Finally! Shelving and lounge completion.

Wasn't really sure what section to post this in, but I thought, since the reason for the install was focused around the vinyl and turntable, I'd put it here. If mods feel otherwise, please don't hesitate to move it. 

Been looking for a solution to get my small collection of the main unit. I wanted it as clean as possible, with only the TT on it. 

The style of our house made it a difficult to consider Ikea boxes and I only would consider solutions that kept the records at that same wall. We decided on the following shelving, it's not ideal for the "storage" of vinyl, but I don't have that much and am happy to have them displayed in bundles, rotating my favourite album covers every now and then. 

I'm very happy, it has completed the room, the wall was bare and something was always missing, i felt. 

I'm also able to shelve my bluray which has been in a closet in a spare bedroom until today. 

Last thing to do is a lamp, either ceiling hanging down to the TT or a table-top, next to the TT. Looking for matching industrial style if anyone knows any good places?

What do you reckon?

Elyas.

New%20Shelves%20in%20Lounge.jpg

New%20Shelves%20in%20Lounge-2.jpg

New%20Shelves%20in%20Lounge-3.jpg

• Like 10

Thanks, we usually have a large rug under the coffee table but we got a dog recently and his hair is short and prickly so we removed it. Sounds a bit "hally" now but it's not bad.

My attempt at re-creating your album photo. However The X album you have is the better one.

Haha, Coexist. Well, Amy is just behind my Adele, so you're pretty freaking close!

• Like 1

Haha, Coexist. Well, Amy is just behind my Adele, so you're pretty freaking close!

LOL!

I have XX on CeeDee only.

Vinyl storage, you can never have enough.

I have mine in a heavily modified IKEA deep Billy book case. When I built/modified it I had plenty of space, but it is full and now more vinyl is stashed all over the house.

post-154655-0-66428700-1459041999_thumb.

Did you make the shelves yourself? Looks like old gal water pipe painted black.

I got these nifty plastic frames for displaying vinyl.

It is very easy to swap LPs when the mood takes you.

I didn't make them, just put them together. They are old pipes mate.

It all looks great Urhyns, even if your TT looks a bit lonely :D. Only other flaw I can see is the LP second from the right, a wonderful cure for insomnia!! :P  All up though, great work :thumb:.

Edited by stevoz

It all looks great Urhyns, even if your TT looks a bit lonely :D. Only other flaw I can see is the LP second from the right, a wonderful cure for insomnia!! :P  All up though, great work :thumb:.

Haha nice. Well, I must admit that whilst I wouldn't have bought it myself (it was a gift), I'm glad I own it. At least the girl can sing.

I like the lonely minimalist look for the TT. I'd prefer to move the phono too but the chords are too short. When I upgrade, I'll get longer ones.

Next up is a hanging lamp to set it all off.

LOL!

I have mine in a heavily modified IKEA deep Billy book case. When I built/modified it I had plenty of space, but it is full and now more vinyl is stashed all over the house.

Err... You've got *slightly* more wax than me mate. Your sickness is far more developed.

• Like 1

Love the shelves! :ohmy:

First thing I thought was.....they should have soft lights integrated at the bottom of each pipe shining down on the benchtop

;)

A small wall-mounted lamp mounted between the shelves in the same pipe-style would finish it off nicely though.

Very nice and inviting room overall, BTW

:)

Edited by Dirty_vinylpusher

Did you make the shelves yourself? Looks like old gal water pipe painted black.

I got these nifty plastic frames for displaying vinyl.

It is very easy to swap LPs when the mood takes you.

Where did you get those ? I found some in ikea but they were metal and not easy to remove once hung

What did you use to hang them?

Regards

Where did you get those ? I found some in ikea but they were metal and not easy to remove once hung

What did you use to hang them?

Regards

http://artvinyl.com.au/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=OitUzRepEHY

I got mine from http://www.until.com.au/ several years ago but they don't seem to have them now.

I purchased a pack of 3 frames which was cheaper than buying single frames.

You may need to look around to find a stockist.

I mounted them using just a single screw. The display frames are all plastic so very light.

The flip out front can be easily removed which makes screwing them on the wall easy.

I also have the Ikea ones and they are only suited for permanent installation of records or covers.

I have a set of four on the wall with Kiss solo picture discs in them. Those albums are not worth playing anyway. ;-)

post-154655-0-40570800-1459204890_thumb.

LOL!

Do you have outer sleeves on your records? And if you do, do you store them with the album cover opening facing the back of the cabinet or up?

Yesterday i put together a couple of IKEA Kallax. All my records have outer sleeves and when I store the records with the opening facing inwards the album tend to slip out of the outer sleeves. Reason I do this so I can read the spine of the record as I store In alphabetical order.