I think you miss the point of an AVR and why it absolutely shits on a frankenstein "I know better than everyone else" setup.
1. You can actually play Dolby TrueHD, DTS Master HD etc. which is crucial to modern cinema and blu-ray concerts. This single reason alone makes frankenstein pointless.
2. For basic TV with the missus, you can use ARC with usual dolby standard 5.1 and use the TV apps. FAR nicer for simplicities sake.
3. No one can use or troubleshoot frankenstein and you spend more time ******* around with it than actually just enjoying the entertainment.
4. Your power useage, space and clutter becomes an absolute mess with frankenstein.
5. Subwoofer integration. Using LFE channel with ARC (Anthem) Dirac (Emotiva etc.) is FAR superior for an 'all around' easy solution for room correct and crossover setup of subs (or multiple subs!)
6. Everything 'Just Works' while providing the highest quality experience overall so long as you can afford a decent system such as an anthem/emotiva level or higher.
Using a reciever to me (Or seperates with a processor) is a no brainer. Tried the frankenstein route, absolute pain in the ass just spend the money.