the necessary power precisely when required.  Because of the transformer the unit weighs about 43 Kg.

They are superb sounding amplifiers but maybe the sound could a bit on the delicate sophisticated side for some people who may want a more brash in your face sound.  Whoever buys this this amp will consider themselves blessed

John

• Like 6

I have Revel Salon 2's.

I guess the sound people like from their systems is a personal choice. When we have a reasonable level of gear I don't think it is night and day,  just subtle changes in the presentation of the music that we may is may not find better.

I am sure there are lots of very happy owners of Vitus gear and that is great. 

• Like 5

Thanks Egg,

I am interested but would like to know if anyone in Sydney has one I could listen to. My speakers are 86db.

Hate to contradict the OP, but must be some serious issue going on, the PS on these things are massive and can drive handle low ohm swings and I certainly think bass shy is something I wouldn't associated with this model. Sonically well that's a matter of taste but ability to drive under 90db and bass extension wouldn't be two things I would worry about

NAP, I wouldn't be worried about driving 86db with this amp trust me, I've owned one and driven some 85db speakers with plenty of headroom

• Like 1

I heard Victor's CD player many years ago and the remote was as heavy as a brick. Don't know why anyone would use an apple remote (except for my Apple TV)

The vitus reference series, which includes this amp, a CD player and dac all come with Apple remotes as the default remote. The heavy remote can be purchased at an additional price.

I had a rd100 dac, and yes I questioned why a $18k dac comes with a Apple remote...

Not when I had one only thing that peeeeeeed me off was the apple remote

I agree absolutely about the remote for the RI-100.  I understand the the attitude of Vitus to be, where do want the quality?  The remote for the SIA -025 Is pure quality to match the amp.  You can purchase the remote but you had better be lying down when you ask for a price.

John

• Like 2

I agree absolutely about the remote for the RI-100. I understand the the attitude of Vitus to be, where do want the quality? The remote for the SIA -025 Is pure quality to match the amp. You can purchase the remote but you had better be lying down when you ask for a price.

John

I'll make that sacrifice on a 1000 buck amp not at 15k one :) I'm glad they could extend themselves to give a nice remote on the 25w one bloody want too!

Well it feel good when u have a remote that carved from a billet block . But really there not many thing you can adjust like volume up or down . To me more like the quality of sound that matter most . When you have Vitus well set up you smile the moment you think about come home to turn her on .

I have this amp for 3 weeks n got to say i did open new windows to the sound of music that even I'm have no idea it was exited b4 [emoji1362]

It not just the sound quality but also the build quality of this thing . At 9k it worth every single cents with or without the apple remote [emoji6]

• Like 2

Well it feel good when u have a remote that carved from a billet block . But really there not many thing you can adjust like volume up or down . To me more like the quality of sound that matter most . When you have Vitus well set up you smile the moment you think about come home to turn her on .

I have this amp for 3 weeks n got to say i did open new windows to the sound of music that even I'm have no idea it was exited b4 [emoji1362]

It not just the sound quality but also the build quality of this thing . At 9k it worth every single cents with or without the apple remote [emoji6]

The point is it's kinda insulting to a customer regardless of whether the amp sounds good or is value for money

• Like 1

The point is it's kinda insulting to a customer regardless of whether the amp sounds good or is value for money

I know what you mean when it come to value of those highend brand :-( so wish they all loose one 0 so more can appreciate the sound of good music .

But this not a HT amp where you need a thousand of setting to go though . Imo it look great , feel great plus it build like a tank , sound wise you have to listen to one fully warm up after midnight you would know why some of us don't care about the remote. That a entry level amp too [emoji1360]

Again it some one sale thread i dont want to drag it on . But if music is why we all here , let the next owner enjoy it [emoji6]

Shell we [emoji1362]

• Like 3