My plasma is dying [emoji27]

If you must buy now then you will need to look at Samsung JS9000 or JS8000. Samsung will be brighter than LG but it does not necessarily means an advantage but Samsung can cover around 92% of PC3 colour space compare to just under 90% with the LG Oled. I still prefer plasma because it has deeper black than LED and the colour reproduction on plasma is still more natural than boht LED and OLED.

Says a lot about the differences on LED and OLED

http://www.cnet.com/au/products/samsung-unjs9500/

Edited by Addicted to music

Says a lot about the differences on LED and OLED

http://www.cnet.com/au/products/samsung-unjs9500/

That said, one still has to keep in mind your own budget, A 78" Top range Sammy is still over $15K, whist by dropping down to a 75" Sony with nearly as good a picture and still 4k costs about $4500, so the question becomes can you afford what you want in terms of performance or not, given the way each year we're collectively dragged along the road of change its not that painful to sit back and enjoy the savings for a few years and still not be that far behind. :thumb:

That said, one still has to keep in mind your own budget, A 78" Top range Sammy is still over $15K, whist by dropping down to a 75" Sony with nearly as good a picture and still 4k costs about $4500, so the question becomes can you afford what you want in terms of performance or not, given the way each year we're collectively dragged along the road of change its not that painful to sit back and enjoy the savings for a few years and still not be that far behind. :thumb:

To that question on affordability, the answer is no! :unsure:

I won't pay $4k for a panel, the max I would pay for a panel will be around the $1-1.6k Max at this figure I'll be currently looking at standard size 55" LED. Dont need 78" Every manufacturer replaces there range every 6-9 mths, and there is always better features every 4-6yrs. It's taken since 2008 to come out with 4K standard So why should I pay more than $1.5-2k Max? If you think I consider color accuracy high on the list think again, I actually calibrate screens with an ES1000 or the current ES2000, those who are critical and an@l about calibration and accuracy let them be, however I'm not all that fuss as long as it looks natural, don't want everyone looking like they rose from the grave....:P

Hey Rod ,I have my Sony KVHR36M31 Widescreen FD Trinitron with stand  RRP $4499 .Better picture and will outlast your plasma and the next generation of TVs .Very rare to find ,you can make me a offer? (mates rates)

Stump