Sign in to follow this  
Jebediah

Complete Beatles Mono Box Set (Latest Pressing)

Item: Beatles Mono Vinyl Box Set
Price: $450 Delivered anywhere within reason $390 Pickup
Item Condition:Mint/Near Mint
Reason for selling:Prefers the stereo versions
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info:Selling on behalf of a friend whom is a record collector and Beatles nut. He is genuinely devastated that he didn't fall in love with the sound of the mono (mostly the mix of instruments etc). However he has quite a rudimentary system which I'm sure is not bringing out the best these records have to offer. About 3-4 have been played once and the rest are unopened (mint).

I will be travelling to Brisbane on Saturday so I can arrange to meet any Brisbane folks interested in purchasing. Please be sure you want this though, please, no time wasters.

PS I have this advertised elsewhere and reserve the right to end the sale should an acceptable buyer be found.

Pictures:

post-140353-0-35461300-1458714499_thumb.

post-140353-0-49392600-1458714542_thumb.

post-140353-0-88146700-1458714592_thumb.

Edited by Jebediah

Didn't listen with a mono cart, I assume.

Didn't listen with a mono cart, I assume.

Correct assumption

Nice.

I think it will move soon.

Thanks Logic, no huge drama if it doesn't. I'd actually like my friend to upgrade his turntable as I think that would sway him to keep it, but he's too busy buying records to do that just yet

I haven't got a mono cart.......................but if I did..............I would buy this!

You don't need a mono cart. Google mono y cable,costs about $12 from Dick Smith or Jaycar and away you go. Worked for me.

I will not start a lesson on why it is not the same.

I don't own a lot of mono recordings,so throwing money at a mono cart is not feasible.This is the next best thing for me.

Having said that, if a mono cart came up for sale cheap, I could be tempted.

Edited by Blk plastic

I don't own a lot of mono recordings,so throwing money at a mono cart is not feasible.This is the next best thing for me.

Having said that, if a mono cart came up for sale cheap, I could be tempted.

Art Dudley would be proud of you.

Now I want the whole set of mono carts!

Now I see why some people have two mounted tonearms lol!

Art Dudley would be proud of you.

Bless him.

You don't need a mono cart. Google mono y cable,costs about $12 from Dick Smith or Jaycar and away you go. Worked for me.

Yup exactly only value in having mono cart is pre 1950s cut lacquer with u shaped grooves

@@ABG

Fremer & Ortofon are pretty much on the same page re mono carts -

http://www.ortofon.com/hifi/cartridges-ranges/true-mono

So, they're simply over-hyping it, because ...?

Yup all mono albums today are cut on stereo laths so there is no tracking advantage whatsoever in using a mono cart. You only see advantages on certain carts which have proper mono needles on old records, although a lot don't they are simple carts that sum the audio signal just like the aforementioned y cable

Sign in to follow this  

• Classifieds Statistics

Currently Active Ads

Total Sales (Since 2018)

Total Sales Value (Last 14 Days)

Total Ads Value (Since March 2020)
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By wolfz
      Price: $300 Item Condition: excellent Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Pickup available and you can audition. Suburb or Town: Redland Bay State: Queensland Payment Method: PayPal Cash Reason for selling: Got an amp/dac all in one
      Extra Info:
       A few tiny marks (edge), not easy to see, no original box. Normal retail price new is $800.
      A very good sounding amp with two crossfeed stages and two gain settings.

Tech Data copied from Meyer:
      Sure, from the outside the CLASSIC looks very modest and plain. However, technically and sonically this is the best and most advanced amplifier that we've ever build.

Of course this amplifier also uses the concept of active balanced headphone ground. Within this concept each headphone connection wire carries an additional signal such that the sum of the potentials of the wires equals zero. This strongly minimizes the energies stored and released in the electrical fields inside the headphone cable when an audio-signal is applied. The influence of the wire on the sound is thus reduced.

Moreover, with active ground pollution of the internal signal ground by strong driving currents is eliminated and the power-supply-rejection-ratio at the output stages is strongly improved. Thus the best conditions are given for a clean and undistorted sound.

