Sign in to follow this  
Tivoli Hi-Fi

SOLD: FS: Trade in Bowers & Wilkins 800 Diamond (D2) Speakers

Item full name and model: Trade in Bowers & Wilkins 800 Diamond (D2) in Cherrywood

Location Tivoli Hi-Fi 155-157 Camberwell Road Hawthorn East VIC 3123

Item condition description: Trade in item in near perfect condition, no original packaging but accessory kits included.

Price and price conditions: SOLD

Reason for selling: Trade in item.

Payment Methods: Paypal, Cash - Pickup in store, Credit Card including AMEX with no fees or penalties.

Extra Info: Unique opportunity to own the flagship 800 Diamond

The pictures speak for themselves, they are in immaculate condition, we sold them in 2014 and now he is downsizing to a smaller room and these had to go.

post-154800-0-37251000-1461202849_thumb.post-154800-0-77311900-1461202865_thumb.

Edited by Tivoli Hi-Fi

Why oh why must you tease me like this????

Out of curiosity, a marvellous speaker and I understand the need to downsize. Where do you go from these though?

WOW....Beautiful....maybe in a few more years....

Edited by DMax

Guest JohnA

Out of curiosity, a marvellous speaker and I understand the need to downsize. Where do you go from these though?

snails  :)

damn missing mine already

Because we can @@Marc :P

He is moving to a smaller room so in comes the Linn Akudorik Exakt system

http://www.linn.co.uk/music-systems/akudorik

post-154800-0-95346700-1461207887_thumb.

ha ha, so 2 idiots, selling the same speaker moving into smaller abode  :)

I did mention the Linn to you John!

Cheers

James

Nice!

Beats me why they dropped this colour!

I've had the Rosenut but prefer the Cherry.

Nice!

Beats me why they dropped this colour!

I've had the Rosenut but prefer the Cherry.

The Rosenut has always been more popular here,  but I think the Cherry looks great as well.

Black wins all. :P

If there were black I would buy them :)

Having heard Linn systems a few times, I can understand the attraction to the simplicity. At times I feel my own assortment of components becomes too complicated.

Guest JohnA

Black wins all. :P

If there were black I would buy them :)

Having heard Linn systems a few times, I can understand the attraction to the simplicity. At times I feel my own assortment of components becomes too complicated.

once you've got black............   :)

Guest JohnA

I did mention the Linn to you John!

Cheers

James

indeed you did James, and once in the new shoebox, and i work out what i have to play with, will come for an audition

???

Your getting old pal.(see you in a few weeks hopefully)

Fantastic metaphor.

WD that man.

How big a room do you really need for these or the 802D2s? And do you take souls or body parts as trade?

How big a room do you really need for these or the 802D2s? And do you take souls or body parts as trade?

The 800's need a larger room, we've found 802's can work in smaller areas brilliantly.

What size is your room?

They can be hard to move on!

Cheers

James

Guest JohnA

i had mine is a 6 x 4.5 mtr room and they worked brilliantly

had them around 1.7mtr from the back wall to the front of speaker and around 1 mtr from side wall to center of bass driver

slight toe in so tweeters were slightly wider then ear width apart

I do have the same dimensions as John for my room, but cannot get the speakers out as much else I will be sitting in the dining to listen music :)

For the price, I cannot believe these are still available, legendary speakers.

People demo systems with them at the Munich Audio Show.

And you don't find cheap crap at that show.

I don't have spare $$ to look at them seriously, I'll just have to battle on with my Ambience until I win lotto!

I'm just curious if something like a 6x4m room would be suitable, as I've been eying them off for about 5 years now, and eventually when I buy a place these will hopefully be joining :)

Glad they are interstate ! I'll have wait for the Mk3....... Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember being gobsmacked by these speakers as a school kid at Tivoli Hi Fi in Glenferrie Rd, in 1979

BW_801.jpg

The Linn gear is all very interesting.

A mate has these B&W's (well, the same ones, not these), amazing speakers that seem to respond well to anything. His, in his room, like monoblocks but some jazz played through his valve amps is also blissful.

GLWTS Jamesy-babe and I hope all is going well for you. You need to find me a good PSA DSD some day soon.

Edited by Darren69

The Linn gear is all very interesting.

A mate has these B&W's (well, the same ones, not these), amazing speakers that seem to respond well to anything. His, in his room, like monoblocks but some jazz played through his valve amps is also blissful.

GLWTS Jamesy-babe and I hope all is going well for you. You need to find me a good PSA DSD some day soon.

All good here Darren hope you're the same,  I'm only a PM or phone call away!