Up for sale is my SotM ( State of the Music ) sDP-1000 DAC which is 6 years old and had a RRP of 5k, it has dual batteries and is fully balanced.
To me I have found it a great organic sounding unit and have thoroughly enjoyed my time with it but for the sake of the wife ( happy wife: happy life ) have moved to a one box solution.
This is from a review but sums it up well...
The SOtM sDP-1000 is not your ordinary DAC. It double-functions as a high-quality preamp that can operate entirely in the analog domain and offers DSD compatibility as a cherry on the top.
Because the sDP-1000 doubles as a fully analog preamp, it doesn’t only offer all popular digital inputs (cinch, BNC, AES/EBU, USB, Toslink); it also offers analog inputs (cinch and XLR) and, importantly, these remain analog throughout, with volume control also carried out in the analog domain. With digital inputs, volume control is still performed in the analog domain.
Output signal is offered for both cinch and XLR. Apart from matters of personal taste, analog volume control is still the best way to go if the unit is to be used at low volumes. But the feature list doesn’t stop there. The sDP-1000 also decodes 1-bit DSD audio using DoP over USB and finally, it is battery-powered! The latter is always something that interests me. The cool feature here is that there are actually two battery packs inside which are alternately used, while the unused one is charged simultaneously. These batteries can be easily replaced if need be, simply by opening a hatch in the bottom of the unit. Its USB input accepts up to 32bit 192khz PCM and 1-bit DSD64 while the other digital inputs accept up to 24/192 PCM. The DAC output is fully balanced and uses a passive L-C low pass filter. Via remote 4 different sampling settings can be selected.
Links to reviews...
Link to Manual...
• Supports playback of 32 bit/192kHz PCM and DSD files
• Ultra-low jitter clock, active noise canceller
• Two internal battery packs, automated charging circuits with Ultra Low Noise Regulators: AC power noise blocked
• Asynchronous mode USB input circuits eliminate PC clock jitter
• Built-in preamplifier gives true analogue bypass for analogue input
• OLED display
• Aluminium remote control
• Dimensions: W 360 x D 240 x H 68mm
• Battery Operation
• Dual Battery Pack and Automatic Charger
• ULNR Circuit for all Digital and Analogue Circuits
Digital Audio Input:
• USB 2.0 High Speed
• USB Audio Class 2.0
• 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz, 176.4kHz, 192kHz Sample Rates
• Maximum 32bit PCM & 1 Bit DSD
• Sampling Rate Auto Detect and Display
• Asynchronous isochronous mode operation
• Windows OS, Mac OSX, Linux Support
• Ultra Low Jitter Clock with Active Noise Canceller
AES/EBU, BNC, Coaxial & Optical Input:
• AES, S/PDIF Data Format Compatible
• 32kHz, 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz, 176.4kHz, 192kHz Sample Rates
• Maximum 24bit PCM Audio Data
• Auto Enable De-Emphasis Filter
Sampling Rate Converter:
• Select 48kHz, 96kHz, 192kHz/32Bit
Analogue Audio Input:
• Stereo Balanced Input x 1
• Un-Balanced Input x 2
• Input Signal Crosstalk Reduction Circuit
• Fully Balanced Buffer Circuit
• Passive L-C Low Pass Filter
• WideRange Frequency Response: 10hZ~50kHz
• SNR: -110db
• THD+N: -100db
• +10db ~ -60db, 0.5db Step
• Stereo Balanced Output x 1
• Un-Balanced Output x 1