Active balanced headphone ground offers most of the advantages of a true balanced headphone setup without the need of balanced connections. It can be used with any conventional dynamic or magneplanar headphone.

The volume control is technically very sophisticated. The position of the potentiometer is measured with the use of an AD-converter. The output of this converter is then used to switch a bank of relais to set the proper volume level. There are a total of 64 levels which allows for very small stepsizes and a very analog feeling. The advantages of this concept are strongly reduced channel-imbalances and a much cleaner and more detailed sound. The use of a conventional stereo-potentiometer does add its own sonic signature which is now prevented.

The amplification section is build around AD797 opamps biased into class-A. For the output stages BUF634 buffer amplifiers are used. These integrated circuits are very fast and thus allows the output signals to follow the input signals very closely. The amp is DC-coupled and any capacitors found in the signal path are of the highest quality polypropylen and polystyrol.

A very extensive powersupply, a large number of power-regulators, and a total filter capacity of 80.000 microF (!!) assure the best working conditions for any part of the circuitry.

The built-in crossfeed filter is a frequency-extended version of the natural crossfeed found in previous CORDA amplifiers and provides even better imaging. It also offers three intensity levels (Stereo, medium, high). To compensate for the psycho-acoustic bass-loss a separate switch allows to slightly increase lower-frequencies.

Technically the CLASSIC is an extremely advanced headphone amplifier and offers excellent value-for-money!

• By tchye nguyen
      Item: SHUNYATA DIAMOND BACK 1.8M POWER CABLE TERMINATE IN FURUTECH AUSTRALIAN PLUG AND 20a C19 IEC REFER TO PHOTO.
      Price: $$450
      Item Condition: VERY GOOD LIKE NEW
      Reason for selling: NO LONGER REQUIRE
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, COD Only, BANK TRANSFER. POST AT BUYER COST
      Extra Info: I BOUGHT THIS CABLE SAME TIME I BOUGHT SHUNYATA HYDRA CYCLOPS FOR SALE ON STEREONET RIGHT NOW. THIS CABLE IS DESIGN TO GET BEST CURRENT FOR YOUR POWER AMPLI. PLEASE PM ME IF YOU NEED MORE INFO OR SEARCH THE WEB.

WILL DONATE AFTER SALE

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By tchye nguyen
      Item: SONY LASER ASSEMBLY KSS 331A Genuine. 
      Price: $280
      Item Condition: New never been use
      Reason for selling: Kenwood CD player LD1 had been sold no longer require. 
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, COD Only, bank transfer
      Extra Info: Bought new from Germany as a spare for Kenwood CD player LD1. Never been use. It is a genuine Sony KSS 331A ( not a Chinese cheap copy ) which might be able to use with other CD player please search the Web before buy.

will donate after sale.

• By tchye nguyen
      Item: CEC CD TRANSPORT MODEL TL51X
      Price: $650
      Item Condition: VERY GOOD. COME WITH ORIGINAL BOX ORIGINAL REMOTE AND CLAMP. 
      Reason for selling: TOO MANY CD PLAYER
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, COD POST AT BUYER COST
      Extra Info: THIS MACHINE HAD BEEN SERVICE AND BELT REPLACE BY CLARK AUDIO IN MELBOURNE. THIS BELT DRIVE IS A VERY VALUE FOR MONEY SOUND WARM AS IT IS A BELT DRIVE UNIT.
      WILL DONATE AFTER SALE.
      NOTE THIS IS A CD TRANSPORT REQUIRE A DAC

• By tchye nguyen
      Item: Tortech isolation step down transformer 230/240v to 100v 50Hz 100va
      Price: $110 ONO
      Item Condition: Very good. Main cable had been up grade by qualify Electrician
      Reason for selling: No longer require
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, COD, bank transfer. Post at buyer cost. 
      Extra Info: I use this Isolation step down transformer with my Japanese 100v Luxman pre amp with great result. Very good for sources require 100v eg: DAC, Pre amp, CD player...

Will donate after sale.