The Rega RB300 tonearm is well known to members of this group.
I have owned this new since 1989, had it mounted on my Thorens TD-160 Super, & have performed the following modifications/upgrades/enhancements on it.
- silver internal Litz wiring (from memory Cardas)
- Expressimo Audio 115g "full moon" drop counterweight - improved bass reproduction, tracking, musical detail, resolution & shifts tonearm resonance to the "optimum" 10 Hz. (The original drop weight, there have been many copies since)
- Expressimo Audio "VTAF" (Vertical Tracking Angle on the Fly) which allows fine VTA adjustment due to the variability of record thicknesses, without compromising stiffness, secured by original nut
- Separate ground lead with mini banana plug (original was grounded through the earth of the RCA plugs)
- 2 x 1.5 metre lengths of Furutech FR-alpha S22 Oxygen-free Copper (OFC) tonearm lead, which retails for $85 a metre (total value $255) (connected by 15cm of original Chord Chrysalis phono tail, which is hard wired to the internal Litz cables)
- Terminated by a pair of locking WBT110 Ag silver plugs, retail AUS $88 each (total value $176)
- Last 2 upgrades done in 2018
All working well.
My reason for selling is that my Lyra Skala's stylus recently packed it in after 900+ hours, & am planning an upgrade to an Etna, plus a Rega RB2000.
Selling price takes into consideration recent upgrades in the phono lead & RCA plugs, however, please feel free to make reasonable offers.
I will post anywhere in Australia for a flat $20, on top of the selling price.
Overseas customers, please check Australia's Post's website (www.auspost.com.au) for a quote from 2222 to your country.
Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.